Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 06:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
That is not why Mr. Stephens was shot.
There is no good reason he was shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 06:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,239,557 times
Quote:
No where in the video can we see Officer Lin reach for his gun.

This was an Asian cop who shot a black male. Where are the charges of racism against Asians? Never mind, Asians are considered to be "white" by blacks.
So the guy was magically shot by a ghost or something and not the officer. Impressive.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:32 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,774,254 times
I have survived my encounters with cops by being polite and noncombatant. Of course my black brothers will attribute that to "white privilege" but that is only a bunch of bull hockey. My black brothers, hear this if you hear nothing else, it isn't all about you or your skin color. It happens to everyone. You are not unique.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,239,557 times
Quote:
A cop has pulled his gun at me. He was Hispanic. None of the black cops I have dealt with have pulled their weapons on me, and I give them the requisite respect for their calm-headedness.
Wow, amazing you are still alive with all the times you say you have had cops pull their guns on you.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:34 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,774,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Wow, amazing you are still alive with all the times you say you have had cops pull their guns on you.
One time has been enough. Did you interpret my clear statement of once as being more than once? Comprehension is not your strong suit, obviously.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
The topic is all about the color of the man who was riding the bike, and you started the thread.
I didn't say anything about race in the OP,...moreover, I said that the shooting, while questionable, isn't really the topic.

I'm only asking if we're allowed to ride our bicycles in public places unmolested by police if we're not committing a crime.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:37 PM

950 posts, read 926,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If he was stopping people riding against traffic he would get nothing else done all day.

maybe where you live.............not where I live

Everywhere I have lived bicyclists knew the rules of the road

It is when bicyclists think they are above the law or rules don't apply to them that problems arise.

If a bicyclist is riding towards me, he will have to risk his life by going around me as I will hug the shoulder.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post

It is when bicyclists think they are above the law or rules don't apply to them that problems arise.

If a bicyclist is riding towards me, he will have to risk his life by going around me as I will hug the shoulder.
LMAO...dude, he's riding a bicycle...not operating an 18 wheeler.

You'd pull over closer to the shoulder? Why would you do that?

Old 04-26-2015, 06:40 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,446,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post

are the roads that narrow where you live? Seems like a really spiteful thing to do.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I have survived my encounters with cops by being polite and noncombatant. Of course my black brothers will attribute that to "white privilege" but that is only a bunch of bull hockey. My black brothers, hear this if you hear nothing else, it isn't all about you or your skin color. It happens to everyone. You are not unique.
We're your brothers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies