Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 06:15 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
The Supreme Court held, years ago, that running from the police, without more, is not reasonable cause for stopping, detaining, or searching a citizen. That's ALL Freddie did: he ran from the police when they made eye contact with him. All further actions of the officers are therefore unconstitutional. Had he lived and been charged, the charges would have been dismissed for violations of his rights under the 5th and 14th Amendments.

If you base your understanding of the real world on television reality shows, then I know all I need to know to make a judgment about your opinion.

Instead of heaping all young black men under the heading of "thugs and losers", why don't you stop to consider the root causes of what is happening in Baltimore and other cities in the country. To quote Michael Eric Dyson from today's New York Times,

"A predictable question trails closely behind their actions, a question that always reappears like the ghost of riots past, asking, simply, why are they destroying their own neighborhoods and setting their futures on fire? The question feels helpless, sometimes cynical, but it is exactly the right question. It should be asked, however, not in anger, but with compassionate curiosity. Because the truth is as ugly as the facts that fuel riots: Without a brick tossed or a building burning, we are hardly confronting the hopelessness of the future for these young people. The unemployment rate in the community where Mr. Gray lived is over 50 percent; the high school student absence rate hovers at 49.3 percent; and life expectancy tops out at 68.8 years, according to analysis by prison reform nonprofits. These statistics are a small glimpse of the radical inequality that blankets poor black Baltimore. It’s no wonder that black Baltimore erupted in social fury. As the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. announced in the wake of the Watts riots 50 years ago, “a riot is the language of the unheard.” And judging by the actions in Baltimore, thousands are not being heard."
Michael Eric Dysone is a bone fide Marxist race baiting fool who has all the credibility of Baron Munchausen.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:42 PM

17,416 posts, read 14,650,567 times
... and the Washington Post is reporting that the other prisoner in the van said Gray was trying to injure himself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...18e_story.html

Old 04-29-2015, 07:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
... and the Washington Post is reporting that the other prisoner in the van said Gray was trying to injure himself.

Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was
Yesterday we had the story about the supposed spine surgery. What do we get tomorrow? "Exclusive....Freddie Grey had monkeys flying out his butt attacking the officers".

This story actually shows part of the problem if true. This is supposed to be sealed information. Not sealed unless we want to release part of it so there are two problems here.

1. Someone breaking the law on the side of law enforcement and getting away with it.

and

2. Nobody outside can verify any of this because its "sealed". How convienent.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yesterday we had the story about the supposed spine surgery. What do we get tomorrow? "Exclusive....Freddie Grey had monkeys flying out his butt attacking the officers".

This story actually shows part of the problem if true. This is supposed to be sealed information. Not sealed unless we want to release part of it so there are two problems here.

1. Someone breaking the law on the side of law enforcement and getting away with it.

and

2. Nobody outside can verify any of this because its "sealed". How convienent.
What do we get tomorrow?

My guess is more riots.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
What do we get tomorrow?

My guess is more riots.

Unless the problems are addressed, I hope so.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Unless the problems are addressed, I hope so.
Wait. What?

You want more riots?

Looting, burning, pillaging ...

Why am I not surprised?

Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Wait. What?

You want more riots?

Looting, burning, pillaging ...

Why am I not surprised?
What I want is the concerns of the people addressed. If that doesn't happen, continue throwing the tea into the harbor.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:10 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default Hood Rat!

Ferguson Replay all over again. Anther Hood Rat pushing against Police, because they thugs feel the legal right to break laws and terrorize other law bidding citizens.

I am not sure if Black Baltimore is ready to hear a comprehensive investigation report. I can see the DOJ involved as well.
They just want revenge!

Old 04-29-2015, 08:12 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Bloggers debunked the Allstate settlement yesterday. Maryland's court cases are online and researchers connected the dots. The settlement was about a lead based paint lawsuit that Gray and his sister won.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Ferguson Replay all over again. Anther Hood Rat pushing against Police, because they thugs feel the legal right to break laws and terrorize other law bidding citizens.
It's more and more like Ferguson because the leaks have started that refute the popular opinion of the rioters.

"Hey, pssst ... um, word on the street is that it didn't go down like you think it did. Save face and go home."

If that's what's happening I understand it - I just don't agree with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies