Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 05:45 AM

393 posts, read 306,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
I don't know if this was already addressed, but the OP said the lady FORGOT something. If she had paid for something and started walking away, then came back to get whatever else and tried to be next in line, that would be a lot more ok (especially if she cut me) than some lady who just came to the cashier as soon as she walked into the store.
If my turn wouldn't have started yet, then it's STILL HER TURN then.

Quote:
So what's the deal with you saying she forgot something? I don't understand. If she forgot something, she had already waited in the long line, so what's the big deal?
I didn't see her my entire at least 10 minutes or so waiting in the line first off. Secondly, it's a big deal since I wouldn't have done that. I would have gotten the item and went IMMEDIATELY in the back of the line, because I left the line at least 10 minutes ago probably more.

The big deal is that she's CUTTING and I wouldn't do that to innocent people.

How can you not understand that it's wrong to cut? The big deal is she was in another line A LONG TIME AGO, so HOW does that count for anything, huh? Also, WHO SAYS she waited in a long line? At that time, she may not have had a long wait. We don't know, do we?

The big deal is that if I was that guy and the other people behind him, that's at least a minute of their time they had to wait longer. HOW IS THAT *FAIR* TO THEM? They have things to do too.

As I said before, if I was that lady, I wouldn't have even DREAMED of cutting like that. I would have automatically went to another line that was an express line or self-checkout or behind that line. Even if offered I would have told the cashier "That would be cutting, I can't do that."

I think of other people's feelings, NOT JUST MY OWN. I would think about those other people that had been waiting a long time to finally have their turn. THAT is what the big deal is. I don't do that to others, so others shouldn't act like they are ABOVE ME like their time is more important that mine is when I don't do that to them.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPlaya View Post
She can think of far worse problems - like when the server at Appleby's doesn't deliver her six sides of ranch at the same exact moment as she gets her heavily modified meal brought to the table, because the server was being LAZY. I mean, come on, don't you hate it when that happens?
The server is lazy. To miss 6 items, that's stiffable. That's just not trying and not caring.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:24 AM

8,815 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I bet the manager would have been on my side after seeing the video surveillance showing that I really didn't cut. I should have reported it. It still pisses me off to this day and this happened many years ago.

Video surveillance ? Really ?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-07-2015, 06:32 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
The server is lazy. To miss 6 items, that's stiffable. That's just not trying and not caring.
I have no doubt that you are the most demanding person in any situation. You are not a glass is half full or half empty type of person. You would be complaining about the color of the glass. The world is not here to serve you. Lighten up and enjoy your time on this planet. Before you know it you will be old and gray and only have the petty complaints to look back on. Peace.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I have no doubt that you are the most demanding person in any situation.
NO I am not.

Quote:
You would be complaining about the color of the glass.
NO.

Quote:
The world is not here to serve you.
Servers and bartenders are.

Quote:
Before you know it you will be old and gray and only have the petty complaints to look back on. Peace.
It's not petty complaints to me in my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies