Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the government redistribute wealth by higher taxes on the rich?
Yes 96 42.86%
No 122 54.46%
Unsure 6 2.68%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 09:56 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,600,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You let the market drive a demand for it rather than artificially pretending things like raising minimum wage is the cure.
How about the government take away those property rights, tax breaks, basic research and delevelopment funding, limited liability laws, corporate charters, commercial transaction laws, trade laws, currency inflation, interest rates, wage laws, and bailouts, and see if the market can run itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 10:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
How about the government take away those property rights, tax breaks, basic research and delevelopment funding, limited liability laws, corporate charters, commercial transaction laws, trade laws, currency inflation, interest rates, wage laws, and bailouts, and see if the market can run itself.
Way to embarass yourself by posting a bunch of meaningless unrelated topics.. Its like talking about baking cookies, during an auto body shop. one day you'll realize you're in the wrong class room.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
While the peons want to tax the rich, the rich are the ones running the country and they will never enact any laws to tax themselves more.

So all your debates on this are futile.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:07 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
ooh lookie, someone forgot to raise their hand again before they embarassed themself

FEDERAL SPENDING has doubled.. Thats not even taking into account your claim that tax cuts are spending. If that was true, spending would TRIPLED...
Spending and revenues are completely unrelated.

Quote:
The most embarassing part of you not raising your hand is that you somehow believe that tax cuts, which grew the economy thus increased revenues, are somehow responsible for lower revenues..

Explain to me how allowing someone to keep their money, crashes economies stephen.. How old are you?
Tax cuts do not increase revenues. That's absurd. How's that working for Kansas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
While the peons want to tax the rich, the rich are the ones running the country and they will never enact any laws to tax themselves more.

So all your debates on this are futile.
Why wouldn't they be futile? They have an army of apologists.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Spending and revenues are completely unrelated.
Which means tax cuts arent spending..
Quote:
Tax cuts do not increase revenues. That's absurd. How's that working for Kansas?
And yet revenues increased so much so after Clinton cut the capital gains rate from 28% to 20% that you guys run around applauding him for "balancing the budgets"..

Old 05-07-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Which means tax cuts arent spending..
No. It means cutting taxes is unrelated to spending. Spending and taxation at the Federal level happen independently of each other.

Quote:
And yet revenues increased so much so after Clinton cut the capital gains rate from 28% to 20% that you guys run around applauding him for "balancing the budgets"..
I don't applaud Clinton for anything, and certainly not for "balancing the budget" (which was a goal of the 1% bootlicking Republicans). Revenues increased due to the dot-com economic boom cycle. It had nothing to do with tax cuts.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
No. It means cutting taxes is unrelated to spending. Spending and taxation at the Federal level happen independently of each other.
Yep.. which means tax cuts, are again, not spending..
Quote:
I don't applaud Clinton for anything, and certainly not for "balancing the budget" (which was a goal of the 1% bootlicking Republicans). Revenues increased due to the dot-com economic boom cycle. It had nothing to do with tax cuts.
You mean revenues increased, even though taxes were cut? Why thats impossible if we listen to left wing kooks because tax cuts would be spending, and thus it would be impossible to balance the budget with added spending.

Oh the endless circle of stupidity the left must weave in order to validate their nonsense.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:28 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't they be futile? They have an army of apologists.
Nope, just an army of people who don't want to allow the government to confiscate the property of other just because of the jealousy of those who want it taken.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:28 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You have never paid property taxes in your life. Please stop pretending that you have.

In my case, I had a lease which reduced the rent while requiring me to pay the actual property taxes separately. I asked for this in response to a tax shift which took more money out of my pocket while lining my landlord's pockets. (property tax cut pocketed by my landlord, sales tax increase taken out of my pocket) My landlord was okay with this because property tax creep was no longer a worry.

If you think renters magically escape paying property taxes, why not tax rental property 1000% more? Then homeowners like you wouldn't have to pay property taxes.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Nope, just an army of people who don't want to allow the government to confiscate the property of other just because of the jealousy of those who want it taken.
Continue deflecting. Apologists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I have gone over this a million times with pghquest. Tax-cuts do not grow the economy. One would think the Bush years was ample evidence of this. But no, pghquest just keeps repeating the zombie lie.
Voodoo economics still has a stranglehold on conservatives. They are more ideologically driven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies