Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 09:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Come on people...old habits die hard. The legislation just took full effect last year.

Let's not start screaming from the rooftops just yet. Let's see how things look in 5-8 years.
If it's worse, then what? Why is it people like to see how long it takes the train to wreck, when the collision is ahead?

Losing doctors due to Obamacare is not a rumor!

ObamaCare: When our polling showed four years ago that doctors planned to leave the profession if the Democrats' interpretation of health care reform became law, we were ridiculed mercilessly. But, as a new poll shows, we were right.
In 2009, our IBD/TIPP Poll asked 1,376 randomly chosen practicing physicians from across the country what they thought about the health care "reform" being considered at that time.
It found that 45% of doctors "would consider leaving their practice or taking an early retirement" if Congress passed the plan the White House and the Democratic majority in Congress had in mind.
Our findings couldn't possibly be correct, said the critics.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Deloitte Survey Confirms Controversial IBD ObamaCare-Doctor Poll - Investors.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 09:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I would think Doctors have to be more careful because insurance doesn't mean the person can or will pay the deductible in many of those policy under ACA.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If it's worse, then what? Why is it people like to see how long it takes the train to wreck, when the collision is ahead?

Losing doctors due to Obamacare is not a rumor!

ObamaCare: When our polling showed four years ago that doctors planned to leave the profession if the Democrats' interpretation of health care reform became law, we were ridiculed mercilessly. But, as a new poll shows, we were right.
In 2009, our IBD/TIPP Poll asked 1,376 randomly chosen practicing physicians from across the country what they thought about the health care "reform" being considered at that time.
It found that 45% of doctors "would consider leaving their practice or taking an early retirement" if Congress passed the plan the White House and the Democratic majority in Congress had in mind.
Our findings couldn't possibly be correct, said the critics.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Deloitte Survey Confirms Controversial IBD ObamaCare-Doctor Poll - Investors.com
As long as it's within the spirit of the law, the law can be changed to fix the holes in it. No legislation is guaranteed to work perfectly right out the box

Calm down. Geez. Crybabies.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:10 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Did anyone see this happening?
Unfortunately, some patients who have been uninsured for years don't have regular doctors and are accustomed to using ERs, even though it is much more expensive.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Unfortunately, some patients who have been uninsured for years don't have regular doctors and are accustomed to using ERs, even though it is much more expensive.
Sometimes you're forced to use it. Getting in to see my family doctor is damn near impossible sometimes if I need to see him within a week. Every doctor in this town is like that...and we've got a gazillion doctors. This is Arizona after all.

And like you say...old habits die hard. Everyone is so impatient.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:52 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Does Medicaid cover Urgent Care centers? While they are still pricey, I wonder why more people wouldn't use them in place of the ER if they didn't have a regular doctor or had an issue that couldn't wait. I have not always had a regular doctor but have never had a problem with finding one when I was sick and needed to see one. I can't imagine going to the ER for any issue that was not really and serious.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:39 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
I suspect there is a pervasive concern that Urgent Care centers provide inferior care.

Old 05-08-2015, 04:21 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Firstly we pay through higher premiums and secondly that free care has shifted from the ER to taxpayer backed subsidies.
Did you really think the ERs where not getting tax payer subsides for "free care" patients prior to the ACA? What a neat little bubble you must live in.

Old 05-08-2015, 04:28 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Does Medicaid cover Urgent Care centers? While they are still pricey, I wonder why more people wouldn't use them in place of the ER if they didn't have a regular doctor or had an issue that couldn't wait. I have not always had a regular doctor but have never had a problem with finding one when I was sick and needed to see one. I can't imagine going to the ER for any issue that was not really and serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I suspect there is a pervasive concern that Urgent Care centers provide inferior care.
I think that urgent care centers need to make their presence known and advertise more. And maybe join forces with their local hospital.

I have no idea where my closest urgent care center is.

But having worked in ERs, i don't think the care could be any worse at urgent care for minor issues since the ER has a long wait for that and a lot of attitude from staff for clogging up their ER.

Old 05-08-2015, 04:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As long as it's within the spirit of the law, the law can be changed to fix the holes in it. No legislation is guaranteed to work perfectly right out the box

Calm down. Geez. Crybabies.
The CBO projected that 7 million will lose employer based policies, 4 million will lose private policies, and we arent ever supposed to get below 30 million uninsured while spending $1.7 TRILLION.

This after Democrats told us we needed to insure everyone, and that ACA would generate so much money that costs would fall...

Tell me desert, now that its shown to be a total failure, when exactly do the Democrats plan to "fix" the POS.. cough, I mean "holes".. haha.. haha.. now its "holes".. ooh brother
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies