Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:37 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
An interesting revelation from the MJ legalization currently under way in my state has been how popular pot smoking is among denizens of the left. The Seattle City Attorney celebrated legalization by buying some pot and bringing it to the office.
Seattle's Attorney Pete Holmes Takes Pot To Work, Apologizes (And Smokes)

I guess that there is probably less alcohol consumption on the right due to the number of conservative Christians, but other than that I don't see a difference in right-wing vs. left wing boozing. But there is this huge dichotomy when it comes to marijuana use. No doubt there are some right-wing libertarians who indulge, but in my experience they are mostly ex-users. A local libertarian candidate here said that (paraphrase) 'we are gun-toting economists on drugs.' But like most Libertarians, if he ever used drugs it was probably over 30 years ago.

I asked a liberal/progressive friend who is a non-pot-smoker about this. He immediately agreed that it is far more prevalent on the left. He explained, "we're more relaxed; we're not as uptight as the right."

Why are so many on the left enamoured of smoking the wacky tobacky?
I have never smoked pot, or taken any other drugs, and do not intend to do so.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:40 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,139,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I enjoy the irony of the anti smoking crowd being pro pot.
It's not ironic. The only reason tobacco use soared while marijuana use was so depressed is because vast amounts of disinformation (lies) was sold to the public about tobacco through advertising and legalization and FDA (or whoever) allowances.

If there's any movement I would like you to classify me (and a lot of people I find actually) in, it's the what do all drugs truthfully do to your body.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
I have never smoked pot, or taken any other drugs, and do not intend to do so.
lol, that statement is funny cause your user name looks like one of the alphabet soup designer drugs, like mdppp or something. Not saying you are a user or anything, it's just ironic.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:43 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
Medical experts are finding more medicinal uses for marajuana all the time.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-18-2015 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: off topic trolling

Old 05-11-2015, 10:44 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
It's not ironic. The only reason tobacco use soared while marijuana use was so depressed is because vast amounts of disinformation (lies) was sold to the public about tobacco through advertising and legalization and FDA (or whoever) allowances.

If there's any movement I would like you to classify me (and a lot of people I find actually) in, it's the what do all drugs truthfully do to your body.
I believe this is where 'individualism' really comes into play. What some experience on drugs and alcohol others don't.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:56 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Because they are just as idiotic as any other group that allows themselves to be owned by any addictive product.

With me it's food. Yup addicted food idiot right here. Unfortunately I'm a super taster and my taste buds have a system of raceway cables hard wired right to the pleasure center of my brain.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I believe this is where 'individualism' really comes into play. What some experience on drugs and alcohol others don't.
But there are common trends with drug use. Sure there is variation, but to play it all away to variation means you really can't draw any meaningful results either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Because they are just as idiotic as any other group that allows themselves to be owned by any addictive product.

With me it's food. Yup addicted food idiot right here. Unfortunately I'm a super taster and my taste buds have a system of raceway cables hard wired right to the pleasure center of my brain.
The problem there is you are confusing users and abusers. I'm sure you'd classify people that try meth as idiots, but about only 2 in 10 of those "idiots" are actual retards that get addicted. The rest (and really for most all drugs), the majority, simply move on and don't let it control their lives.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:12 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
[MOD CUT/off topic]

If Marijuana can be legalized, it might help somebody like them.

To me, it is not a freedom thing, it is not even about left vs right, conservative vs liberal.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-18-2015 at 08:21 AM..

Old 05-11-2015, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
[MOD CUT/off topic]

If Marijuana can be legalized, it might help somebody like them.

To me, it is not a freedom thing, it is not even about left vs right, conservative vs liberal.
It's also about alternatives. If they had better options available and knowledgeable to them, they would probably pick a less harmful way like caffeine pills to stay alert and reduce stress.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-18-2015 at 08:21 AM..

Old 05-11-2015, 11:18 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
It's also about alternatives. If they had better options available and knowledgeable to them, they would probably pick a less harmful way like caffeine pills to stay alert and reduce stress.
It might be. But in combat zone, your best friend is Copenhagen® chewing tobacco compare to caffeine pills I suppose.

You said it yourself, it is also about alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies