Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 05:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,287,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Without laws to protect workers, it doesn't matter if you import hispanics or martians.
The corporations are not going to raise wages unless they are FORCED to.
This much should be obvious to anyone.
Bingo. This has nothing to do with illegals.

Corporations have found out that they have a passive American populace that will accept wage stagnation and do absolutely nothing about it.

In fact, they've talked those very same people into believing that they DESERVE low wages and have no rights to ask for more....let alone do something like form or join a union.

This is the only first world nation where a working man will slit the throat of another working man in order to protect a wealthy man. No other working class populace in the world is this dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 05:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,932,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Without laws to protect workers, it doesn't matter if you import hispanics or martians.
The corporations are not going to raise wages unless they are FORCED to.
This much should be obvious to anyone.
What forces corporations to raise wages is scarcity of labor which is a function of supply and demand. Liberal immigration policies expand the supply of labor and exert downward pressure on wages.

No law prevents me from making $7.25 an hour. Yet, I do make a bit more than that. Sorry if I am bragging.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:32 PM

934 posts, read 596,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bingo. This has nothing to do with illegals.

Corporations have found out that they have a passive American populace that will accept wage stagnation and do absolutely nothing about it.

In fact, they've talked those very same people into believing that they DESERVE low wages and have no rights to ask for more....let alone do something like form or join a union.

This is the only first world nation where a working man will slit the throat of another working man in order to protect a wealthy man. No other working class populace in the world is this dumb.
You know why? Because millions of American workers have Joe the plumber syndrome. They have been making $30, 000 a year for the past 4 years but expect to make millions within 5 years

Old 05-19-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
You know why? Because millions of American workers have Joe the plumber syndrome. They have been making $30, 000 a year for the past 4 years but expect to make millions within 5 years
Actually, only a small percentage of Americans ever plan on starting their own business or become a CEO in the next five years. I imagine you knew that. Nice BS talking point though.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Totally agree. I read somewhere that when American falls it will be from within.
Reading Khruschev?

Old 05-19-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've ceased to care at this point.

Why?

Because I'm well educated and so are my kids and extended family. We are largely un-impacted in our wages\employment by lots of cheap immigrant labor and also benefit by having my house painted more cheaply and other labor costs kept down.

When I point this out to people crying about stagnant laborer wages etc. they pooh pooh claiming that millions of off the books laborers can't possibly impact wages which is nothing blind partisan rationalization.

Both parties sold the working class in this country down the river. I've tried to explain this and in particular the democrats refuse to believe this is possible. Then again, they're the same idiots that don't grasp that Clinton, Biden, Kerry etc. all helped push NAFTA through and think it was just the republicans. I give up trying, if people are that stupid let them make crap wages.
I somewhat agree with this. One of the things liberals frequently bring up is stagnating wages, particularly in the lower quintile. They tend to blame the wealthy and Republicans for this when they are the ones expanding the labor supply simply for political gain.

Last edited by whogo; 05-19-2015 at 05:58 PM..

Old 05-19-2015, 06:01 PM

934 posts, read 596,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually, only a small percentage of Americans ever plan on starting their own business or become a CEO in the next five years. I imagine you knew that. Nice BS talking point though.
Who said anything about being a ceo or starting a company??? Polls.show that 1 out of 3 Americans expect to be rich.

Did Joe the plumber become a millionaire yet??

Old 05-19-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Who said anything about being a ceo or starting a company??? Polls.show that 1 out of 3 Americans expect to be rich.
Within 5 years? You are lowering the bar already. Even if I become rich lower wages for American workers thanks to the actions of liberals artificially increasing the labor supply will still continue.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:09 PM

10,836 posts, read 14,964,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
But importing poverty enhances the Democrat/liberal voter base. It's a great strategy, for the Democrats, of course!

What I don't understand is why the Democrat voters are just so blind. Importing poverty means less welfare for them. How can they still support the Democrat/Liberal?

I guess it takes a liberal to be a liberal.

That is exactly what it is all about.

What's hilarious about all this is the end result will hurt those that have mindlessly supported the democratic party since the days of LBJ and is something I have personally seen happening here in the south in a very, very big way.

An ever increasing number of Hispanics are moving to Georgia and to give you an idea of the of the impact in 2005 63.1% of population of Echols County was non-Hispanic whites, 27.3% Hispanics, 8.8% African-Americans and 1.0% Native Americans.

In 2013 the official census estimate is 29.0% while blacks dropped to 5.3%.

But many people believe the 2013 figures are nowhere near right and today there is reason to believe Echols County is near 50% Hispanic. I have every reason to believe that 50% figure is accurate.

But it is working good from a construction standpoint because you can yell, scream, holler and bawl all you want but Hispanics work better and are more reliable workers in construction. Companies can not be accused of racism when they hire Hispanics only.

I see it every day. Three weeks ago I was on a motel project having maybe 40 workers of various trades. I deliberately took a census a solid 70% of the workers were Hispanic and not a single black person in a county having a black population of over 40%. Note a single black person and I looked for one.

Think of me whatever you want but I am just stating what I saw and you could see too by driving by any commercial construction site.

Reminds me of the movie Animal House with John Belushi where the fraternity house was welcoming new recruits with a paddle whereupon the recruit would say "Thank you sir, may I have another" after every swift swat. Black people are getting beat to death by Obama and his policies yet they will support him to the very bitter end. Welp, it's a free country and they can have it their way because personally I don't care.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:25 PM

18,473 posts, read 7,124,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What forces corporations to raise wages is scarcity of labor which is a function of supply and demand. Liberal immigration policies expand the supply of labor and exert downward pressure on wages.

No law prevents me from making $7.25 an hour. Yet, I do make a bit more than that. Sorry if I am bragging.
Correct.

The more people there are who share your occupation in a given area, the lower the wages will be for that occupation because more people are competing for the same job.

That's one of the reasons that I can make an above average salery for someone without a degree......I picked a skill to learn that has more demand for people who are highly skilled at it than there are people who can do the job.

But if you have little or no skills, wages will always be low because there's a lot more unskilled people than skilled people. And with the number of illegal laborers we open our doors to, there will always be someone else who's willing to do the job for less than you.

And raising minimum wage does no good because it will still be minimum wage.....

Rinse and repeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies