Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 07:47 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Politicians and media have done an excellent job of blaming the illegals instead of or ignoring the root cause- employment of undocumented workers. You don't hear most politicians demanding a serious crackdown on those who profit from the employment of undocumented workers. Why is this?

Advocates of small government seem to have no issue with expanding government with building and maintaining fences and increasing border patrol by 20,000. What a swell way for a state government to take credit for incremental job creation and do so on the federal dime. Why has Texas not mandated e- Verify of all workers? Is it possible too many Texans make too much money off the backs of undocumented workers? Same deal in California.
Because enforcing immigration laws is the responsibility of the federal government!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 07:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
That is exactly what it is all about.

What's hilarious about all this is the end result will hurt those that have mindlessly supported the democratic party since the days of LBJ and is something I have personally seen happening here in the south in a very, very big way.

An ever increasing number of Hispanics are moving to Georgia and to give you an idea of the of the impact in 2005 63.1% of population of Echols County was non-Hispanic whites, 27.3% Hispanics, 8.8% African-Americans and 1.0% Native Americans.

In 2013 the official census estimate is 29.0% while blacks dropped to 5.3%.

But many people believe the 2013 figures are nowhere near right and today there is reason to believe Echols County is near 50% Hispanic. I have every reason to believe that 50% figure is accurate.

But it is working good from a construction standpoint because you can yell, scream, holler and bawl all you want but Hispanics work better and are more reliable workers in construction. Companies can not be accused of racism when they hire Hispanics only.

I see it every day. Three weeks ago I was on a motel project having maybe 40 workers of various trades. I deliberately took a census a solid 70% of the workers were Hispanic and not a single black person in a county having a black population of over 40%. Note a single black person and I looked for one.

Think of me whatever you want but I am just stating what I saw and you could see too by driving by any commercial construction site.

Reminds me of the movie Animal House with John Belushi where the fraternity house was welcoming new recruits with a paddle whereupon the recruit would say "Thank you sir, may I have another" after every swift swat. Black people are getting beat to death by Obama and his policies yet they will support him to the very bitter end. Welp, it's a free country and they can have it their way because personally I don't care.
I believe Ga passed a law in 2007 to require all employers to use e- Verify. Sounds like many ignore this state law and the state turns a blind eye.

Or perhaps the people you observe are legally able to work.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The nation is turning Hispanic. Hispanics, on average, have lower education levels and lower paying jobs.
The demographics is changing America.

Just look to the South American countries to see what our future will be.
Most immigrants were uneducated and performed in lower paying jobs.

The demographics in the U.S. have been changing all along, not a bad thing.

The wealthiest man in the world is Mexican.

Maybe it's time for a road trip out of Texas?

Old 05-20-2015, 08:27 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nowhere in my post did I say that I hire illegals. However, I do note that their presence makes everything cheaper for me that requires labor. That means house painting, meat (you know whom works at meat packing plants?) and even industries where they are not employed merely by their impact on the labor pool.

Even if I were to stringently know that everyone that I buy products or services from has no illegals....they still impact the prices I pay for those services.

So, before you call me greedy and clueless, maybe think a little harder next time?
How does their presence here make things cheaper for you? Those who hire them merely pocket the profits and pass little to nothing on to the consumer but pass their social costs on to we the taxpayer. It's not just about the above it is about the rule of law and the soveringty of our nation's borders or does that mean nothing to you? They reduce wages and deplete job opportunities for Americans. Again, does that mean nothing to you? You're the one that isn't thinking.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Because enforcing immigration laws is the responsibility of the federal government!
Right now e-verify is a state issue.

The bipartisan Senate bill, that went no place fast, called for e-Verify to become federal law.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:38 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Well it is City-Data so of course it's going to be racist. The issue isn't "low education" but rather income opportunities available to those of various races. The US prides itself as being a Equal Opportunity nation when it comes to incomes but notice they will hire Hispanics for lower wages or under pay Illegals if they can get away with it.
Notice how they can't do that to blacks anymore since they have had Civil Rights legislation since the 1960's.
Capitalism at it's finest exploiting the worker.
If I were a mod I'd be addressing your remark that City-Data is racist. Moving on, I surmise that the topic heading is a bit misleading because legal/citizen Hispanics would be getting the same wage as any other race or ethnic group in this country. Why wouldn't they? So it appears that it is the illegal alien type of Hispanic that is actually being discussed here and they are the uneducated, unskilled and poor and getting paid less which is why the employers hire them. How is this a benefit to our citizens or legal immigrants? It's reduces their wages, decreases job opportunities for them and raises our taxes supplementing their social costs. It's a recipe for disaster for the future. We will have a two classed system the poor and the elite. The middle class will be wiped out.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You are correct here. There was a time when you were suppose to call these businesses in....(like it's our job) they ignore this and say nothing can be done. Plus, e-verify is a joke if you have ever tried to use it.

Jobs once filled by high school students and older adults have now been replaced by non-Americans or people brought here to make our lives easier.....
E-Verify has been around for almost 20 years. For the most part it's voluntary. Only 4 states have made it mandatory for all workers. Many large corporations independently use e- Verify as a part of the background check.

Biometrics, pictures, fingerprints and iris scans could make it near fool- proof. Easy enough to track inbound and outbound immigrants. Not a bad idea on many fronts.

What's required is a majority in Congress to make it the law of the land.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:13 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
E-Verify has been around for almost 20 years. For the most part it's voluntary. Only 4 states have made it mandatory for all workers. Many large corporations independently use e- Verify as a part of the background check.

Biometrics, pictures, fingerprints and iris scans could make it near fool- proof. Easy enough to track inbound and outbound immigrants. Not a bad idea on many fronts.

What's required is a majority in Congress to make it the law of the land.
I have used it for my small-business.....it doesn't work. Do you know a company that has personally used it? Or are you just going by the honesty of people who use illegals that e-verify works.

The program kicks you off! One time, I was told to recheck the social security# the person claimed it was his, so e-verify went with it. I was also told I will be held liable if they are working illegally......excuse me! I just used a government program that should know better than I, if their illegal. I didn't hire the guy......

From 2010....not much has changed. Businesses can say one thing and hide many employees who they pay like slave workers.....it's a disgrace we ask people to work for much less, than we give welfare recipients capable of working.

Epic Fail: E-Verify Employer Immigration Check Doesn’t Work

Old 05-20-2015, 10:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Most immigrants were uneducated and performed in lower paying jobs.

The demographics in the U.S. have been changing all along, not a bad thing.

The wealthiest man in the world is Mexican.

Maybe it's time for a road trip out of Texas?
Take a look at PISA scores as an indicator of the changing demographics.
The declining scores, both nationally and internationally is a reflection of the changing demographics.

Most of South America is a 2 class system..the wealthy and the workers.

That is what is slowly happening in America..a change to a 2 class system only everyone will be called "middle class".
Why they have even defined people on welfare as the "struggling middle class".

Old 05-20-2015, 10:27 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How does their presence here make things cheaper for you? Those who hire them merely pocket the profits and pass little to nothing on to the consumer.
False, for two reasons.

1) these companies compete with other companies hiring illegals.

2) there are many, such as myself, that hire illegal directly for home repairs and lawn service

Last edited by whogo; 05-20-2015 at 10:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies