Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 09:17 AM

774 posts, read 745,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Would you at least conclude that Josh was behaving in a sexually deviant manner? It is normal for a 14-year old boy to have sexual urges and curiosity and the female body. It IS not normal to act on those urges with one's SISTERS! I have 3 brothers, and I can assure you that nothing like that ever took place in our house, neither have I EVER met a woman who said a brother had touched her inappropriately. If this were common, I think I would have known/heard of at least one person who had experienced it.

So call him what you want: deviant, pervert, pedophile. What he did is not normal.
I already stated clearly in an earlier post that what he did was wrong and disgusting. I at no time suggested it was common or normal. What I am pointing out is that at the end of the day, true pedophiles can't be "cured". Those interviews were done 2-3 years after the abuse occurred and in each one, the interviewees stated that it had never happened again. I'm inclined to believe that whoever Jim Bob shipped the boy off to beat the **** out of him on a daily basis and instilled the fear of God into him. If anyone comes forward with anything since these incidents, I will gladly apologize and depending on the age of the new victim, will dub him pedophile or pervert whichever is appropriate. K?

Old 05-22-2015, 09:17 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Let me get this straight: shaming perpetrators and the people who protect them is what stops victims from reporting? That's some ****ed up logic on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
So unhelpful.

No one is saying it's NORMAL. Some of us are saying IT'S COMMON. TOO COMMON.

Not saying it's OKAY because it happens. SAYING IT HAPPENS MUCH MORE THAN REPORTED.

This unhelpful shaming response is one reason it's not reported. It's bad enough as it is, much less trying to get across to people with an agenda that it happens and needs to be addressed!!!

Old 05-22-2015, 09:18 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
I've never watched the show and could really care less as to how many kids they have or whatever, but I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of people in jubilation this has occurred.

I think it's kind of despicable so many of you seem so happy this happened. Obviously, it's not even in the same universe in terms of the horrendous acts carried out by this pervert who molested his sisters, but I still find it pretty bad that so many seem to rejoice that it happened.

804 posts, read 1,076,431 times
Sorry but the parents are just as guilty as josh for not reporting it and handling it how they did.

Grab a bowl of popcorn and a coke along with a comfy chair its only going to get more interesting from here on out. lol

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Would you at least conclude that Josh was behaving in a sexually deviant manner? It is normal for a 14-year old boy to have sexual urges and curiosity and the female body. It IS not normal to act on those urges with one's SISTERS! I have 3 brothers, and I can assure you that nothing like that ever took place in our house, neither have I EVER met a woman who said a brother had touched her inappropriately. If this were common, I think I would have known/heard of at least one person who had experienced it.

So call him what you want: deviant, pervert, pedophile. What he did is not normal.
They probably had him convinced that masturbation (which is 100% normal for a 14 year old boy) would send him to hell, so he was seeking another outlet.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:22 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I've never watched the show and could really care less as to how many kids they have or whatever, but I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of people in jubilation this has occurred.

I think it's kind of despicable so many of you seem so happy this happened. Obviously, it's not even in the same universe in terms of the horrendous acts carried out by this pervert who molested his sisters, but I still find it pretty bad that so many seem to rejoice that it happened.
As a gay married man with children, I'm happy that their sick hypocrisy has been exposed. I'm sick of organizations like the Family Research Council (a Hate group Josh worked for) pointing fingers at gay men and spreading likes that we're all disease-ridden predators when one of their own is the SEXUAL PREDATOR. Those of us who pay attention know that these anti-gay religious nuts are the ones with the sexual problems.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:22 AM

625 posts, read 624,603 times
Quote:
You are being ridiculous. Of course no one just blurts out something like that to an acquaintance over coffee.

I have had many close friends who have shared difficult experiences with me, such as rape, serious mental illness in their family, physical abuse. But I've never heard of a brother fondling a sister. I have no doubt that it happens. But I contend it is not so common, and definitely not NORMAL, to the point that anyone should view it lightly!
No, I'm not being ridiculous. You are naive. Even if your close friends have shared life experiences with you do you seriously believe a friend would share THAT? If so, you have no true comprehension of the shame that a victim of a sexual crime feels.

Things go on in families you'd NEVER imagine: in rich families, poor families, all races, all backgrounds, divorced, intact, blended, doesn't matter. But what I can tell you is that very few of this situations get discussed. No one just brings it up to a friend, even a close friend, and very few end up getting charged & going to court.

No one said it was NORMAL. No one said it should be viewed LIGHTLY. (not sure where you are getting any of this from).

My point is/has been that this goes on in homes & families, yes, in perfect beautiful American homes, all the time. Not just in the Duggar house. It is wrong every time it occurs. It is not normal every time it occurs. And should NEVER be taken lightly.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:25 AM

625 posts, read 624,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

This is one of the best comments!

It is disturbing that so many are rejoicing in the pain of this family.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:25 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Josh confessed to his parents; they took immediate action and received counseling; and reported it to the police. What more does society want? If society is so hard that it continues to throw stones even after a person is remorseful, gets treatment, and does a 180. . . they are sending the message there's no sense in anyone changing for the better because society will continue to tar and feather that individual for the rest of their lives.

Am definitely not condoning his actions; yet I applaud Josh and his parents for taking the proper steps to remedy the situation and ensure it never happens again.
Oh for gods sake, you can't even be serious. Let's hope you or your kids are never molested by some POS like this. I'd love to hear your justification & forgiveness...."Well, he said he was sorry. That's all I need".

Old 05-22-2015, 09:27 AM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Anna said she knew about this before she married Josh. I wonder if the married daughters (if they were victims) told their prospective husbands they had been molested before they got married, since that might have an effect upon how they relate to men?
I kind of understand why Jim Bob didn't go to the police until he was forced to. It would not be normal to get the police involved in a family matter like this. I wouldn't have either.
Your own daughter is sexually molested and you wouldn't go to the police? I am sorry but that is messed up. What other crimes would you cover up and treat as a family matter? Would you help your child bury a body and keep quiet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies