Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2015, 06:33 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,641,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
[
I suspect there are other skeletons in the closet, which we all have. But if you are going to point fingers at others its so much worse when your own secrets come out.
You'd never find a skeleton in my closet that says child molester on it! I'm pretty open about everything I've ever done in my life. Can't say I've ever molested anyone though.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
For clarification: As far as we know Josh Duggar has not been a "repeat offender" as an adult. We know the offense was "inappropriate touching" of the genitals while the girls were sleeping. Whether it was penile/vaginal contact or manual contact of the genitals is unknown. As far as we know the interventions taken by the parents put a stop to the behavior. We also know that Josh Duggar has admitted the transgressions, issued a statement of apology and taken full responsibility for his actions. I think it very likely that the children of such sheltered upbringings are very unsophisticated and their knowledge of the world and adult relationships lags far behind that of the average 14-15 year old not raised in such a restrictive environment.

While I think the Duggars are very weird I do not think of them as "white trash". They may be strange but they are not welfare leeches (as are most of the FLDS second and subsequent wives and their families). Nor do they derive their income from deceitful "cons", as is part and parcel of traveler and gypsy culture. Here is where real "white trash" is to be found.
Oh well, hey, at least they don't get food stamps and none of them are gay (that we know of).

It's all good! Just one great, big happy family.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:35 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,333,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
It gets worse. Jill chose the apprenticeship path to become a midwife, but the midwife who supervised her apprenticeship lost her license in Arkansas due to negligence. So, in all likelihood, all of the hours Jill Clocked in are null and void. She's no closer to being licensed than she was 3 years ago.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
For clarification: As far as we know Josh Duggar has not been a "repeat offender" as an adult. We know the offense was "inappropriate touching" of the genitals while the girls were sleeping. Whether it was penile/vaginal contact or manual contact of the genitals is unknown. As far as we know the interventions taken by the parents put a stop to the behavior. We also know that Josh Duggar has admitted the transgressions, issued a statement of apology and taken full responsibility for his actions. I think it very likely that the children of such sheltered upbringings are very unsophisticated and their knowledge of the world and adult relationships lags far behind that of the average 14-15 year old not raised in such a restrictive environment.
Please read the police report...it's 20+ pages long and online. It was beyond inappropriate touching. He fingered one of his sisters who was 4-5 years old! It all did NOT occur while they were sleeping. He did not stop after his parents found out about the first time. He admitted to doing this 5 times. His parents did NOTHING about it. Seriously, read the police report. It's appalling!

Old 05-26-2015, 06:36 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,333,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Oh, it's political correctness, all right.
No it isn't.

People with mental health and physical health issues are not messed up anymore than those with mental disabilities are retarded.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:04 PM

774 posts, read 746,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
In the quiverfull cult - it is the man who makes ALL decisions and controls every aspect of family life. I'm not saying Michelle is not cray but according to her sect - she MUST defer to her husband in everything.
You completely missed my point. I believe that Michelle is not crazy or brain-washed by some cult. I believe that Michelle has positioned herself exactly the way she wants to live her life. I do not believe that Jim Bob married Michelle and handed her a document stating what was expected of her. I believe that she fully and with complete awareness chose the life style they are living. It's also my understanding that the Duggars do not belong to any specific organized church but have taken bits and pieces from various extreme Christian religions and made their own way including Quiverful.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:10 PM

774 posts, read 746,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
It was an arranged marriage, the father of the girl decides if the guy is allowed to marry his daughter and the courtship/engagement/marriage is worked out between the two fathers. The guys that have married the Duggar daughters explained that they had to develop a relationship with Jim Bob and his sons before they were allowed to even speak to the girl they were interested in dating.

Anna's family is very poor and was housing their large quiverfull brood in a trailer. Getting a seat on the Duggar money train was like hitting the white trash lotto for them. Large paychecks and fame have a way of making people look the other way on things like sexual assault. Sad but true.

There is a difference between an arranged marriage and what the Duggars do. In an arranged marriage, at least one party and often both have no say in marrying the person. The Duggar girls are allowed to reject potential suitors. Granted they aren't allowed to find them on their own but neither Josh nor his married sisters were forced into their marriages.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:28 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,450,639 times
Have you read JB Duggar's position on incest when he was running for Senate in 2002? Interesting date to make this statement. I wonder if anyone knows the month?

Third paragraph, "Rape and incest represent heinous crimes and as such should be treated as capital crimes."

'19 Kids': Josh Duggar's Politico Dad Advocated Death for Rapists - NBC News

MSR

Old 05-26-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Have you read JB Duggar's position on incest when he was running for Senate in 2002? Interesting date to make this statement. I wonder if anyone knows the month?

Third paragraph, "Rape and incest represent heinous crimes and as such should be treated as capital crimes."

'19 Kids': Josh Duggar's Politico Dad Advocated Death for Rapists - NBC News

MSR
He was running for office. Clearly, he was talking about everyone but his own family. They're exempt, don't you know?

Old 05-26-2015, 07:51 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,420,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Please read the police report...it's 20+ pages long and online. It was beyond inappropriate touching. He fingered one of his sisters who was 4-5 years old! It all did NOT occur while they were sleeping. He did not stop after his parents found out about the first time. He admitted to doing this 5 times. His parents did NOTHING about it. Seriously, read the police report. It's appalling!
No, I did not read the police report. Almost all of what I know about this is what I have read on this forum and I admit I have not read all 69 pages. (And this is just one thread.)

The parents "did nothing about it"? I have read post after post faulting the parents for the way they did handle it. So which is it? The parents "did nothing" or the parents mishandled it? He stopped the abusive behavior or he didn't stop? Did Josh Duggar admit the past abuse to his wife-to-be before they married or did he try to hide it? Has he publicly expressed remorse or is he blowing it off as a "youthful indiscretion"? Lena Dunham bragged that she sexually abused her litte sister and all we get is a big yawn. (I found one 8 page thread on CD about Lena Dunham.) The threads and posts about Josh Duggar are endless.

Sexual abuse of a child is inexcusable and sibling sexual abuse is all-too-common. This happened a decade ago--sufficient time for all parties involved to have dealt with it. To have this revealed now to a salacious public can only cause even greater damage and will bring no good to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies