Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 10:18 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,047,177 times

Advertisements

I guess I'm missing the point, pro violins are worth upwards of $20,000. It's sad all those people died, but if you were on that train and they lost your 20-40 thousand dollar instrument wouldn't you do something about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 10:20 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Their instrument to a musician is far more important then worrying about being "sensitive" about getting it back. There is nothing Liberal or Conservative about her needing to have her violin back in her hands.
Yes, it is her livelihood and they can get the violin without disturbing the people who are injured and they ain't gonna disturb the dead.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:16 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
She tweeted about her lost violin within minutes after the train derailed. She couldn't have known that people had died. All she knew was that Amtrak wouldn't return her violin, and as far as I know still has not. Professional violinists spend years to find their instrument,

While I apologize for having posted a video of a different Jennifer Kim, in no wise do I regret it. The Jennifer Kim in post #1 is an artist, and I cannot in honesty regret having disseminated such beautiful artistry.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Well, any thread where I can induce two liberals to play their ever-favorite card of 'call them racists' is a thread success as far as I am concerned

BTW, note that I never mentioned the race of any of the violinists in any of my posts. Only liberals see everything through a racial prism.
You didn't mention any race, but you did post the wrong Asian girl and tried to pawn it off as being the one you were talking about as if one wouldn't be able to tell the difference. So when do you plan on apologizing for your blatant error or are you gonna continue to pretend like you didn't make a mistake?

Old 05-27-2015, 12:37 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You're right this is the Jennifer Kim from Minnesota, playing w/ grace and precision. Jennifer Kim from DC sill deserves credit for opening our eyes to the world of Jennifer Kims, the way I see it.
So, in the "world of Jennifer Kims" you opened your eyes and saw reason to make yet another baseless attack on the left, eh?

Old 05-27-2015, 12:40 PM

934 posts, read 595,154 times
Will the real slim Jenny please stand up

Old 05-27-2015, 12:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You didn't mention any race, but you did post the wrong Asian girl and tried to pawn it off as being the one you were talking about as if one wouldn't be able to tell the difference. So when do you plan on apologizing for your blatant error or are you gonna continue to pretend like you didn't make a mistake?
Why apologize for an honest mistake? Get off your high horse.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why apologize for an honest mistake? Get off your high horse.
Because you acted like this was the fault if liberals, let me know when you are done with your baseless attacks and false use of a video about the wrong person.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:47 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:

They have the same name. Really. Who knew that there was more than one professional violinist in America named Jennifer Kim?

Old 05-27-2015, 09:51 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Try reading post #53......

Think we should keep all posters in mind who refuse to see a mistake.

Just make sure you don't make one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies