Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 03:44 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Most Muslims do not follow Muhammad/Quran, that's why most are not "extremists" fortunately
Got it. Personally I am sick of this defense..."Most Muslims are not extremist" yada yada yada...so therefore we must ignore the growing threat of those beheading Christians....got it.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:49 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Got it. Personally I am sick of this defense..."Most Muslims are not extremist" yada yada yada...so therefore we must ignore the growing threat of those beheading Christians....got it.
No one is suggesting that.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
As soon as I heard of this I knew it would get the wingnuts foamin' and frothin'…...

Old 06-04-2015, 03:54 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I often thought to myself, how easy is it to reduce a human being to a simple deviant label to excuse one’s wrongful actions. These labels exist to dehumanize people and justify oppression including rape. If the woman is a **** she is no longer warranted respect, dignity, and according to many people deserves to be raped.

An innocent 18 year old Catholic school girl shouldn't be raped, but a town ***** perhaps asks for it. That is the classic victim blaming mentality. Another reason why victim blaming needs to stop. Crimes against humanity have often been blamed on the victims.

Geller is a piece of work, an opportunist, a hater perhaps. But does she deserve to be killed?!

I don't know if Muslim religion has been hijacked or what not, I would like to believe yes, it has been. But maybe terrorism is a global political movement shouldn't be ignored. The problem is that we cannot talk about it, because anybody who discuss it would be labeled as Islamophobic.
On the flip side, if you dare say that not all Muslims are extremist twits like these losers, you are chastised, publicly, for "siding with the extremists".

Until people get a damn clue, there can't be an honest discussion.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:57 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
I am glad that Pam Geller raised this important point that there are radical Islamic terrorists in the US, who knew.Now we can get on with the business of finding them because prior to her protests the FBI, Homeland Security and the CIA were totally unaware, never even mentioned in the media, thank you Pam Geller

Old 06-04-2015, 04:40 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
On the flip side, if you dare say that not all Muslims are extremist twits like these losers, you are chastised, publicly, for "siding with the extremists".

Until people get a damn clue, there can't be an honest discussion.
There cannot be an honest discussion because the world is full of dishonest people.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:42 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
The goat humpers seem to be doing a pretty poor job of killing her.
Please be more respectful. The proper term is bovid ruminant raconteur.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:44 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Of course we can talk about it.

Unfortunately, many here can't process extremism within a religion.

ALL BAD or ALL GOOD seems to be the limit of comparative religions here.

Given the numbers, the 'ALL BAD' approach is suicide.

The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections, 2010-2050
These are projections, and projections are generally wrong... well, not generally, always.

If anyone truly believes that the world population will become 75% Muslim in just 35 years; I have a bridge for sale.

Maybe the growth of the religion supports these trajectories, but the actual metrics of such growth are unsubstantiated. Most of Europe, most of North America, and virtually all of central and south America will remain Catholic/Christian.

That is unless of course millions of Christians and Jews start being persecuted and beheaded, while those who aren't religious (or of different religions) stand by (out of ignorance) and allow it to happen.

It's not like it's never been done before.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:50 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by MX City visiting
Most Muslims do not follow Muhammad/Quran, that's why most are not "extremists" fortunately
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I agree with you. The excuse that most are good, while turning their heads, is almost as bad as actually being extreme.

The thing about being moderate is having the fortitude to fight against any and all extremes that attempt to usurp the freedom of everyone. Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Gowon, three generations of Sung's, Tojo...etc. All extremists, all with the blood of millions on their hands.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:57 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I can ONLY speak about my own experiences. My family owns several retail shops in the shopping malls. I see Muslim EVERY SINGLE DAY. MANY MANY MANY of them. Many of these women are in full burka. They've never created any problems, no one has ever discriminated against them either. Let's be completely honest.

The Los Angeles Police Department's bomb squad has been called to the Sherman Oaks Westfield Fashion Square Mall after reports of a suspicious package.
Management evacuated the mall after the threat was reported around 3:23 p.m. Thursday. That is in year 2011.

After that incidence, no problem.

As a retailer, each store has to have at least two managers who receive mandatory anti-terrorism training . It is a bit inconvenient, but it is useful I guess. Other than that, my life has been the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies