Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 11:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Are you planning to stop voting? Cause the R's don't care about anthing BUT the .01%
Oh give it a break lol.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the majority of our politicians say it is good. so whats your point ? other than they hyperbole mentioned in the previous comment ????
Hey I don't care, I don't need a job.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:43 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
As a group, blacks aren't about to switch away from the Dem Party as that's who is providing them with welfare checks and food stamps. And they are not about to question their overwhelming support for a half white and half black President that sold himself to blacks as a black even though blacks have fared worse under Obama than any President since Jefferson Davis. A few intelligent and motivated blacks have already realized their allegiance to the Dems have done more harm than good to the black community but don't expect that number to ever exceed 10%

Old 06-10-2015, 07:55 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What was that quote LBJ said 60 years ago when he bought their vote ?

Only 140 more years to go.
Yep, seems to have worked well.

Quote:
there are multiple versions of that quote, people who hate democrats just choose to only repeat one version of that quote.
If you'd like to defend a racist quote, go for it. The excuses should be interesting.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:27 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,557 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

If you'd like to defend a racist quote, go for it. The excuses should be interesting.
Racism is a belief that one race is inferior to another, so by definition, the version of the quote conservatives like to repeat isnt racism. And the version that Democrats repeat has nothing to do with black people, but white people in the South hating Democrats for treating black people like regular people.

I honestly dont care which quote you believe is true, but to pretend as if one is a settled fact is naive and argumentative. But if you want to go there, there is more proof that he said the Democratic version than there is the Republican one.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Racism is a belief that one race is inferior to another,
Democrats tell the world blacks are inferior all the time. Take voter ID for example, democrats claim it's too hard for you to register like every other American can.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Most of the rhetoric over blacks being disillusioned with the democratic party is a smoke screen. This issue gets airspace because the GOP leadership needs to remind a certain faction of the Republican Party that the Democratic Party is the party of black folks. They are not trying to get blacks to vote Republican. I think those "Rednecks for Obama " bumper stickers sent chills up their spine.
Bingo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It's not that I expect them to switch parties. I hope that they start holding their own party accountable. This isn't about which party is better or worse because they both are in the chitter. Democrat's lie and ensalve their people with money for votes in addition to lining the pockets of their friends. We won't even get into bringing illegals in over their minority voters. Conservatives lie and throw their voters under the bus to feed their corporate buddies while offshoring jobs.

Not much to pick from..
Yeah...you have so much concern about us poor little black folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Democrats tell the world blacks are inferior all the time. Take voter ID for example, democrats claim it's too hard for you to register like every other American can.
You believed it anyway long before you ever thought you heard a Democrat suggest it.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:40 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We're Democrats. We'll remain Democrats.

Whatever dissatisfaction we have with Obama, we have tens times as much with Conservative Republicans.

So, don't go getting your hopes up.

Oh..last thing...quit hoping that we'll stop voting.
They keep trotting this stuff out I don't get it. I mean I found the article well written and interesting but how anyone can conclude that blacks will stop voting Dem from it is beyond me.

I think it's pathetic that black people vote for one party to the tune of >95% but that's the reality, Obama or not.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:41 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
That actually infuriates me like no other. Basically the argument is that blacks are too dumb, too outside the mainstream to be expected to get an ID. I got a state ID when I was 15. It's not that difficult.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:44 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
As a black, Jewish, retired cop, I left the dems long ago. The republicans often disappoint but the dems used our people long enough. No more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies