Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 08:24 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Actually I posted an account from a resident that was in line with this one in the now closed thread, but it certainly deserves it own thread. Yes, the problem was the teenagers, not the cops. We should be focusing on them and their unacceptable (possibly illegal in some cases) behavior, not the cops.
yes, indeed, all this does is to give unruly teens an excuse to break the law, to go where they are not wanted.

I had a party once as a kid, and kids started showing up from all over they place, who were not invited, and they were asked to leave, fortunately they did....I was young once, and believe it or not, know what can happen and how quickly kids can get out of hand, even the best kids....when people are in large groups, it is difficult to contain them.

large groups, no matter who they are, get real hostile awful quick....especially if they've been drinking and smoking pot.

bottom line is, these kids were not invited period....end of story and the cop, poor guy, did everything he could. Oh and as far as him pulling out his gun, if several kids were walking up behind me, like that, I'd pull a gun to, so you can be glad I'm not a cop.

When my son was this age, I said to him, "if you ever do something wrong enough, to get arrested, you get one phone call, DON'T call me...." End of story...

if that were my daughter, I'd ground her, for giving that cop a hard time....and those boys were my kids, for trying to intervene with the officer, I'd hate to tell you, but they wouldn't be able to sit for a while....they could have gotten themselves shot....they are very lucky....

and all of this happened b/c parents do not teach their kids to behave....and follow instruction and rules. Period.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Talk about American Ignorance, we watch a video, only a few second video I might add, and then imagine the rest and judge without full knowledge of what was going on.....well, here is is straight from a neighbor who was there at the pool party....

And it goes to show, we judge right away without any information, then ask questions later....

These were kids....this is not a black or white issue....period....and this has to stop....

Jeff Lawrence PLEASE HELP! That (now viral) video of the officer in McKinney subduing a girl in a bathing suit was in OUR neighborhood. The situation was NOT what is being reported…

A DJ setup in a public space next to the private pool in our neighborhood on Friday and played loud explicit (F-bomb) music for multiple hours (it is unclear if he was invited by a resident as no one has claimed responsibility). The teenagers (both black and white) were being brought into our neighborhood by the carload because the DJ was tweeting out invites to a “pool party” for $15 (obviously unauthorized by our neighborhood). The teens began fighting with each other and pushing their way into our private pool. Some were jumping our fence. The security guard was accosted when he tried to stop the beginnings of this mob scene. Some residents who live around the park/pool area tried to come out and settle things down. The teens started yelling racial slurs at our neighbors and started assaulting people and property (throwing bottles at cars and attacking a mother at the pool with 3 young children). The first officer on the scene was by himself. At that time, the party had grown to a large, aggressive crowd. As the officer arrived, many teens started running through our neighborhood. Many of the teens were being very aggressive and yelling at the officers as more arrived.

This was a very dangerous situation for the officers AND the teens/residents not involved. The news media has refused to hear the neighborhood’s side of this story. The video being distributed is only a very small segment of what happened. This information being distributed by the media and others is extremely distorted and in some cases outright lies.

PLEASE HELP US STOP THE BROADCASTING OF THIS IGNORANCE. The media is trying to make it look like our neighborhood is a white’s only, racist area. Anyone who has spent even a few minutes in our area knows this is an outright LIE.
Even the video showed the kids running around and away from the cops, which they should not do, but how does that justify the overreaction of that one officer? All the other officer acted in professional manner.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:30 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
well, frankly, I like my story better....
Some people like to support sexual perversion...understood.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
jeez...jump to conclusions much? Sexually assaulted? Why, because she was in a bikini?

She's damn lucky he didn't taz her as$ for not following orders.

When are people going to learn that things would go a lot smoother if you just followed a cops instructions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Sexually assaulting her? Get real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
As your own post demonstrates to the extreme. Sexual assault? What kind of drivel will you come up with next?
Yes, sexual assault. The girl was following orders, but he chose to pull her out of the group...pull her by her hair and push his nasty body parts on her.

Others have pointed this out.

STOP SUPPORTING SEXUAL PERVERSION.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Even the video showed the kids running around and away from the cops, which they should not do, but how does that justify the overreaction of that one officer? All the other officer acted in professional manner.
It wasn't an over reaction, if she'd have not resisted, she would be fine....but she resisted....and it took him a while to get her handcuffed. There were also other kids there who didn't resist, who listened and sat right down.

In this world today, b/c parents fear spanking their kids, if they see a video like this, right away they think, OMG!!!!! It's a kid...well, I mean to tell you, have you ever seen girls who are kids beat up on each other...isn't a pretty site....I don't care if she's a kid, if she'd have listened, she wouldn't have been physically forced to be handcuffed....

That wasn't an over reaction, and again, you don't believe me, then prove me wrong and do a ride along with your locals police one time on the night shift!

Cops wouldn't have such a hard time today if kids were raised differently....

Old 06-10-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Some people like to support sexual perversion...understood.
like I said, I like my story better! No ones supporting sexual perversion....and believe you me, I am not the one you want to get started on sexual perversion....where in the video was he sexually assulting her....

Old 06-10-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
It wasn't an over reaction, if she'd have not resisted, she would be fine....but she resisted....and it took him a while to get her handcuffed. There were also other kids there who didn't resist, who listened and sat right down.

In this world today, b/c parents fear spanking their kids, if they see a video like this, right away they think, OMG!!!!! It's a kid...well, I mean to tell you, have you ever seen girls who are kids beat up on each other...isn't a pretty site....I don't care if she's a kid, if she'd have listened, she wouldn't have been physically forced to be handcuffed....

That wasn't an over reaction, and again, you don't believe me, then prove me wrong and do a ride along with your locals police one time on the night shift!

Cops wouldn't have such a hard time today if kids were raised differently....
Stop making up stories.

He told her to LEAVE and then PULLED HER BACK after she and her friends were walking away. The order was to leave, not the sit down. He then proceed to pull her hair and the sit his body parts are her behind.

He is a PERVERT, who has already been accused of sexual assault in the past.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
like I said, I like my story better! No ones supporting sexual perversion....and believe you me, I am not the one you want to get started on sexual perversion....where in the video was he sexually assulting her....
Sure he wasn't when he pulled her back by her hair and then sat his body parts on her behind AFTER they began to leave as he ordered.

It was sexual perversion and he has been accused on sexual assault in the past. Perhaps some folks just enjoy looking at that sort of thing so they defend it.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:40 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
jeez...jump to conclusions much? Sexually assaulted? Why, because she was in a bikini?

She's damn lucky he didn't taz her as$ for not following orders.

When are people going to learn that things would go a lot smoother if you just followed a cops instructions.
If you are at a party and the cops bust it what you do is RUN! It's was basic law of growing up back in the day. Then again, cops did not beat up and shoot unarmed kids then either. Anyhow, there were 12 cops at the party. 11 of them behaved responsibly, did their jobs, and one was a brutish thug. His fellow officers and his bosses offered him no support at all. He is gone. Good riddance.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If you are at a party and the cops bust it what you do is RUN! It's was basic law of growing up back in the day. Then again, cops did not beat up and shoot unarmed kids then either. Anyhow, there were 12 cops at the party. 11 of them behaved responsibly, did their jobs, and one was a brutish thug. His fellow officers and his bosses offered him no support at all. He is gone. Good riddance.
That's my point. All the other cops acted in professional manner, and even held back the one who pulled his gun. If the aggressive cop was doing the right thing, then all the other ones were failing, but that's not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies