Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 12:53 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,153,225 times

Advertisements

Here are words/phrases that liberals commonly use to spin topics in nonsensical ways to promote their agenda. I decided to make a list of these phrases as well as their literal meanings to help prevent intellectually honest people from being fooled.

1. gun nuts = people who don't oppose gun control
2. poor, hungry people = career welfare collectors
3. greedy capitalists = people who work harder so they can have more
4. diversity = whites need not apply
5. the children = last ditch effort by playing on peoples' emotions
6. racist = they don't want to hear the truth
7. handouts for the rich = taking less of the money they earned
8. global warming = need more money to study nothing
9. green = pollutes in china instead of US
10. poor immigrants = democratic voters
11. minimum wage = pay me more than I'm worth
12. right-wing extremist = not a liberal
13. free = get someone else to pay for it

Feel free to add to the list of liberal catch phrases. Let's see how long it takes before a liberal tries to derail the thread by diverting to another topic.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:11 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
LOL, Your stereotypical characterization of what you assume liberals can only possibly think is without a doubt the height of sheer ridiculousness. I certainly can't relate to any of it. Just what odd, off the wall far right propaganda do you follow, anyway?

Old 06-11-2015, 01:23 AM

906 posts, read 713,733 times
I like liberals. They amuse me.

One day, in the jungle, without their precious government to bail them out..and they'll turn to putty.

It's like women...they're all for equality, but when the ship is sinking and the men start shouting "women and children first!" they just keep quiet and do as their told. Then after they are saved, they revert back to their "we need equality" platform without even ever realizing the inconsistencies in their own actions. You cant escape natural order, if we are pushed. Because, in the real world, talk is cheap, but actions count. Its why you can't take them seriously. Liberals too. In the real world, life is war. Dog eat dog, youre lucky if youre taken as a slave. Some of us just shoot you dead on the spot. But, we just do this nicely these days, because why not?

But make no mistake, when the ship is sinking, thats when the natural order becomes obvious, thats when the war becomes obvious.

Wobble the ship, if you want to prove a point.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:20 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times
No need to divert, let the foolishness stand by itself.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:10 AM

6,403 posts, read 6,294,715 times
Here, let me fix this for you:

Racist- usually an entitled white male with blue eyes who is upset that they have to work. Many can be found drinking at 11 am at the VFW.

Gun Nuts- people who value guns over lives. They keep their guns close to their nuts.

Handouts for the rich- corporate welfare and investments/dividends taxed at a lesser rate than earned income. The explanation of why Romney pays less taxed than his secretary.

Green - as in "we care that the earth has a little 'green' left in it after companies like XOM destroy it and sheeple continue buying plastic bottled water that Coke pulls from a tap."

Greedy capitalists- those who make millions yet complain about .00001% of their income feeding the poor

Diversity- what smart investers have in their stock portfolios

Poor immigrants - people standing outside Home Depot waiting to be exploited by Republicans

Free- items that are recycled and entertainment like walking in the park

The children- human beings that come out of/and can live outside of a women's uterus as opposed to sperm and zygote

RWNJ- those who watch Fox News, Rush, etc and believe anything over 20% that they say

Poor, hungry people- a catch-all phrase referring mainly to the following : homeless and/or mentally ill people, abused women and children forced to leave their homes, people struck with terminal diseases and lost their jobs, employees laid-off when the greedy capitalists outsourced

Minimum wage- something needed due to housing and rent prices.

Global warming - why your great grandchildren will be complaining way more than you are now

Old 06-11-2015, 04:36 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,784,669 times
Classy thread, OP.
Keep it up.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,075,367 times
I too find lefties amusing.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,251,568 times
Most liberals believe their crap doesn't stink. When their policies, as they do with great regularity, they blame everybody but themselves.

Truly pathetic.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
My favorite Liberal policy was attacking Saddam Hussein because he may have threatened my father. Oh, wait. That was a RWNJ's idea.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:44 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Here are words/phrases that liberals commonly use to spin topics in nonsensical ways to promote their agenda. I decided to make a list of these phrases as well as their literal meanings to help prevent intellectually honest people from being fooled.

1. gun nuts = people who don't oppose gun control
2. poor, hungry people = career welfare collectors
3. greedy capitalists = people who work harder so they can have more
4. diversity = whites need not apply
5. the children = last ditch effort by playing on peoples' emotions
6. racist = they don't want to hear the truth
7. handouts for the rich = taking less of the money they earned
8. global warming = need more money to study nothing
9. green = pollutes in china instead of US
10. poor immigrants = democratic voters
11. minimum wage = pay me more than I'm worth
12. right-wing extremist = not a liberal
13. free = get someone else to pay for it

Feel free to add to the list of liberal catch phrases. Let's see how long it takes before a liberal tries to derail the thread by diverting to another topic.
I was going to compile a similar list of favorite words, phrases and clichés used by the Left, but I hadn't gotten to it. This is a good start. Of course there's always these:
  1. "Income equality/inequality"
  2. "economic justice/equality/democracy"
  3. "access" or "equal access" (liberals love the word, access, and if you tack the word "equal" onto it, it really has power)
  4. "empower"
  5. "disenfranchise"
  6. "equality/inequality"
  7. "working class" (implies executives don't work, and don't earn their salaries — especially CEO's)
  8. "individuality" (replaces "individualism," because leftists are collectivists).
  9. "military industrial complex"
  10. "fair/fairness"
  11. "Haliburton"
  12. "big oil"
There are so many more. You can spot a liberal just by the words and phrases they use. It's really quite interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies