Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 11:05 AM

3,736 posts, read 2,563,582 times

Advertisements

I would add that even the term Liberal, is a dishonest euphemism. A lot of so-called 'Liberals' are Marxists. Government engineered wealth re-distribution (another euphemism,.. for state-sponsored theft) is Marxism 101. And unfortunately has become a corner stone of the modern Democratic ideology.
peace.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:30 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times
Quote:
Let's see how long it takes before a liberal tries to derail the thread by diverting to another topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, Your stereotypical characterization of what you assume liberals can only possibly think is without a doubt the height of sheer ridiculousness. I certainly can't relate to any of it. Just what odd, off the wall far right propaganda do you follow, anyway?
That didn't take long.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:39 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I was going to compile a similar list of favorite words, phrases and clichés used by the Left, but I hadn't gotten to it. This is a good start. Of course there's always these:

"military industrial complex"

There are so many more. You can spot a liberal just by the words and phrases they use. It's really quite interesting.
You get extra points for telling us which conservative Republican U.S. President (and WWII 5-star general) coined the phrase "military-industrial complex." (Gee, I hope I gave a sufficient number of hints!)

And you get even more points for showing us that you have a basic understanding of what that phrase means.

PS - Oh, dear - I hope I'm not accused of trying to hijack the thread. I would feel *terrible* about that.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
You get extra points for telling us which conservative Republican U.S. President (and WWII 5-star general) coined the phrase "military-industrial complex." (Gee, I hope I gave a sufficient number of hints!)
Eisenhower was not a conservative.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Eisenhower was not a conservative.
Like we really give a crap who coined the term anyway.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:52 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Here are words/phrases that liberals commonly use to spin topics in nonsensical ways to promote their agenda. I decided to make a list of these phrases as well as their literal meanings to help prevent intellectually honest people from being fooled.

1. gun nuts = people who don't oppose gun control
2. poor, hungry people = career welfare collectors
3. greedy capitalists = people who work harder so they can have more
4. diversity = whites need not apply
5. the children = last ditch effort by playing on peoples' emotions
6. racist = they don't want to hear the truth
7. handouts for the rich = taking less of the money they earned
8. global warming = need more money to study nothing
9. green = pollutes in china instead of US
10. poor immigrants = democratic voters
11. minimum wage = pay me more than I'm worth
12. right-wing extremist = not a liberal
13. free = get someone else to pay for it

Feel free to add to the list of liberal catch phrases. Let's see how long it takes before a liberal tries to derail the thread by diverting to another topic.

That's a pretty impressive irrational screed from such a noob.

Carry on.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:07 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
My addition

pro-choice: You have a right to decide if you want an abortion. Otherwise, every other aspect of your life should be regulated by the government.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:21 PM

Majority-minority: this allows people who are traditionally thought of as "minorities" (not white, heterosexual, or male) to retain their status as a "victimized" minority even if they claim the majority in an area. It assures that white people can never get minority status even if they are the minority in terms of numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies