Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 08:43 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,157,062 times

Advertisements

Many of these responses are from the anti-transgender crowd who are gleefully using this to say "you can't have a problem with this (or trans-animal, or trans anything else) if you don't have a problem with transgender!" I'm not addressing those people. For the rest -

The reason why this is not the same as Caitlynn Jenner is: the co-opting of another race's struggles in order to seem more in tune with her position.

She's not the eccentric corner florist posing as a black woman. She's a leader in her local NAACP chapter. Now, if she had achieved that position by being forthcoming about her actual background, more power to her, and more power to those who would be accepting of her as a leader in the black community, despite her race. But she did it through deception. She did it by saying "I KNOW your struggle! I too grew up black! I grew up with the same frustrations that you have and that we are working to overcome!"

Caitlynn Jenner never claimed to have grown up as a female, or to have known the struggles that females face. She never said "Oh, I remember the first time I got my period and was ridiculed by all of my guy friends in the neighborhood!"

Check out Dolezal's tweets about the struggle of being black: 9 Tweets From Rachel Dolezal That Will Really Make You Think

I don't condemn her, because I'm sure her desire to be black is real, and must be deep-rooted. It's the deception. But now that she's been outed, she has the opportunity to tell her story, and to help us understand how she got to this point. (Personally, my guess is that she was an overlooked white female - pasty and doughy, by the looks of it - but found a new confidence when she started posing as black. And maybe got carried away with creating a new history for herself).

Old 06-12-2015, 08:45 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't judge. My ex joked that maybe I was a bit of an uh-oh Oreo... Seriously though, who cares. She looks milato so she is (likely) mixed like my cousin.
I was something like an uh-oh-Oreo. White, red hair, blue eyes, Mom light Portuguese, step dad Mexican and Apache. All my siblings are dark with brown hair and eyes. My dad was German, Dutch, Cherokee and Irish. The Irish relative was a slave owner in Georgia, maybe even leaving his gene trace through a few of his slaves. For all I know there is some black in there too, I do not care, so as you said "who cares".

Old 06-12-2015, 08:46 AM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Why not indeed? Reminds me of that Steve Martin movie (I can't recall the name). However, I guess that to be head of a NAACP chapter one should have some black heritage, although I do not know if their bylaws actually prohibit such.

The two articles I read (OP's link, and on CNN) both mention how she was raised with four black children adopted by her parents, and that they were raised in Mississippi. Apparently, after marrying and then divorcing a black man, she began to exhibit a change in behavior, including claiming a black heritage, even going so far as to introduce some older black man as her father.

Sounds like she developed some mental disorder, although I have no idea what.

I feel for her. This will not help her mental status to be 'outed' and held up to shame.
Since the NAACP was founded by a lot of white and balck people, don't see why that should be a requirement.

However, misrepresenting yourself is the important issue here.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:47 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,157,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You cannot change your gender.

Maybe if a baby was born with both sex organs, and you chopped off the male parts, then maybe the child is now a woman. But you cannot perform a vagina transplant into a man.
Actually, you can. This is common knowledge; I'm not even going to Google it for you. This has been around for years.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:52 AM

I have a friend that is actually 1/2 black that looks more white than the gal in the picture lol.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well...not much to say on this one. Too weird.

She's a nice looking lady, and if she has no black roots whatsoever, she's doing a pretty good job of making herself racially ambiguous. But she's definitely more white than anything else.

But then, a hell of a lot of African Americans are. Heck, even Henry Louis Gates is half white.
Hey DD, maybe we can work out some sort of trade or have a "racial draft" .

We'll give up rights to the Dolezal lady but as you've noted she's pretty hot. Got anybody up for trade? Then we can consider her black and them white. (P.S. No, we don't want Sammy Sosa....he looks like those skull face painted voodoo guys from the old james bond movie lol) Hmmm....maybe one of Michael Jacksons kids?

Old 06-12-2015, 08:55 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...look, as much as I love belonging to this crew, I have no idea why a white person would wanna sign up. They'd have to be a masochist or some kind of nut.

But hey, whatever floats her boat.
Some "anglo white" people DO look almost "Black" and just find it less problem to run with "real" Black people since both sides here are comfortable with each other.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:56 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

However, misrepresenting yourself is the important issue here.
Nah, she's just transitioning, it's all the rage nowadays

Old 06-12-2015, 08:57 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Transgendered people are open about the switch. This lady was deceptive.
This. She also lied about who her parents were. I have never seen a transgendered person doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Who can blame her, there's a lot of free money and jobs for those claiming to be black.
Um....no there's not. You do realize that black people always have a higher unemployment percentage than whites right? Also, I am black and never got any money just because I'm black. I honestly would like to know where people come up with this stuff lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
It is racist to only allow blacks to work for the NAACP.
Anyone can join the NAACP. There have been white presidents of the NAACP and there are still white members of the NAACP today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You cannot change your gender.

Maybe if a baby was born with both sex organs, and you chopped off the male parts, then maybe the child is now a woman. But you cannot perform a vagina transplant into a man.
Actually, they can remove the penis and give trans persons a vagina surgically. It is not recommended though because of a loss of sensation and sexual feelings, which is why most men who change their sex keep their penises. Many trans persons who go from female to male have had a penis made for them too, but it is also recommended not to do so.

On the whole, I have no problem with the lady identifying with being black or of being a leader in the NAACP. I do take issue with her lying about her lineage though. How can you just make up a black father and parade someone about? She has mental issues.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:24 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Meh, just another BINO. Another example that liberalism is a mental disorder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies