Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 03:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Who cares? The old "one drop" rule means that a lot of people are "black" and might not even know it. However, claiming that you are "black" or believing that does not come with the "black" experience unless your blackness is self evident. Such black people (whose blackness is not strongly self evident) are on par with Irish, Jewish or other discriminated groups whose membership to the outed group is not strongly self evident. Discrimination is less efficacious the less identifiable you are as part of the out group.

I have no problem with her identifying as black and working for black causes. Welcome. I will take her over Ben Carson any day.
1 drop rule would be shot down real quick IF Jim Crow was still "legal" in 2015 since ALL of us started out in Africa way back in the day, and it's been proven by DNA.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:32 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Wow it is!
People that go through these dramatic changes are so interesting to me, i think its really cool actually... they're just like screw it i'm gonna be black, screw it i'm gonna be a women.
Gee, I always wanted to be a cheetah. Wonder how I could go about getting it done and getting someone else to finance it?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:39 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post

Check out Dolezal's tweets about the struggle of being black: 9 Tweets From Rachel Dolezal That Will Really Make You Think

In tweet #7, she says this:

Some people live in a #Dreamworld and other people #Facereality...and then there are those who turn one into the other #GoAnGetit
-------------------------

Old 06-12-2015, 03:40 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The NAACP has always been open to people of any color.
Not to people who lie about their race.

Quote:
Godwin.
Does that make it right??

I think the more interesting question is why are you defending this foolishness?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:41 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Gee, I always wanted to be a cheetah. Wonder how I could go about getting it done and getting someone else to finance it?
If someone decided that they wanted to be Bill Gates, would they have access to his bank account?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:51 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Why ever when there is absolutely no defense, the response is always "why does it matter, or who cares". I am not trying to make it a rep vs dem but I see this all the time among the democrats.

Mind you, this is possibly a smart move because why would a person continue to argue with someone that doesn't really have a care in the world for the issue... So in turn, they get away scott free cause people then back off.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:53 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
hey now, michael jackson was proof that anyone can grow and be what they want to be in this country. remember he started life and a poor black child and grew up to be a rich white man.
Jackson's whiteness wasn't voluntary. he suffered from vitiglio, a disease that causes the skin pigment cells to die or stop functioning. It causes white patches to appear on one's body, making home look like a pinto.
Jackson eventually bleached the rest of his skin to make the patches less noticeable. He became white because he couldn't be black any longer.

Vitiglio strikes all races. The skin is completely white, and its noticeable even on the palest Nordic blondes.

Some shrinks said that his vitiglio started Jackson's obsession for plastic surgery, and may have been the reason why he had his lips tattooed red. The cheeks, mouth, chin and nose areas are often the first to turn white.

Shingles can also cause the skin where the lesions appear to turn white after the lesions heal. I now have several white spots on my forehead and one eyelid after developing a case of shingles 3 years ago.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:57 PM

998 posts, read 665,397 times
It's kind of like how most white women claim to have a Cherokee princess as a great-great grandmother if you ever have the misfortune of having to hear about their ethnicity. I don't know... but it seems that people just love to pretend that they're some exotic mix of races... but particularly races or populations of people who have been widely perceived as "disadvantaged" in this country.

I think it gives people the sense of having "cred" or whatever... or maybe it's just straight up white guilt. This woman, in particular, really took it to an extreme.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:03 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Who cares?
I have no problem with her identifying as black and working for black causes. Welcome. I will take her over Ben Carson any day.
That is the problem we are facing. When others don't care about your views, you will throw a fit (not you but generally speaking). But when when it's time for you to care about how others feel, you simply disregard the root of it all because YOU don't think it is a big deal. It just goes over your head without a care in the world for the impact of culture. It's rather selfish.

I am not saying that you should care but let's not disregard the impact of people now taking on other people's race... It' unpure, it's fraudulent and a lye. Why do you accept this type of fraudulence but then get upset when people call all gay/transgender all frauds. Let some group come bullying my school because they want transgender all for all restrooms, we have to shut up and eat it.... But a white women can fraudulently proclaim herself as black and you not care....

It's the disconnect I speak of.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:06 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times
I've decided to become a tomato plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies