Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 06:14 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,906,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I find myself constantly having to repeat myself but here we go...

I see no point of decrying criminal acts online, and I especially see no point in discussing what happens amongst black folks on a forum that is overwhelmingly white and pretty racist to boot.

I also hasten to point out, that unlike crimes committed by state actors, the individuals involved in this crime will be caught, will be tried and will be incarcerated for a very long time, of this I have little doubt. Which is a completely different scenario than what has occurred when state actors have in the past abused the rights of citizens.

As to the facts of the this case, like any crime of this nature, committed against any human being, I am appalled and saddened. My heart goes out her friends, family and especially to her parents. I have long felt that any so-called black person who commits such crimes against anyone, regardless of color has no business being associated with African American people, none.

Now there's my statement, I await yours when some white child, woman, or man, is barbarically killed by a white person or gang, and I cannot wait to hear you demand that white people speak out against white on white crime.

Until that day, have a nice evening.
Silly rabbit.
That would be construed as RACIST because blacks aren't in on the "conversation".
FYI, there is probably more white on white crime than black people born in this country on a daily basis.

If the forum is objectionable to you why visit? Any reason why it would be overwhelmingly white? That is your POV which leads me to believe the racist aspect is as well.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:34 PM

297 posts, read 294,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you're going to make such an anti-cop racist statement you should post a link so we can judge.

Until then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aezsLenEWo8

Look at the white officer on the right during minutes: 1.56 - 2:00 of the video.

He is grinning (it's a little subtle, but he seems happy w/ the current state of affairs).

Old 06-14-2015, 06:41 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,266,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post

Look at the white officer on the right during minutes: 1.56 - 2:00 of the video.

He is grinning (it's a little subtle, but he seems happy w/ the current state of affairs).
You're kidding right? You trash talk and accuse cops of racism over what you consider a half second smirk.

Your Race colored glasses need to be adjusted.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:50 PM

1,136 posts, read 926,079 times
This is so awful. I feel for children who grow up in communities where gangs are seen as normal and gang members are seen as anything other than people to be avoided. That poor girl. Its sad that she wasn't able to see that these men where monsters and that despite being friendly to her they saw her as no different than all of the other people they have no doubt victimized. The fact that she was 16 in college meant she was at least a bright girl trying to make something of herself.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:52 PM

11,284 posts, read 11,057,689 times
Quote:

Racist much? Not sure what you're watching (or on), but I saw nothing of the sort. What exactly will make people with your frame of mind happy? This is some nasty stuff, and I'm glad these two sick twists have been arrested.

Both of these nasty thugs are multiple felons that have recently been released from custody or prison by our liberal justice system. Say thanks to the system (you know, the one that's so prejudiced against blacks as a whole)!

Old 06-14-2015, 06:53 PM

20,130 posts, read 16,195,599 times
Quote:

You have GOT to be kidding. THIS is what you think calls for the complete overall of the entire police force? Your "evidence" isn't living up to your agenda. My first inclination - if I even noticed it, which talk about examining things in slo-mo and under a microscope - would be that he made eye contact with someone sitting in the audience that he knew. I am beyond words that this is your idea of a rouge cop. No wonder we have unrest in this nation - sheesh. Hint, the problem isn't that cop.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:55 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,183,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Had the victim been white, there would have been 14 pages of posts already, consisting of mass outrage from the typical City-Data Current Events posters.

Mick
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Will there ever be a day on City Data forum where posters create threads based on the crime alone, without having to resort to other things like race just to 'prove' their usual arguments about how the 'liberal' media is biased against black on white crime and the sort?

The crime mentioned in the OP is heinous enough to comment on and has nothing to do with race.
And yup.

I always find it interesting the question of why race is brought into the thread that doesn't involve blacks.

It's really sad how often it has to be explained to adults that it isn't about white on black crime that drives the meter, it's authoritative figure (cop) on civilian crime, where more often than not, the victim is black.

But what's even sadder is some of these posters pretending to care about the actual victims in threads like this in order to push their racial agendas. Kind of sick when you think about it. Just look at some of the snide remarks.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:07 PM

986 posts, read 2,511,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I think the public is already getting tired of this "all blacks are victims" nonsense. The police fear for their lives every day and can't walk around like politically-correct scholars when someone is resisting arrest with all kinds of physical variables.

Just being out in public is dangerous for police. The mere act of arresting someone tends to draw crowds, and that alone is nervous-making. It's amazing that more police aren't targeted by random thug onlookers. Having lived in a neighborhood that was ruined by a relatively small group of ghetto blacks, I have little sympathy for this new cause. The media needs to tone it way down.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:27 PM

11,284 posts, read 11,057,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You have GOT to be kidding. THIS is what you think calls for the complete overall of the entire police force? Your "evidence" isn't living up to your agenda. My first inclination - if I even noticed it, which talk about examining things in slo-mo and under a microscope - would be that he made eye contact with someone sitting in the audience that he knew. I am beyond words that this is your idea of a rouge cop. No wonder we have unrest in this nation - sheesh. Hint, the problem isn't that cop.
Liberalism does crazy things to the minds of impressionable people. It's like a drug. Can't make up the sort of stuff that some posters post, no matter how hard one tries.....

Old 06-15-2015, 04:57 AM

50,948 posts, read 36,646,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There is no reason to protest if the criminals are going to be prosecuted, so I'm not sure what your point ? Blacks protest the police shootings when it appears it's going to be glossed over and no one will be punished. Did you read something about this case that said the perpetrators won't be punished, that they had reason to fear for their lives so it was self-defense and nothing's going to happen to them, not only no jail but in fact they are going to keep their tax-payer funded jobs?

If the above doesn't apply to your story, your point is completely off the mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies