Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 06:51 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,748,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I've been thinking about the firings after the McKinney incident. We've become so infested with politically correct liberal BS that people can't give any opinion, no matter how well thought out or polite, that goes against the liberal orthodoxy, without fear of not only criticism, but violence or firing.

This has been building for awhile, but I see a cognitive tyranny now that I've never seen before. It makes me concerned the country is already lost to progressivism and is on the road to self-destruction.
Screw the progs.... speak your mind.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:51 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,255,996 times
Quote:
This has been building for awhile, but I see a cognitive tyranny now that I've never seen before. It makes me concerned the country is already lost to progressivism and is on the road to self-destruction.

So what are you going to do? Move to China (aka conservative paradise)?

Old 06-14-2015, 06:58 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,133,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Lying to start a war that kills hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings? Fine and dandy if you're a Republican.

But let's focus on whether or not William Jefferson Clinton had a dalliance with an intern.

That's what you call Republican priorities. And with that type of mentality, one does wonder if this country really could be finished.
He acted on bad intelligence. But it is completely irrelevant to what I said anyway. It was talking about our elected leaders having equal accountability for committing crimes. You chose not to read and understand the point, which is all part of the decline of our discourse. Stalin had a phrase... you can look it up yourself.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
I've been thinking about the firings after the McKinney incident. We've become so infested with politically correct liberal BS that people can't give any opinion, no matter how well thought out or polite, that goes against the liberal orthodoxy, without fear of not only criticism, but violence or firing.

I don't think Dallas is really that liberal. It is actually very conservative.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:07 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,564,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
He acted on bad intelligence. But it is completely irrelevant to what I said anyway. It was talking about our elected leaders having equal accountability for committing crimes. You chose not to read and understand the point, which is all part of the decline of our discourse. Stalin had a phrase... you can look it up yourself.
So the "crime" in question here is President Clinton not being forthright about having a dalliance with an intern.

Yet the crime of lying a nation into a war against a nation with absolutely no justification whatsoever is no big deal. A war that killed hundreds of thousands of human beings and will cost this country over 3 trillion dollars. Republican priorities on display.

The polarization of America, right alongside the Dumbing Down of America and the rise of "news" organizations that pump out propaganda that does not mirror reality is indeed a very real and existential threat to this Republic.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:12 PM

934 posts, read 596,775 times
Quote:

Feel free to leave. Dont let the door hit you on the way out

Old 06-14-2015, 07:14 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,538,871 times
I'm pretty sure you people are good examples of how powerful the media is at controlling peoples minds lol....

Old 06-14-2015, 07:19 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,133,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So the "crime" in question here is President Clinton not being forthright about having a dalliance with an intern.

Yet the crime of lying a nation into a war against a nation with absolutely no justification whatsoever is no big deal. A war that killed hundreds of thousands of human beings and will cost this country over 3 trillion dollars. Republican priorities on display.

The polarization of America, right alongside the Dumbing Down of America and the rise of "news" organizations that pump out propaganda that does not mirror reality is indeed a very real and existential threat to this Republic.
The crime is lying to a grand jury. The fact that you don't understand this and understand the abuse of power it represents is indicative of exactly the problem that I am talking about.

But you are never going to understand, and I do not intend to waste time on you. The usual pattern of these things is that the left corrodes and corrupts the republic, and it falls to the right. So when it does happen, enjoy living under the next Cesar, Napolean, Hitler. It will be entirely the fault of you and those who think like you.

Out.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:26 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,197,852 times
The country was lost from its inception. It was founded on with a mixture of truth and error, right and wrong.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:32 PM

35,133 posts, read 31,438,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
So what are you going to do? Move to China (aka conservative paradise)?
The country needs to be reformed from within. China is an endpoint of the current path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies