Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:12 AM

15,358 posts, read 12,683,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I met a girls who said she voted for Barry because she said "I think he's cute". Yep this is the Obama voter. I certainly hope she is sufferening the consequences of her stupidity.
I met a mans who voted for a republican because "I would drink a beer with him"

yep, this is the GOP voter.

Smh, you guys post some pretty hilarious garbage.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:13 AM

15,358 posts, read 12,683,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And this principal and teacher represent that to you?

Fascinating.
good and honorable...

posting about kids at a pool party is what America is all about.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,756,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The economy has done well under Obama? I certainly wouldn't use the word "booming". "Limping" and "life support" comes to mind.
Job Openings Rise to Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Old 06-15-2015, 07:39 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,237,983 times
Quote:

I know you were responding to someone else. But, be careful about making improper judgements on what is going on in the world.

Why Job Growth and Cheap Gas Aren't Doing What They Should

The economy’s broken record: Lots of jobs, but no raises - The Washington Post

Most "leftists" will acknowledge that the economic picture is being misrepresented. They usually talk about the "real unemployment rate". Usually adding those who have dropped out of the labor force because they gave up looking for a job. And people who are marginally employed.

There's No Such Thing as the 'Real Unemployment Rate' | National Review Online

Wage Stagnation in Nine Charts | Economic Policy Institute

All of this, and the president is desperate to push through a trade bill that will destroy wages and gut the middle-class even more than NAFTA.

Creating a job isn't hard. Creating a good job is the hard part. Obama seems more eager to hand the country over to multinational corporations than even his scumbag predecessors.

But lets be clear, TPP and TTIP, and whatever else will ultimately go through. The multinationals are going to make sure of it. I don't even care to argue about it. I'm just irritated that the average American hasn't opened up his eyes to the fact that this country was lost a lot time ago. Either accept, or fight against it. But don't delude yourself into pretending that our democracy is actually democratic. It is a plutocracy, and really, always has been. It is just becoming more and more obvious to the people willing to open their eyes.

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/22/5_si...cracy_partner/

Old 06-15-2015, 07:49 AM

258 posts, read 157,979 times
It's probably just simplest to assume that labor rates are a matter of supply and demand.

There are cycles where the value of labor has risen and fallen quite a lot, the data is readily available (this is going back to the Middle Ages), looking for a cause like 'Obama' or 'evil trade deals' strikes me as a fool's errand.

In addition, you are seeing the magic of modern industrial and farming tech lowering the need for people. Failing a solar flare or other general breakdown, I can't see that kind of long term structural change altering course.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:57 AM

63,156 posts, read 29,323,023 times
Quote:
Did you bother to read the 34 comments attached to the article?

Old 06-15-2015, 08:02 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,311,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I've been thinking about the firings after the McKinney incident. We've become so infested with politically correct liberal BS that people can't give any opinion, no matter how well thought out or polite, that goes against the liberal orthodoxy, without fear of not only criticism, but violence or firing.

This has been building for awhile, but I see a cognitive tyranny now that I've never seen before. It makes me concerned the country is already lost to progressivism and is on the road to self-destruction.
The cop quit.

There is no such thing as political correctness. In every human society a person's words and ideas have gotten them ostracized, fired, and worse killed.

If that teacher would have said she was going to advocate that sex between adults and children be legalized, no one would be yelling political correctness when she got canned.

If that principal would have come out and said he believed that some people were disguised as alien reptiles, no one would be yelling political correctness when he got canned.

So this whining about political correctness has nothing to with people getting fired for words, since this is something that has always existed in human societies.

No this is about the subject matter that gets one fired.

For those yelling political correctness, they believe that insulting the black race, insulting women, or Muslims, or homos should have zero consequences.

They want a return to the old America where these groups could be insulted and degraded with impunity with zero consequences.

They want a return to the old America where the only group whose opinions counted and mattered were white men.

They don't want an equal society where every group and individual gets to have their say and have an impact on who gets punished for saying the wrong thing in public, because again people getting punished for saying the wrong thing is a fact of every human society as my examples illustrate.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,904,518 times
Indeed the obstructive White conservative bible thumping classes are loosing their control of the culture and the country. As a white, liberal agonistic I have worked very hard to bring this about. Now to work in eliminating the corny capitalists robbing all of us for their monopoly profits.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:04 AM

258 posts, read 157,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Indeed the obstructive White conservative bible thumping classes are loosing their control of the culture and the country. As a white, liberal agonistic I have worked very hard to bring this about. Now to work in eliminating the corny capitalists robbing all of us for their monopoly profits.
Well, there is something to be said for eating the bread that the Little Red Hen baked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies