Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 02:50 PM

35,131 posts, read 31,412,038 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about the firings after the McKinney incident. We've become so infested with politically correct liberal BS that people can't give any opinion, no matter how well thought out or polite, that goes against the liberal orthodoxy, without fear of not only criticism, but violence or firing.

This has been building for awhile, but I see a cognitive tyranny now that I've never seen before. It makes me concerned the country is already lost to progressivism and is on the road to self-destruction.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:19 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,531,578 times
They always overreach and they are doing it now.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:22 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,987,295 times
The American public, of all stripes, can't be afraid to be honestly outspoken about their beliefs and where they stand. Otherwise the Bolsheviks win.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:26 PM

35,131 posts, read 31,412,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
The American public, of all stripes, can't be afraid to be honestly outspoken about their beliefs and where they stand. Otherwise the Bolsheviks win.
I'm afraid they've already won.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:33 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,526,293 times
The Boomers won't suffer like their kids and grandkids will. It begins with the voters who put a known unknown (barry soetero) into office. Sadly, while many of them have wised up to the terrible mistake they made, it's too late. I do believe the country is lost (what America was envisioned to be by our Founding Fathers) and is drifting into 3rd world status with rich and poor (mostly poor) with almost no middle class save for government workers. Meanwhile, the homosexuals, illegals, and useless are cheering it on. Sadly, they won't like what happens next. Neither will the other 200 million or so Americans who let it come to this.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:33 PM

29,610 posts, read 16,600,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I've been thinking about the firings after the McKinney incident. We've become so infested with politically correct liberal BS that people can't give any opinion, no matter how well thought out or polite, that goes against the liberal orthodoxy, without fear of not only criticism, but violence or firing.

This has been building for awhile, but I see a cognitive tyranny now that I've never seen before. It makes me concerned the country is already lost to progressivism and is on the road to self-destruction.
Are you taking about the racist teacher , or the principal ?

either way, its flawed logic especially when arguing political correctness.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:36 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,805,992 times
Quote:
I'm afraid they've already won.

That's what people thought before WWII. If we vote for politicians who actually take seriously their oath to defend the Constitution, we'll be just fine. Look at how far Libertarians have quickly come in the last few years. More than 1/2 of voters now call themselves Independents. These things scare the snot out of the progressive left, and certainly both of the parties as well.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,388,672 times
I disagree; looking at the scene today I see much reason for optimism. Liberals are losing ground everywhere we look. They find themselves in a corner where they have to back an aging candidate who is known for raking in money from Wall Street.
Hillary Clinton's Big Paydays From Goldman Sachs | RealClearPolitics

GOP by contrast has a plethora of young talent. Mia Love, Elise Stefanik, Joni Ernst, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and many others are representative of the coming conservative tide. We have only just begun to fight.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:57 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,441,060 times
Quote:

so what, you have a problem with lower unemployment, low crime rates,etc?

What is lost by any definition?

the per capita homicide rate is lower than anytime during the Regan years so please. . .spare me.

Or are you just upset you can't make fun of homosexuals and blacks anymore at work?

Seriously - i'll take a more socially equal and safer country thank you very much

Old 06-14-2015, 04:19 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,341,296 times
"I'm pretty sure we've lost the country."

If the "we" you are referring to are disaffected white reactionaries, you haven't lost yet but you're getting there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies