Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 10:42 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Wow, the absolute stupidity of the left on parade in this thread. Remember how they talked when President Bush was in office? Because the rest of us do.
I remember a lot of them threatening to flee to Canada. Don't think that ever really panned out

Old 06-15-2015, 12:01 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I've been thinking about the firings after the McKinney incident. We've become so infested with politically correct liberal BS that people can't give any opinion, no matter how well thought out or polite, that goes against the liberal orthodoxy, without fear of not only criticism, but violence or firing.
What firings?
There's only one that's made the news: the elementary teacher in the school district near Lubbock TX.
I taught elementary school in TX for 11 years so have some cred in saying that person's comments indicate a mentality so dim it begs the question of how she was ever hired in the first place.

The principal in Miami wasn't fired, he was reassigned to an administrative position. Anyone who has ever worked in public education (again, like me) knows it's almost certain he didn't lose any pay. And absolutely he doesn't lose any benefits.

Teaching / public education has ALWAYS been a politically-charged career. Those who work in the field understand the pitfalls of speaking out on controversial issues. It's not about "liberal" or "conservative" or "politically correct"; ANY position you take can get you in hot water. That's the way it's been at least since I first entered the field in 1990.
Your claim that it's recent and liberal is BS.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:11 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The Boomers won't suffer like their kids and grandkids will. It begins with the voters who put a known unknown (barry soetero) into office. Sadly, while many of them have wised up to the terrible mistake they made, it's too late. I do believe the country is lost (what America was envisioned to be by our Founding Fathers) and is drifting into 3rd world status with rich and poor (mostly poor) with almost no middle class save for government workers. Meanwhile, the homosexuals, illegals, and useless are cheering it on. Sadly, they won't like what happens next. Neither will the other 200 million or so Americans who let it come to this.
I met a girls who said she voted for Barry because she said "I think he's cute". Yep this is the Obama voter. I certainly hope she is sufferening the consequences of her stupidity.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:20 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
This country has been lost for quite some time. I don't understand why the conservatives won't get it through their heads. A person has to either be willfully ignorant or a complete moron not to see it.

Conservatives like to focus on elections, and they are ecstatic that a Republican will probably be elected in 2016. What they can't seem to open their ignorant eyes to, is the fact that the future belongs to future generations. And it is the future generations who are being brainwashed by the liberal left in schools and universities. Conservatives focus on winning the short-term battles, all while they are losing the long-term war.

The fact that Conservatives imagine themselves as the "true patriots", is to be completely deluded.

As Lysander Spooner wrote...

"Inasmuch as the Constitution was never signed, nor agreed to, by anybody, as a contract, and therefore never bound anybody, and is now binding upon nobody; and is, moreover, such an one as no people can ever hereafter be expected to consent to, except as they may be forced to do so at the point of the bayonet, it is perhaps of no importance what its true legal meaning, as a contract, is. Nevertheless, the writer thinks it proper to say that, in his opinion, the Constitution is no such instrument as it has generally been assumed to be; but that by false interpretations, and naked usurpations, the government has been made in practice a very widely, and almost wholly, different thing from what the Constitution itself purports to authorize. He has heretofore written much, and could write much more, to prove that such is the truth. But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain – that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist....

Lysander Spooner – No Treason No. 6: The Constitution of No Authority

Old 06-15-2015, 05:57 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
The Conservatives are trying to run another BUSH!! Really?

Old 06-15-2015, 06:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The Conservatives are trying to run another BUSH!! Really?
They are fast learners...

Old 06-15-2015, 06:24 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Are you taking about the racist teacher , or the principal ?

either way, its flawed logic especially when arguing political correctness.
If you see a bunch of hood rats behaving badly you aren't going to speak your mind? Neither the teacher nor the principle are racist. You liberals are so quick to pull the racist trigger without seeing what caused the comment.

Trust me, I see something like that happen personally regardless of what color or culture they are, I would be more caustic in my remarks than those folks.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:49 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
If you're foolish enough to believe unemployment is truly under 6%, you're not smart enough to understand the problems we're facing.
A typical liberal response. Overblown fake "the sky is falling" mockery. Seems like all they care about are civil rights for gay people.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:52 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This x 1000. The truth is, when a Democrat is in office, the economy does well, when a Republican is in office, the economy does not. But what the GOP, and the elderly of POC want is a white man in office above all else. They don't care if he's a bunny boiler as long as it's a white man. They long for the days of Katrina.
The economy has done well under Obama? I certainly wouldn't use the word "booming". "Limping" and "life support" comes to mind.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
David Duke style white reactionaries have come and gone, as they should have. People who believe in America as constituted and that it was a good and honorable nation are now being wiped out.
And this principal and teacher represent that to you?

Fascinating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies