Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 01:14 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times

Advertisements

Race was injected at the point of a gun!

Old 06-19-2015, 01:42 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
It's a MENTAL ILLNESS situation.

Where is any help for the mentally ill and the families of mentally ill people, who KNOW their loved one is mentally ill but can't get any help for them?

How about the President address THAT instead of casting it as racial? It's mentally ill people in these mass shootings. The Virginia Tech shooter, his victims were mainly white and he was very jealous of them and envious in his diatribe, talking about their expensive watches and so forth, but it wasn't a racial crime. His mental illness had targeted them.

I'm trying to get across that the mentally ill are not getting the help they need, and it's at a terrible cost to everyone!

He tried that after Sandy Hook- didn't work then. Heaven forbid we try to make sure people with mental health issues have less access to guns, like for instance in this horrible crime.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:49 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Will we discuss beheadings in America?

Where has our President spoken out on these incidents.

A lady died and another survived, where was their speech.

Would our President have to speak about religion?
I'm sorry but I have no clue as to what you are talking about...

Old 06-19-2015, 01:50 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I mean, the dude has admitted it to the authorities. People still believe this wasn't racial. It's shocking just how many idiots are out there in this world. Too many low IQ people in this world who can't think critically.
Saying it wasn't racial seems to be a political position:

Jeb Bush today stated "I don't know" when asked about it.
Twice.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...eston-shooting

Old 06-19-2015, 01:52 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
The only thing it tells me is that I forgot to capitalize the word White.

As for PC, sorry buddy...I am a Black man that's extremely angry over the slaughter of some church goers simply because of the color of their skin...nothing PC about it...I am pissed off

My impression from your first post was that you were one of those people afraid that Obama would turn the country over to Blacks upon his election...you say only lunatics would think that...I agree and thats what I thought when reading your first post...the fact that you cannot see how imbecilic your petty nitpicking appears in your first post should give you pause

As for the tired voting based on skin color crap...most Blacks vote for the Democrats...not the smartest thing to do tactically but with Republicans actively using race baiting as part of their electoral strategy, voting for the GOP is a tough sell to most Blacks...I didn't even want to vote in 2012 out of protest to Obama's overly cooperative style in his first term but Romney scared the living daylights out of me...so see, some of us actually do think beyond the simple "he is Black like me"
As to the capitalization aspect I will accept your explanation as I have no reason to question your veracity. That said, I do run into those who purposely use a lower case for whites, but capitalization for blacks.

PC is not limited to guilty white liberals. However maybe your disgust with the freaks despicable massacre clouded your judgment with what I was pointing out in this thread. If you read the other thread prior to Obama's speech, I think you will find that you and I are simpatico.

Lastly, on blacks voting for Democrats, I really have trouble wrapping my mind around it. Sure I know what Lyndon Johnson did to try and shift them from supporting (R's) to (D's). But remember his heart was not pure no his motivations based on the welfare of black people. Instead it was a calculated effort to create a voting block of people to help himself and the (D) party. His infamous quote was in part;
... " I'll have them n iggers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years" - Lyndon Johnson 1963

Still whites in the (D) party were the historical slave owners, bigots, members of the KKK, etc.

Watch this short video to get a better understanding on why I believe blacks have been bamboozled into voting against their own interests;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-oS4WLui3Q

Then let me know what you think.

`

Old 06-19-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
As to the capitalization aspect I will accept your explanation as I have no reason to question your veracity. That said, I do run into those who purposely use a lower case for whites, but capitalization for blacks.

PC is not limited to guilty white liberals. However maybe your disgust with the freaks despicable massacre clouded your judgment with what I was pointing out in this thread. If you read the other thread prior to Obama's speech, I think you will find that you and I are simpatico.

Lastly, on blacks voting for Democrats, I really have trouble wrapping my mind around it. Sure I know what Lyndon Johnson did to try and shift them from supporting (R's) to (D's). But remember his heart was not pure no his motivations based on the welfare of black people. Instead it was a calculated effort to create a voting block of people to help himself and the (D) party. His infamous quote was in part;
... " I'll have them n iggers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years" - Lyndon Johnson 1963

Still whites in the (D) party were the historical slave owners, bigots, members of the KKK, etc.

Watch this short video to get a better understanding on why I believe blacks have been bamboozled into voting against their own interests;
Name one Republican politician who has had the decency to admit this crime was racially motivated, because so far all I have heard are statements that claim "the motive is unknown", or even more specious "it is an attack on Christianity", or they have no comment at all. Why would anyone vote for a candidate who would rather pander to their racist white confederate flag waving primary voters than speak out on this tragedy and call it what it is?

The Charleston Suspect Is a Racist, But Republicans Claim His Motives | The New Republic

http://www.newsweek.com/republican-c...hooting-344782

Jeb! Bush isn't sure what motivated the killer who 'wanted to start a race war'

Republican presidential candidates respond to Charleston shootings | WashingtonExaminer.com

Old 06-19-2015, 02:08 PM

988 posts, read 1,018,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Lastly, on blacks voting for Democrats, I really have trouble wrapping my mind around it.
Vector1 what are you talking about? You must not realize that on almost EVERY issue, conservatives' policies disfavor black people, and it's a big reason why many people view the GOP as the party of racists. Conservatives oppose Medicaid and Obamacare, and guess which community largely benefits from those programs? Conservatives oppose affirmative action, so same situation there. The list goes on and on.

I'm not saying that all conservatives are racist, because they certainly are not. But there is zero doubt that the party whose policies and rhetoric attract racists is the Republican party. When the tea party says they want to "take back their country," the second implied part of that sentence is "from the black man in our white house."

Old 06-19-2015, 02:10 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Will we discuss beheadings in America?

Where has our President spoken out on these incidents.

A lady died and another survived, where was their speech.

Would our President have to speak about religion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm sorry but I have no clue as to what you are talking about...
The poster is referring to an incident in Moore, OK in which a Muslim attacked his coworkers at a food processing plant, beheading one -- that's right, beheading, right here in America -- and seriously injuring another before he was shot dead by the plant's owner, who was armed and carrying. Unfortunately for Obama, the attack did not fit his narrative -- Religion of Peace = good; guns in civilian hands = bad -- so he apparently saw no political upside to publicly grieving about it.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:12 PM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
Vector1 what are you talking about? You must not realize that on almost EVERY issue, conservatives' policies disfavor black people, and it's a big reason why many people view the GOP as the party of racists. Conservatives oppose Medicaid and Obamacare, and guess which community largely benefits from those programs? Conservatives oppose affirmative action, so same situation there. The list goes on and on.

I'm not saying that all conservatives are racist, because they certainly are not. But there is zero doubt that the party whose policies and rhetoric attract racists is the Republican party. When the tea party says they want to "take back their country," the second implied part of that sentence is "from the black man in our white house."
And Medicare, which a surprising number of people don't realize and which most Americans rely on in retirement.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The poster is referring to an incident in Moore, OK in which a Muslim attacked his coworkers at a food processing plant, beheading one -- that's right, beheading, right here in America -- and seriously injuring another before he was shot dead by the plant's owner, who was armed and carrying. Unfortunately for Obama, the attack did not fit his narrative -- Religion of Peace = good; guns in civilian hands = bad -- so he apparently saw no political upside to publicly grieving about it.
Was there a racial motivation? Because I sure don't recall reading that anywhere."Nolen allegedly told investigators that he felt oppressed at work -- particularly over not getting a raise, a law enforcement official said."

Who is Oklahoma beheading suspect Alton Nolen? - CNN.com

I understand that there are some people on CD who will pour through the web looking for a racially motivated crime which Obama didn't speak about publicly, therefore 'proving' that he was wrong to speak about the Church shooting, but honestly that's the same BS that racists always pull when something like this happens, I recall another comment on CD about how Obama should have spoken out about the 'thousands of whites killed in Atlanta by blacks' ..umm yeah sure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies