Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 06:14 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,544,634 times

Advertisements

Now granted, I have been fortunate to maintain a decent socioeconomic status, raised in a upper middle income household during childhood, educated post-grad, and have enjoyed other wonderful pleasures of life as a black woman. For months I have been emotionally and mentally worn out by the ongoing racial tensions that occur here in our country. I posted something last week about Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, and after studying it I saw that it too could affect the black race, but this right here hits it on the head for me. I know that many say, "Blacks should stop complaining." We complain, because we live in a country where we are subjected to ongoing racism, injustice, and discrimination. I dare not ask anyone to fully understand, but with it now having a name- I surely believe that this is what I am currently experiencing along with many other blacks here in the United States. I also am not asking for empathy or sympathy, but along with the other struggles that we endure to try to be successful and live a decent life, blacks do have additional burdens that we have to contend with living here in the USA.

Black America ‘suffering from racial battle fatigue’ after barrage of incidents | theGrio

I also like the segment from John Stewart last night, he truly gets it! We have to start addressing this problem that is homegrown and fix it.

Jon Stewart on Charleston: 'No jokes,' 'Just Sadness' - CNNPolitics.com

Old 06-19-2015, 06:44 AM

17,450 posts, read 14,686,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Now granted, I have been fortunate to maintain a decent socioeconomic status, raised in a upper middle income household during childhood, educated post-grad, and have enjoyed other wonderful pleasures of life as a black woman. For months I have been emotionally and mentally worn out by the ongoing racial tensions that occur here in our country. I posted something last week about Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, and after studying it I saw that it too could affect the black race, but this right here hits it on the head for me. I know that many say, "Blacks should stop complaining." We complain, because we live in a country where we are subjected to ongoing racism, injustice, and discrimination. I dare not ask anyone to fully understand, but with it now having a name- I surely believe that this is what I am currently experiencing along with many other blacks here in the United States. I also am not asking for empathy or sympathy, but along with the other struggles that we endure to try to be successful and live a decent life, blacks do have additional burdens that we have to contend with living here in the USA.

Black America ‘suffering from racial battle fatigue’ after barrage of incidents | theGrio

I also like the segment from John Stewart last night, he truly gets it! We have to start addressing this problem that is homegrown and fix it.

If you live your real life like you post in City Data, it's no wonder you're exhausted.

Most every one of your posts is about how victimized you and the black race is. And how slavery is in your DNA. And how white people still believe they own blacks.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:57 AM

89,071 posts, read 44,906,239 times
Quote:

If they're so "fatigued" from it, maybe they should just dump their hate whitey attitude.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:00 AM

258 posts, read 157,761 times
lol. Just imagine how fatigued their neighbors are.

It's always worth keeping in mind that most of the uproar is things you read or see on mass media. Everyone is being played like a fine instrument.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:01 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,581,330 times
Eh, I get more emotionally fatigued trying to decide what I'm going to eat every day. Racial tension is nothing new. I'm not going to let the media play these games with me.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:41 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:

Everyone has had bad things happen I their history and persona life.

Suck it up.

Blacks could vote before females.

Just think about all the whites that died freeing blacks.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:51 AM

39,245 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Engaging in a long, serious discussion about race can be exhausting and infuriating, so pick your battles. Just as you don’t speak for your entire race, you’re not expected to to educate every tactless person who crosses your path.

I don't want to tell you what to do, I sure am not qualified to tell others what black people should do because I don't know what black folks have gone through. One thing I do know, however, is that not everyone out there is "racist". Focusing on racism is a waste of time. Racial tension exists, racists are here to stay. Nothing you can do to change this fact. But racism is no longer the biggest problem in America. White people suffer from racism too, honesty. (I have seen it)

I think it is a waste of time to focus your energy on race issues.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:09 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,544,634 times
Everyone is not racist, and of course we cannot generalize it to the whole population of white people. I guess for you all who believe that blacks should not suffer from racial battle fatique, you too would believe this about those who suffer from depression or PTSD? Correct? Should those who suffer from depression or PTSD not have a voice and just get over it?

The lack of human emotion and kindness is absent from many, and that is frightening. Is it that painful to recognize or accept that mistreatment of someone based on their skin color is actually debilitating for some who cannot accept this way of life. Speaks volumes about the ongoing denial of the ones who continue to spread and celebrate the hatred of others who do not share their skin tone.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:13 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:
Everyone is not racist, and of course we cannot generalize it to the whole population of white people. I guess for you all who believe that blacks should not suffer from racial battle fatique, you too would believe this about those who suffer from depression or PTSD? Correct? Should those who suffer from depression or PTSD not have a voice and just get over it?

The lack of human emotion and kindness is absent from many, and that is frightening. Is it that painful to recognize or accept that mistreatment of someone based on their skin color is actually debilitating for some who cannot accept this way of life. Speaks volumes about the ongoing denial of the ones who continue to spread and celebrate the hatred of others who do not share their skin tone.
Suffer from whatever you would like.

Enjoy.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:17 AM

30,461 posts, read 19,224,680 times
Quote:

Everyone (Black, white, yellow, brown) is racist there's just a higher standard of not demonstrating it among whites than blacks. I grew up in a majority black community and they (blacks) were racist and vocal about it...whites were racist too but mostly kept quiet about it except among themselves.

As far as battle fatigue, pick your battles better. You went to battle over a thug in Ferguson that robbed and bullied a small store owner and attacked a policeman on the day of his death. Then you went on a rampage over admittedly negligent police actions in Baltimore that I don't think had anything to do with race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies