Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 03:20 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times

Advertisements

You don't see our troops murdering people in the name of God do you?
No.

These muslims who are radical will murder all those who disagree with them in the name of their so called leader. Huge difference.

It's a shame that people defend these kinds of people and use our troops to make it out like they are doing something wrong. How dare you do that.

My 22 year old nephew is smart enough to see things many adults cannot, he has seen the improvement and has been hugged by 3-4 year old Iraqi kids who thank him for saving their lives. Adults do it to, you just dont see it on the Commi News Network like CNN.

People need to stop hating Bush so bad that they become blind to the real facts. I am not happy with allot of things he has done, but he has done very well as his main job.... commander in chief..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 03:42 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,716,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
You don't see our troops murdering people in the name of God do you?
No.

These muslims who are radical will murder all those who disagree with them in the name of their so called leader. Huge difference.
We kill in the name of oil and corporate interests. It's murder either way.

Quote:
It's a shame that people defend these kinds of people and use our troops to make it out like they are doing something wrong. How dare you do that.
The troops are only doing what they were ordered to. They signed up with the notion that they would be defending our country. When we went to root out UBL in Afghanistan, we were fully justified in our actions. We failed when we stopped at the Pakistan border and appeased a military dictator that we funded. We failed when we felt the need to establish a new government.

We then fell into the trap of invading Iraq under false pretense. Our troops are put in harms way under the command of our leaders, and they're not fighting for our freedom or our country... they're fighting a civil war in Iraq.

Quote:
My 22 year old nephew is smart enough to see things many adults cannot, he has seen the improvement and has been hugged by 3-4 year old Iraqi kids who thank him for saving their lives. Adults do it to, you just dont see it on the Commi News Network like CNN.
And we're doing this while our countrymen suffer. We're facing enormous debt and a crumbling economy because we've sold our soul to China to fund these wars.

If we were interested in saving people from genocide, we would be in countries with horrific human rights violations that don't have oil. But we're not...

Quote:
People need to stop hating Bush so bad that they become blind to the real facts. I am not happy with allot of things he has done, but he has done very well as his main job.... commander in chief..
Bush has done a horrible job, but so have 98% of our Congressmen. I don't care about the blame, but take your blinders off and realize that our actions don't exist in a vacuum. We are not always right, and we are not always the good guys. We don't always support the good guys. The notion of such is foolish and you would be letting pride overrule reason, clouding your judgment.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM

Oil... we got oil?

Where and when? Last time I checked we got NO OIL.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:30 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Oil... we got oil?

Aw, sure we do. We're Number 3 in production. And that doesn't include ANWR....

Top World Oil Producers, Exporters, Consumers, and Importers, 2006 — Infoplease.com

Old 01-22-2008, 04:40 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,716,950 times
Quote:
Oil... we got oil?

Hmm... Bush seems to think it's about oil.

Bush Says U.S. Pullout Would Let Iraq Radicals Use Oil as a Weapon - washingtonpost.com

Greenspan admitted it.

Greenspan: Ouster Of Hussein Crucial For Oil Security - washingtonpost.com

And it's interesting how we decided to attack after Hussein announced that he would no longer sell oil in dollars, requiring euros. Funny thing is, we started our campaign against Iran when they announced something similar...

Old 01-22-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Aw, sure we do. We're Number 3 in production. And that doesn't include ANWR....

Top World Oil Producers, Exporters, Consumers, and Importers, 2006 — Infoplease.com
Referring to the idea that we went into Iraq for Oil as twojciac posted above.

Tree huggers wont let us drill for oil which is taking a huge chunk of Americans money. Time to drill now and find other alternatives as we go.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:04 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,340 times
Few types of collective thinking are scarier than the assignment of collective guilt to the many for the deeds of the few (I think). There's so much "they did this," "they did that..." therefore everyone killed in one of these exercises is automatically a terrorist by virtue of their membership in "they," "they" being the people living in the countries where some terrorists happen to live or, in the case of Iraq, living in a country where there weren't so many terrorists at one point but there now are, as an indirect result of our millitary action.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:10 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
You mean there were good Nazis... misunderstood perhaps?

Old 01-22-2008, 06:26 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,340 times
There were certainly good Germans, and there were likely some otherwise good average joes (or average Hans-es, I guess) who signed up for the Nazi millitary or sympathized with their rule without knowing the full extent of their evil, which would probably make those average Hanses or Joes partially evil but not necessarily completely evil.

However, present-day Iraq is about as similar to Nazi Germany as a dolphin is to a toaster.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:28 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
There was a difference between a German and a Nazi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies