Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 11:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,893,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
No, white advocacy isn't promoted because there's no such thing as Asian Supremacy, Black Supremacy, Indigenous Supremacy. White people are the one's who mandated segregation and slavery, not the other way around. So calling for white advocacy is a way for the KKK to come about in cloaks. The only reason there is black, Asian, jewish, muslim, and indigenous advocacy is because they weren't allowed the same freedoms as whites were in their home countries, most likely prior colony, or the white countries, most likely a second class citizen. The reason why there are historically black colleges and universities is because blacks weren't allowed in white schools.

Oppression is called oppression because it is one sided. If a sane white person kills a black person he has a chance of getting off with the right resources. The other way around, forget about it. That being said, why do we need advocacy for the majority group that leads the way in civil liberties. What would white people possibly advocate for that others have that they don't? What do civil liberties do black have that whites don't? None. What civil liberties do whites have that blacks don't? Do you want me to start from the beginning?
To be perfectly frank, this above sounds like something a Nazi in the '30's would write about the Jewish-"they are bad and need to be diminished". It's down right alarming. If this isn't considered bigotry than nothing can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 01:04 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,448,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
White people don't need any advocacy because there is no institutional discrimination against them
Actually, whites in the U.S. are legally discriminated against via racial preferences for non-whites.

That's been true for a long time -- surprised you didn't know it.

Last edited by dechatelet; 07-05-2015 at 01:26 AM..

Old 07-05-2015, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
I am so sick and tired of white people crying about not being able to be proud of their whiteness. Every other group that proudly celebrates their pride had to struggle for the ability to be safely proud in public. The pride I feel as a black gay man comes from my ancestors over coming great adversity. It comes from me coming out at 15 and being bullied but refusing to take the easier road. You can not be proud of something you haven't worked for...
Whites work for all kinds of things and always have.

They created most of what we call civilization.

And they are the one race that opened itself up to multiculturalism and non-discrimination before any other races did.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:11 AM

14,707 posts, read 14,683,187 times
The concept of whiteness is rooted in white supremacy, and the idea of dividing people by skin color in the first place. Any "pride" from black, brown, yellow, red, etc stems from their victimization over not being white, and they have been relegated as a sub-culture (based strictly on their skin color) throughout American history.
Pride in European or religious roots which are "white" (i.e. Irish, Italian, Jewish, etc) is one thing; "white pride" by definition is rooted in white supremacy and oppression by "whites" over "non-whites", hence the backlash.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Whites work for all kinds of things and always have.

They created most of what we call civilization.

And they are the one race that opened itself up to multiculturalism and non-discrimination before any other races did.
Civilization existed long before "whites" divided themselves by skin color from everyone else. There was no concept of race on the basis of skin color before European movement to the New World.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
...there's no such thing as Asian Supremacy, Black Supremacy, Indigenous Supremacy.
Actually, there is and always has been.

History is a long story of oppression by humans against other humans based on race, ethnicity, religion, class, clan, tribe, etc.

White people are not unique for participating in this, but rather for putting an end to it.

Quote:
White people are the one's who mandated segregation and slavery, not the other way around. So calling for white advocacy is a way for the KKK to come about in cloaks. The only reason there is black, Asian, jewish, muslim, and indigenous advocacy is because they weren't allowed the same freedoms as whites were in their home countries
Blacks, Asians and Muslims participated in slavery.

Muslims murdered millions of people over a thousand years.

They're still practicing murder and slavery.

Just look at ISIS and Boko Haram.

Quote:
...That being said, why do we need advocacy for the majority group that leads the way in civil liberties. What would white people possibly advocate for that others have that they don't? What civil liberties do blacks have that whites don't?
Whites could start by advocating for an end to legal discrimination against whites in the form of racial preferences for non-whites.

Whites are the only racial group that can legally be discriminated against in America.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Civilization existed long before "whites" divided themselves by skin color from everyone else. There was no concept of race on the basis of skin color before European movement to the New World.
That doesn't refute anything I said.

Whites created most of civilization.

The concept of race is irrelevant to that fact.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Pride in European or religious roots which are "white" (i.e. Irish, Italian, Jewish, etc) is one thing; "white pride" by definition is rooted in white supremacy and oppression by "whites" over "non-whites", hence the backlash.
Most whites I know have ancestries from more than one European country.

So it is perfectly acceptable for them to celebrate their European or white heritage.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:33 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,893,683 times
Quote:
The concept of whiteness is rooted in white supremacy, and the idea of dividing people by skin color in the first place. Any "pride" from black, brown, yellow, red, etc stems from their victimization over not being white, and they have been relegated as a sub-culture (based strictly on their skin color) throughout American history.
This is NOT bigotry against whites .

Whites don't define themselves by skin color. White is just commonly used in place of Caucasian. Whites come in various shades of complexions. N. Africans and middle easterners and Jewish can define themselves as white, but they have their own separate culture. Whites define themselves by their heritage and hereditary. For purpose of American it's the heritage of people of western European descent.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
That doesn't refute anything I said.

Whites created most of civilization.

The concept of race is irrelevant to that fact.
That's true if you consider Persians, Egyptians and Chinese "white", most do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
This is NOT bigotry against whites .

Whites don't define themselves by skin color. White is just commonly used in place of Caucasian. Whites come in various shades of complexions. N. Africans and middle easterners and Jewish can define themselves as white, but they have their own separate culture. Whites define themselves by their heritage and hereditary. For purpose of American it's the heritage of people of western European descent.
I think you misread my post, because that's exactly my point. Most white people in America either celebrate their "American" heritage, or their ancestral cultural heritage (whether real or not): Irish, Italian, Jewish, Polish, etc. The ones who specifically celebrate "white pride" do so in a racist/separatist fashion, because "white" is not a true culture in our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies