Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 04:50 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
And today's Darwin Award nomination goes to......

Idiot white dude singlehandedly tries to take on mob.

Congrats.... idiot.
If it's a mob, then why are dangerous black mobs allowed to form and remain unopposed even right in front of government buildings? Who wins the Darwin Award for allowing and tolerating that? I'd nominate the white police officer for one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 05:10 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The "flag controversy" is simply a tactic to divert attention away from real issues that face America:

1. politicians who no longer represent thier constituents, but only thier own wallets
2. rougue supreme court
3. EPA out of control, creating laws not passed by Congress
4. out of control federal spending with no end in sight
5. manufacturing jobs bleeding to China and Mexico
6. open borders
7. a corrupt and lawless presidential administration rife with scandal

My ancestors were Yankees from Sherman's army. While I find it a little troubling to see a rebel flag fly in the North (we were Yankees here), I can understand the flag in the south, as it is a part of their heritage.

Keep in mind that slavery was maintained and fostered under the stars and stripes prior to the Civil War. Therefore, if one is to seek the abolishment of the rebel flag, maybe you should do the same for the stars and stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
To be fair... I see it on both sides of the aisle. Two sides of the same coin. The left tends to be all for exercising their free speech, so long as it is speech that they approve of (forcing the removal of the Confederate Flag, and removing monuments, or any references to a higher power for that matter, and destroying someone's livelihood if they disagree with that person's point of view). The right tends to be all for limiting intrusion in our private lives, unless it comes to what 2 people do in their bedrooms (gay marriage), or what they do with their bodies (smoking pot). And BOTH sides spend like drunken sailors, and pander to their elitist friends!
Very good posts. Fair and balanced.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Agreed-

After all, does the Confederate flag make any difference at all in the grand scheme of things? Of course not.

Meanwhile, our politicians, in league with corporate head and the bankers, are stealing us blind and exporting our jobs and livlihood to third world nations and destroying the middle class by importing a large slave cohort from Mexico.

If you are going to take down the Confederate flag, take down the stars and stripes while you are at it. The US flag presided over slavery much longer than the Rebel flag.
That's just being silly. Just say that you're a Confederate cause sympathizer and leave it at that. That'd be a lot more respectable.

This country has ONE flag, and we've chosen the Stars and Stripes. We had slave states and free states under the Stars and Stripes. The Confederacy was an ad hoc setup FOR slavery and its flag is a representation of that.

I'm not pulling this out of thin air...the Vice President of the Confederacy said as much:

Quote:
"Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition."
Straight from the horses' mouth.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's just being silly. Just say that you're a Confederate cause sympathizer and leave it at that. That'd be a lot more respectable.

This country has ONE flag, and we've chosen the Stars and Stripes. We had slave states and free states under the Stars and Stripes. The Confederacy was an ad hoc setup FOR slavery and its flag is a representation of that.

I'm not pulling this out of thin air...the Vice President of the Confederacy said as much:

Straight from the horses' mouth.
So everyone southern descended from slave owners and the VP of the Confederacy speaks for them? NOT.

Contrary to progressives thinking they have sole authority to define everyone and everything, a person not even a southerner can be supportive of the confederate flag for various reasons mentioned that have nothing to do with slavery.

Progressives: everything is about "slavery", "white supremacy" and "white privilege".

Old 07-01-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So everyone southern descended from slave owners and the VP of the Confederacy speaks for them? NOT.

Contrary to progressives thinking they have sole authority to define everyone and everything, a person not even a southerner can be supportive of the confederate flag for various reasons mentioned that have nothing to do with slavery.

Progressives: everything is about "slavery", "white supremacy" and "white privilege".
First of all, if you're not even a Southerner and you're supportive of the Confederate flag for whatever reasons...that's just super lame and worthy of copious amounts of ridicule. It's laughable even if you're a Southerner, but if you're not a southerner, you should be clowned mercilessly.

As to your first sentence...YEP!! The VP of the Confederacy speaks for EVERYBODY that's a Southern Cause sympathizer and a Confederate Flag supporter. Absolutely.

What...am i supposed to simply ignore the freakin' words of the VP of the CSA??? Really? Then who does he speak for if not for his (defunct) country and his country's cause?

Stop it.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First of all, if you're not even a Southerner and you're supportive of the Confederate flag for whatever reasons...that's just super lame and worthy of copious amounts of ridicule. It's laughable even if you're a Southerner, but if you're not a southerner, you should be clowned mercilessly.

As to your first sentence...YEP!! The VP of the Confederacy speaks for EVERYBODY that's a Southern Cause sympathizer and a Confederate Flag supporter. Absolutely.

What...am i supposed to simply ignore the freakin' words of the VP of the CSA??? Really? Then who does he speak for if not for his (defunct) country and his country's cause?

Stop it.
And by that token if you are not a southerner it's super lame and ridiculous for you to be against the confederate flag. And every Northern VP did not speak for or everyone in the north to this day. I don't know why I dignify your posts to me with a reply.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:12 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Agreed-

After all, does the Confederate flag make any difference at all in the grand scheme of things? Of course not.

Meanwhile, our politicians, in league with corporate head and the bankers, are stealing us blind and exporting our jobs and livlihood to third world nations and destroying the middle class by importing a large slave cohort from Mexico.

If you are going to take down the Confederate flag, take down the stars and stripes while you are at it. The US flag presided over slavery much longer than the Rebel flag.
They are already working on that - Big Plans for the 4th of July

American flag-burning event set for Brooklyn ahead of 4th of July holiday|Washington Times

ALL of this nonsense is a Political Ploy for a "Get out the Vote" for the Democrats.
They have to keep the Black Community all stirred up and try to get them to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE.

Victimhood is their only answer, their only play.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And by that token if you are not a southerner it's super lame and ridiculous for you to be against the confederate flag. And every Northern VP did not speak for or everyone in the north to this day. I don't know why I dignify your posts to me with a reply.
I'm not against the flag. I'm just not FOR the flag either. It's meaningless to me.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:23 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Wasn't that Black mob the same ones that just looted the Macon Walmart?

Old 07-02-2015, 05:25 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You dont have to hit someone to incite a riot under South Carolina law, you just have to be the initial cause of the incident and, based on what i posted below, he seems to have been the problem.

South Carolina Bench Book for Summary Court Judges - Crimes and Offenses Section
The SAME criteria should be applied to every black uprising where they loot and burn.

Evey time sharpton goes to one of these site and "stirs"up the mob with his racists attacks.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

Do you agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies