Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 06:52 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
How about this; LIFE happens, and we were not always in a $hitty situation....but you seem to live in a butterfly & unicorn world to think that nothing bad can ever happen to someone, and that planning your life doesn't work in 100% of the cases.

My only mistake was to stay at home after my employer only have me 6 weeks maternity leave, which was a JOKE, only for them to move the business elsewhere...so I could t even return there...I don't make "their" decisions.

If you don't know me personally, and my situation please refrain from judging me, and my family. That's rude.

Do you think it ok for me to not find employment? And be discriminated and assumed an idiot??? I don't think that's ok. I know people who are employed and all they do is complain about it! How's that ok???
Precisely because "life happens" is why I advocate for scrupulous planning and execution. Then you are in a better position to deal with "life happens". You didn't do that, and now you are at the mercy of those around you with heaps of "need" and no way out. If you had done things my way, you would have had a 100K "child fund" in the bank before even thinking about popping out a rug rat. Then when "life happens" you have some chance at dealing with it and remaining happy and effective. Nobody can predict a truly unanticipated disaster. Cancer, war, a car accident. Pregnancy doesn't qualify. Unemployment doesn't qualify. It's totally predictable that if you hump, there's a chance. It's totally predictable that a job in 2015 is fleeting and unemployment savings are mandatory. Knowing that, plan accordingly and execute.

The point of this is not to criticize you; it is to use your situation to educate others. Many people do what you did, and that is a problem for society. If you are single and healthy, all of the nonsense you are now going through can be prevented by saving money, then acting, rather then acting first without the money.

Plan, save, act. Acting comes last.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:01 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Precisely because "life happens" is why I advocate for scrupulous planning and execution. Then you are in a better position to deal with "life happens". You didn't do that, and now you are at the mercy of those around you with heaps of "need" and no way out. If you had done things my way, you would have had a 100K "child fund" in the bank before even thinking about popping out a rug rat. Then when "life happens" you have some chance at dealing with it and remaining happy and effective. Nobody can predict a truly unanticipated disaster. Cancer, war, a car accident. Pregnancy doesn't qualify. Unemployment doesn't qualify. It's totally predictable that if you hump, there's a chance. It's totally predictable that a job in 2015 is fleeting and unemployment savings are mandatory. Knowing that, plan accordingly and execute.

The point of this is not to criticize you; it is to use your situation to educate others. Many people do what you did, and that is a problem for society. If you are single and healthy, all of the nonsense you are now going through can be prevented by saving money, then acting, rather then acting first without the money.

This has got to be one of the most comical statements I've heard in a long time. Anyway, from a person who likely made lots of money selling homes to people knowing they'd eventually be foreclosed on or strapped, it's rather ridiculous for you to proclaim an honest person "made her own hell".

Old 07-04-2015, 11:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
No, it's not that much. Cost of Baby Delivery - Consumer Information and Prices Paid - CostHelper.com

By the way, most group health insurance covers pregnancy, and some individual policies cover pregnancy. Haven't checked Obamacare, but wouldn't be surprised if pregnancy is covered.

However, if it were that much, and if it is that much, then only those who HAVE that much should have children. So correct. I am saying poor people should definitely not have children. Having children is not a right, it is a choice.

It is immoral, irrational, and irresponsible to have children that you cannot COMPLETELY PAY FOR: LOCK, STOCK, AND BARREL. Including education, preferably private, since I consider public schools to be a form of social indoctrination and child abuse.

So yes, it costs LOTS OF $$$ BREAD $$$ to have a kid, and you should not have any kids until you have $$$ LOTS OF BREAD $$$. That is the moral and responsible way to do it, and will yield the best kids who turn into the best adults.
I don't know about that theory. Have you seen how Kathy Hilton's kids turned out?

You have extreme views; private school is not necessary but a good public school system is.

The wealthy do not necessarily turn out good, moral, people. At all.

At the other extreme - should you have 6 kids when you are dirt poor and unmarried? Probably not.

There IS a happy medium and having children is NOT only for the wealthy.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know about that theory. Have you seen how Kathy Hilton's kids turned out?

You have extreme views; private school is not necessary but a good public school system is.

The wealthy do not necessarily turn out good, moral, people. At all.

At the other extreme - should you have 6 kids when you are dirt poor and unmarried? Probably not.

There IS a happy medium and having children is NOT only for the wealthy.
Wealthy, schmealthy, I don't do class wars. Having children is for anyone who can afford to pay for all their expenses without victimizing those around them. Whatever money is required to do that is the correct amount of money to have before having kids. It's an objective and easily determinable amount, and it is an objective activity to be carefully planned before execution.

Anyone who does that will have happiness and stability, which will then be most likely to lead to happy kids, no divorce, optimism, etc.

Let's be happy since it's a choice that we can all make.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
This has got to be one of the most comical statements I've heard in a long time. Anyway, from a person who likely made lots of money selling homes to people knowing they'd eventually be foreclosed on or strapped, it's rather ridiculous for you to proclaim an honest person "made her own hell".
Anyone who buys a home is 100% responsible for EVERYTHING that can go right or wrong with that purchase. Nobody put a gun to anyone's head and demanded that they overpay for a house in a heated marketplace. That is the fault of the individual for using emotion instead of reason to analyze the situation and make a productive decision.

When you buy something that is part of a market, you may win, and you may lose. That's reality. Anyone who jumps in assumes full responsibility for acquiring the requisite knowledge to participate rationally.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:42 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:

So YOU are either a millionaire or celibate, right? Ok good.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:43 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The only difference is that you did not listen to them. President Clinton actually apologized to the descendants and family members of black lynching victims in the 1990s. And I find it odd you didn't mention the 1930s or 1940s or 1950s or 1960s or 1970s. Black issues have always been spoken of in regards to this country since its inception. You just take the black guy more seriously and you get defensive about what he says when the things he says, if they were spoken of by a white male president, like President Clinton, then you just feel all good about what you as a white person have done to make amends.
Has any POTUS apologized to the Jews for not admitting them to the U.S. during the Shoah? For quotas limiting their admission to universities and graduate schools. For discrimination against them through the 1960's at law firms, insurance companies etc. for hiring? Where's the apologies or mea culpas here?

I guess some ethnic groups would rather work, accomplish and overcome obstacles. The leaders of others would rather stir the pot so that their influence and donations multiply. If blacks deserve an apology in other words, so do Jews. We're 1.8% of the population after all.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:48 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
This is the problem. People make bad decisions, arrive at an impossible situation, then start screaming injustice, then look for a political way to steal from others.

Why do you have 3 kids, not 1, not 2, but 3, when you don't have any money? You should have had a ton of savings and a husband with lots of savings and a good job and a house, before having not 1, not 2, but 3, kids.

In fact you should have had zero kids until you could comfortably afford them. Comfortably, easily, enjoyably. It's so simple, yet the mistake is made over, and over, and over again.

You made your own hell. And now you're complaining. Could it have ended up any other way after you made a string of terrible decisions?

This is the single biggest mistake that people make to destroy their lives. Doing things out of order. Doing things that should not be done. Choosing disaster, then looking for victims (government programs) to correct the mistake.

Here is a different approach:

"I Made A Huge Sacrifice To Buy My Dream Home"

We don't need new politicians or collectivistic solutions that effectively turn the citizenry into a band of pirates. WE NEED BETTER CITIZENS! WE NEED TO BE SMARTER WITH OUT OWN LIVES! And yes, I include myself in this.
I couldn't agree with you more.

I have actually put in time as a volunteer legal assistant trying to help the black community.

During 1982, I worked as a legal assistant in a legal services program for the poor. This shows that I put action behind my words bout helping poor people. I was not being paid. During this time, the painter for one of the contractors engaged to rehabilitate slum housing in Westchester County, New York took a liking to a 13 year old girl in one of the apartments he was painting. Can anyone tell us why the 13 year old girl wasn't in school, and wound up pregnant by the painter? Is this a worthwhile use of taxpayer and government money?

The even-more-liberal attorney I was working under had, let us say, a very serious difference of opinion with me about this matter. I asked her what the 13 year old girl's mother did for a living. She said "she's a mother." If she was being a full time mother, then, how did her daughter wind up pregnant at the age of 13 by a painter? And what net gain did those legal services I helped provide give to the poor people? Probably none.

My point in all of this is that poor people do things that doom them and, worse, their offspring to continuing and grinding poverty, such as ensuring the dwellings they inhabit are, by and by, ruined.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:17 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,612,940 times
Quote:
Wealthy, schmealthy, I don't do class wars. Having children is for anyone who can afford to pay for all their expenses without victimizing those around them. Whatever money is required to do that is the correct amount of money to have before having kids. It's an objective and easily determinable amount, and it is an objective activity to be carefully planned before execution.

Anyone who does that will have happiness and stability, which will then be most likely to lead to happy kids, no divorce, optimism, etc.

Let's be happy since it's a choice that we can all make.
Hahahahahahahahaha
Your ignorance is hilarious!!!!

Maybe stick your head out of that imaginary bubble you live in, and notice how if what you're saying would be true, Earth's population would be numbered in 2 digits! Thanks for the laugh Peter Pan!

Old 07-04-2015, 06:11 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I couldn't agree with you more.

I have actually put in time as a volunteer legal assistant trying to help the black community.

During 1982, I worked as a legal assistant in a legal services program for the poor. This shows that I put action behind my words bout helping poor people. I was not being paid. During this time, the painter for one of the contractors engaged to rehabilitate slum housing in Westchester County, New York took a liking to a 13 year old girl in one of the apartments he was painting. Can anyone tell us why the 13 year old girl wasn't in school, and wound up pregnant by the painter? Is this a worthwhile use of taxpayer and government money?

The even-more-liberal attorney I was working under had, let us say, a very serious difference of opinion with me about this matter. I asked her what the 13 year old girl's mother did for a living. She said "she's a mother." If she was being a full time mother, then, how did her daughter wind up pregnant at the age of 13 by a painter? And what net gain did those legal services I helped provide give to the poor people? Probably none.

My point in all of this is that poor people do things that doom them and, worse, their offspring to continuing and grinding poverty, such as ensuring the dwellings they inhabit are, by and by, ruined.
Because the painter was a pedophile would be my guess. "Taking a liking to" a 13-year-old in my book means being friendly, not getting them pregnant.

I mean, seriously... A child gets pregnant by an adult man and it's all her and her mother's fault for making bad choices? What about it being HIS FAULT for preying on an adolescent girl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies