Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 12:02 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times

Advertisements

Girl, 13, Arrested For Vicious Videotaped Attack On Classmate, Small Boy | The Smoking Gun

When liberals ask why blacks make up the majority of prison inmates (despite making up 12% of the population), one needs to be reminded that blacks commit most of the crimes.

Urban black culture fosters violence, rejection of education and a strong work ethic. Mix that with single parent families and you have a breeding ground for criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 12:04 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
liberals also need to ask themselves why the incarceration rate for blacks was alot lower in the 1960 than it is today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Girl, 13, Arrested For Vicious Videotaped Attack On Classmate, Small Boy | The Smoking Gun

When liberals ask why blacks make up the majority of prison inmates (despite making up 12% of the population), one needs to be reminded that blacks commit most of the crimes.

Urban black culture fosters violence, rejection of education and a strong work ethic. Mix that with single parent families and you have a breeding ground for criminals.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:09 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,719,194 times
Quote:

What does the video have to do with the rest of your post?

Old 06-29-2015, 12:10 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
liberals also need to ask themselves why the incarceration rate for blacks was alot lower in the 1960 than it is today?
Because drug penalties were stiffened during the 1980's in response to the proliferation of crack and other drugs. Previously, prison sentences were much shorter and prosecutions themselves much less common. The new combination meant more folks in prison.

Ken

Old 06-29-2015, 12:16 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:

Poor people commit most of the crime.
A higher percentage of blacks are poor than any other race.
Hence, a higher percentage of blacks will end up in jail.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that. Other factors play a part too of course, but at it's core that's the biggest factor. Blacks have always been the poorest group in the country and have always had the largest percentage of folks in jail - even BEFORE the emergence of the "urban black culture" you mention.

Ken

Old 06-29-2015, 12:25 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
the fetish continues

Old 06-29-2015, 12:36 PM

934 posts, read 595,771 times
I assume you are posting black crime stats in response to the carolina shooting

Two wrongs dont make a right

Old 06-29-2015, 12:47 PM

574 posts, read 689,926 times
I am a black who has successfully made it out of one of the poorest communities in the US. The set of circumstances that the poor black community has to deal with is astounding. The amount of social, financial, and political neglect that our communities receive is amazing. Before you go judging, you would have to know what it was like to grow up in one of those types of places. I'm not one to make excuses, and on my facebook page I literally post messages daily to uplift my facebook friends who embrace that lifestyle and to show them a better way. I also let them know that you can't blame others for your problems, even though the set up of our country tends to influence these behaviors. Think about this for a second. Education is the number one way for upward class mobility, yet we have the poorest/worst schools. Jobs give people a reason not to deal drugs, yet the black community is very lacking in employment. Who makes/sells the guns that blacks use to kill? Who let's all the drugs in the country? Who controls the media and the music that gets radio play, which is arguably the biggest influence on the black community, especially the ones who are in the streets. Give our fathers drugs to sell, they sell it to the community and poisons it, the father gets locked up, and now you have a single mother raising children and the cycle repeats itself. The influence is a strong one and only a few of us seem to be able to rise above it. Not making excuses, but if you never lived through it you probably won't understand it.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:57 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ambitious View Post
I am a black who has successfully made it out of one of the poorest communities in the US. The set of circumstances that the poor black community has to deal with is astounding. The amount of social, financial, and political neglect that our communities receive is amazing. Before you go judging, you would have to know what it was like to grow up in one of those types of places. I'm not one to make excuses, and on my facebook page I literally post messages daily to uplift my facebook friends who embrace that lifestyle and to show them a better way. I also let them know that you can't blame others for your problems, even though the set up of our country tends to influence these behaviors. Think about this for a second. Education is the number one way for upward class mobility, yet we have the poorest/worst schools. Jobs give people a reason not to deal drugs, yet the black community is very lacking in employment. Who makes/sells the guns that blacks use to kill? Who let's all the drugs in the country? Who controls the media and the music that gets radio play, which is arguably the biggest influence on the black community, especially the ones who are in the streets. Give our fathers drugs to sell, they sell it to the community and poisons it, the father gets locked up, and now you have a single mother raising children and the cycle repeats itself. The influence is a strong one and only a few of us seem to be able to rise above it. Not making excuses, but if you never lived through it you probably won't understand it.
"Before you go judging, you would have to know what it was like to grow up in one of those types of places.

" Not making excuses, but if you never lived through it you probably won't understand it."

The saying "Walking a mile in another mans boots" comes to mind and the rush to judgment never tells the whole story.

Pulling myself out of poverty with education was the route I took, and it worked well.

How did you learn the route out, and who served as the example?

Old 06-29-2015, 01:18 PM

574 posts, read 689,926 times
Luckily, I had a two parent household and parents that valued education, unlike a lot of my friends/class mates. My younger brothers and sisters were even fortunate enough to go to private school to minimize the effect of our local environment. In my case, I had the option of going to private school my freshman year of high school but opted not to. I was always a strong minded person who felt like anything was possible. I was also very involved in afterschool activities, boys and girls clubs, sports, and things to keep me away from all those influences. The sad part is now a lot of those programs have been cut due to funding reasons, so kids have no escape from the madness in our communities. Parents are poor, so they look up to the drug dealers who have all the nice cars and clothes that poor kids dream they can have. All the girls want the drug dealers, because of the perception that they have money, and money is so hard to come by in a lot of areas. Then you have the media/music depicting a message that its cool to deal drugs and that is the best way not to live poor, even though most rappers were never big time drug dealers. Poor people want money, which leads to drug dealing in some cases, which leads to war over drug turf, which contributes to a lot of killing that goes on in our neighborhood. All most people see is the end result and base their judgments off of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies