Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 08:02 PM

288 posts, read 212,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
NO, you are wrong, without cheap labor from illegals, a lot of the jobs they support will either disappear or go overseas, Alabama is the clear example that we can not survive without illegals, where their agriculture sector collapsed after illegals ran away from the state, Alabama in fact reversed their anti illegals laws, however illegals never returned, and agriculture remains deeply affected, and there are thousands of farm owners in peril, all to play it nice to the radical right of this country. Those "greedy" employers you talk about, make it possible for so many others to survive despite their lazy and nasty ways, I prefer an illegal before any useless lazy bum, which we have tens of millions of in this country, regarding the illegal haters, well you will have to learn to live with it....
Please learn how to quote correctly, thanks. How many times do you have to be told that there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers? Alabama growers or any others that used illegal aliens to pick their crops have only themselves to blame. Only 3% of illegals are picking crops anyway. Most of the other jobs that illegal aliens are doing cannot be outsourced. For example, construction, restaurant and landscaping jobs. Right, the ole argument that Americans are lazy bums to justify illegal immigration into our country. We've heard all of those lies before.

I don't know how you slipped off my ignore list but back on you go. I can't stand to read your posts anymore. They are actually making me ill.

Again, the quotes are messed up.[/quote]

I've noticed how constricted the group of haters in this forum has become, is it that many people realized how futile their struggle is? is it that many have become pro illegals? god knows, I try to give a scoop of reality to all of you in denial of the value of illegals to our country, some of you only want to hear what you like to hear..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 08:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
Please learn how to quote correctly, thanks. How many times do you have to be told that there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers? Alabama growers or any others that used illegal aliens to pick their crops have only themselves to blame. Only 3% of illegals are picking crops anyway. Most of the other jobs that illegal aliens are doing cannot be outsourced. For example, construction, restaurant and landscaping jobs. Right, the ole argument that Americans are lazy bums to justify illegal immigration into our country. We've heard all of those lies before.

I don't know how you slipped off my ignore list but back on you go. I can't stand to read your posts anymore. They are actually making me ill.

Again, the quotes are messed up.

I've noticed how constricted the group of haters in this forum has become, is it that many people realized how futile their struggle is? is it that many have become pro illegals? god knows, I try to give a scoop of reality to all of you in denial of the value of illegals to our country, some of you only want to hear what you like to hear..
El Arresmillao: I don't believe a word you say, sorry. The US does NOT "need" illegal aliens to survive. Australia has very few illegals because it's real tough to swim across an ocean and, that country locks their kind up on sight. Too; word is Australia is a rather decent place to live and make a living.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:20 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:

First of all---After being told several times that you need to learn how to properly quote, you are still doing it wrong. Why is that? Is it deliberate on your part or do you need some instruction on how to do it? If it is the latter, at least ask how to do it.

If anyone is a "hater" it is you. You seem to have no problems throwing Puerto Ricans under the bus despite being told how much they have been hurt by illegal immigration. What makes this even worse is that you claim to be Puerto Rican.

Illegals are parasites who have no value to this country.

The vast majority don't get any employer benefits from their jobs. So, to take an example, who do you think pays for it when those day laborers who hang out on street corners or in front of stores needs to go to the doctor? Who do you think pays for the births of their anchor babies? Who do you think pays for the education of said anchor babies and illegal alien kids? The answer to all these questions is ---the taxpayer. Since most illegals either use stolen IDs (do you even care about all those native-born Puerto Ricans who have been hurt by ID theft by illegals?), a fake SSN (if that fake SSN belongs to a living person, that person gets put into a world of hurt) or they get paid under the table (thereby making them tax evaders), illegals don't pay federal or state taxes.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
First of all---After being told several times that you need to learn how to properly quote, you are still doing it wrong. Why is that? Is it deliberate on your part or do you need some instruction on how to do it? If it is the latter, at least ask how to do it.

If anyone is a "hater" it is you. You seem to have no problems throwing Puerto Ricans under the bus despite being told how much they have been hurt by illegal immigration. What makes this even worse is that you claim to be Puerto Rican.

Illegals are parasites who have no value to this country.

The vast majority don't get any employer benefits from their jobs. So, to take an example, who do you think pays for it when those day laborers who hang out on street corners or in front of stores needs to go to the doctor? Who do you think pays for the births of their anchor babies? Who do you think pays for the education of said anchor babies and illegal alien kids? The answer to all these questions is ---the taxpayer. Since most illegals either use stolen IDs (do you even care about all those native-born Puerto Ricans who have been hurt by ID theft by illegals?), a fake SSN (if that fake SSN belongs to a living person, that person gets put into a world of hurt) or they get paid under the table (thereby making them tax evaders), illegals don't pay federal or state taxes.
The bottom line is that illegals are cheap labor, the other stuff is just collateral, we still need them, otherwise they would not be working here, I don't know why is that so difficult for some people to understand...

Old 07-29-2015, 05:16 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Default Illegel is still wrong.

No matter who some pro Illegal groups and open border position the debate, Illegal Immigrants are still breaking basic Federal Immigration Law. it get to be more serious when Illegals aliens , like Mr. Sanchez commits murder and has along list of Felonies to date.

Americans are questioning the Sanctuary City concept and is discovering the host of other crimes this brings.

Lets Keep Focused on passing Kate's Law!

Old 07-29-2015, 05:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
The bottom line is that illegals are cheap labor, the other stuff is just collateral, we still need them, otherwise they would not be working here, I don't know why is that so difficult for some people to understand...
Nobody "needs" cheap labor. Sorry. There are lots of Americans who WILL work but; can't because they're undercut by illegal aliens.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:05 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Oh good grief!

This is how it works---illegal immigration is out of control and no politicians---on either side of the aisle---have the courage to put a stop to this nonsense.

As a result, sleazy employers hire illegals over American citizens. Why? Because illegals are cheap and exploitable labor. Sleazy employers can get away with not paying them well and not giving them benefits and many times, the work environment is unsafe. Even worse---there is lots of child labor happening because---remember all those victims of ID theft I mentioned? You know, many of whom are Puerto Ricans---some illegals who are under 16 get ahold of stolen IDs that say the illegal is old enough to work. Sleazy employers don't look too carefully. And even if an employer was concerned, s/he isn't allowed to question the illegal about his/her age. Of course, if more employers used E-verify, it would cut down on all of this.

With millions of illegals in this country, they have become a dime a dozen. One illegal gets deported or quits, there are others to take their place.

A couple of years ago, a local chain restaurant was discovered to have 100 illegals working in their flagship restaurant. Of course, they had to get rid of the illegals. And guess what? With abrupt departure of those illegals, the restaurant never missed a beat---things kept running smoothly. Why? Because Americans and legal immigrants quickly filled those jobs.

When ICE was allowed to do raids, when processing plants and factories got raided, Americans would line up that very same day to apply for those jobs.

Once again---You should be ashamed of yourself. You claim to be Puerto Rican yet you gleefully throw Puerto Ricans under the bus. You don't care that so many have been victims of ID theft by illegals and the unskilled PRs have been displaced in the work force by illegals.

BTW, I hope that you realize that when the PR government declared all PR-issued birth certificates null and void, that if you haven't gotten a new copy of yours (assuming you really were born there) then even your original copy is now worthless.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:17 PM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
I don't know why it is so difficult for some to understand that only some greedy employers want/need illegals to increase their profits while breaking the law to do so. It's not that the employers can't find good American workers at a fair wage. The rest of us don't need them for anything and in fact they are costing us dearly in so many ways. I guess the agenda really runs deep with some and we know what the agenda is. We aren't stupid.

I ask again, if we truly need these millions of illegal aliens to fill jobs here then why doesn't the government increase visas for legal, foreign workers? The answer is obvious.....we don't.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:40 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Like most americans, I am enraged with the killing of this young beautiful girl by an illegal person, and measures should be taken, I believe however, that this is a hyperbolic reaction triggered by entities with an agenda like fox news, and obviously all right wing radicals are game. What we need is a comprehensive immigration reform, that addresses these issues in a logical and non emotional fashion. We know that this is an extremely rare event, in fact, illegals, and recent legal immigrants are the groups of people with the lowest incidence of crime in the USA, meaning that the higher proportion of illegals in USA would result in a lower crime rate. On the other hand, we just experienced another mass murder today in LA, by another crazy white guy, and which has become the norm in our country, and I ask myself, where is the anger and outrage about this cases, which occur so often in our society... The idiotic response by the radical right is that guns dont kill people, god help us....
Wow, I could not disagree with you more.

Not only do you speak as if your claim of illegal immigrant crime levels are accurate, but you use sweeping generalizations regarding mass murderers and claim it "has become the norm in our country".
That comment is absurd, and really calls into question your reasoning.

My view as it relates to the proposed "Kate's Law", is that our existing system is not being enforced. While I would prefer existing laws to be enforced, maybe "Kate's Law" if passed and enforced, will help prevent another similar tragedy from occurring.

Since you sound like you are a leftist, I assume that when you hear someone from Obama & Co like Napolitano claim the border is secure, you buy into it.
Even many moderates who are not as invested in partisan debate assume scum like the guy who killed Steinle are not roaming our streets with impunity.
But like myself, when I heard this scumbag has committed multiple felonies and has been deported multiple times, I have to stop and reassess the situation. For example, I was not aware that we supposedly have hundreds of "sanctuary cities" across this country. It is shocking to me that city councils can and do set up sanctuary for lawless people and get away with it. Thus it mist not be commonly known, as that would be a valuable tool for any challenger to use against an incumbent. I apparently live in one of these "sanctuary cites" and am completely oblivious to that fact (I am now looking into it). So a despicable story like this brings things to peoples attention they were not aware of. How you blame Fox news for this is alos a mystery to me, as they are only reporting on what happened. Unless you would prefer people live in ignorant bliss if it suits your political agenda

One wonders if a so called "sanctuary city" can be set up for federal tax evaders? One wonders the Obama administration would support that?

--

On a side note, why do you choose not to use proper capitalization for Americans and Fox news?

[Rest assured I am not part of the grammar/punctuation police, instead I inquire because some people intentionally choose not to capitalize, as some form of personal issue they have.
Example, a black CD poster who capitalizes Black people, but not white people. They also will not capitalize USA, America, God and a few others. It seems petty to me, but helps to give insight into the persons mind]

`

Old 07-30-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Wow, I could not disagree with you more.

Not only do you speak as if your claim of illegal immigrant crime levels are accurate, but you use sweeping generalizations regarding mass murderers and claim it "has become the norm in our country".
That comment is absurd, and really calls into question your reasoning.

My view as it relates to the proposed "Kate's Law", is that our existing system is not being enforced. While I would prefer existing laws to be enforced, maybe "Kate's Law" if passed and enforced, will help prevent another similar tragedy from occurring.

Since you sound like you are a leftist, I assume that when you hear someone from Obama & Co like Napolitano claim the border is secure, you buy into it.
Even many moderates who are not as invested in partisan debate assume scum like the guy who killed Steinle are not roaming our streets with impunity.
But like myself, when I heard this scumbag has committed multiple felonies and has been deported multiple times, I have to stop and reassess the situation. For example, I was not aware that we supposedly have hundreds of "sanctuary cities" across this country. It is shocking to me that city councils can and do set up sanctuary for lawless people and get away with it. Thus it mist not be commonly known, as that would be a valuable tool for any challenger to use against an incumbent. I apparently live in one of these "sanctuary cites" and am completely oblivious to that fact (I am now looking into it). So a despicable story like this brings things to peoples attention they were not aware of. How you blame Fox news for this is alos a mystery to me, as they are only reporting on what happened. Unless you would prefer people live in ignorant bliss if it suits your political agenda

One wonders if a so called "sanctuary city" can be set up for federal tax evaders? One wonders the Obama administration would support that?

--

On a side note, why do you choose not to use proper capitalization for Americans and Fox news?

[Rest assured I am not part of the grammar/punctuation police, instead I inquire because some people intentionally choose not to capitalize, as some form of personal issue they have.
Example, a black CD poster who capitalizes Black people, but not white people. They also will not capitalize USA, America, God and a few others. It seems petty to me, but helps to give insight into the persons mind]

`
Well, facts are facts just review the study by the pew research center, regarding crime incidence among illegals, I respect the fact that you don't like illegals, my position is that they are needed, and current forces will make them be in demand for the foreseeable future....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies