Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 07:02 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,784,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
In fact, it's simply a matter of the parasite finding another host.

That's what's been happening since the "white flight" from the cities to the suburbs that began 50 or so years ago. It decimated the city tax base, and the takers followed the producers to the suburbs via Sect. 8, bringing the same problems with them that they had in the cities. Now that a number of producers, especially younger ones, are finding renovated city buildings converted into lofts attractive, the takers are now being forced into upper-class neighborhoods via "affordable" homes, with the gubment threatening to withhold funds (uh...that'd be money siphoned from the producers' paychecks) unless towns don't change their zoning laws to accommodate this housing amidst their mansions.

It's a vicious cycle, really.
Every government program is a vicious cycle. People should be able to live wherever they choose and the federal government should not be involved at all.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:08 AM

59,324 posts, read 27,496,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is a lie. This is not new. It is part of the fair housing act passed in the late 1960's following the murder of MLK.

All President Obama is doing is trying to fulfill the law of desegregation.

But this gives rise to another point.

We often hear how America isn't a racist society.

Yet we continue to have extremely racially segregated neighborhoods.

In a non racist society, the race or ethnicity of one's neighbors is irrelevant and not a factor at all.

If people aren't racist then this has to be the case.

Anything else involves people making decisions on the race of their neighbors because certain races behave this or that way, which is connecting behavior with skin color which is racist.

So which one is it America?

If racism is dead and race is irrelevant why is the race of your neighbors so important when deciding where to live?

Why is there still a legal need for the fair housing act passed in the late 1960's to be enforced?
"Yet we continue to have extremely racially segregated neighborhoods." By CHOICE! Or maybe you didn't KNOW that.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:11 AM

59,324 posts, read 27,496,729 times
Quote:
Not telling people how to live. It is enforcing the law passed in 1968 for fair housing for all Americans.

Either you believe people shouldn't be relegated to certain areas because of their skin color or you don't.

It serves no city, state, or the federal government to allow racially segregated neighborhoods which violate our laws unless they support racism.
"Either you believe people shouldn't be relegated to certain areas because of their skin color or you don't.

Please give supporting data that ANYBODY has been forcibly MOVED by FORCE because of their skin color.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:11 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,297,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
"This week the Department of Housing and Urban Development settled with the largest bank headquartered in Wisconsin over claims that it discriminated from 2008-2010 against black and Hispanic borrowers in Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. The bank, Associated Bank, denies wrongdoing in the settlement, but HUD itself is declaring victory in "one of the largest redlining complaints" ever brought by the federal government against a mortgage lender."

Redlining: Still a thing - The Washington Post

Fair Lending: Redlining In the 21st Century?

Redlining: Banks Still Restricting Home Loans In “Non-White” Areas | The UpTake

You were saying?
I don't know why refinancing for property in non white neighborhoods would be harder to get. Can't be property values. Must be racism.

Quote:
Ruby Brown, a NOC board member, also spoke at the press conference. Brown fought for two years against Bank of America for refusing to modify her mortgage. Finally, after a national campaign, she was able to get her home refinanced within a week. “I should not have to go to that extreme to get help,” she said. “To this day I’m fighting for a principal reduction. My house is still under water.”
Oh yes. Indeed it is racism. The only reason Ruby didn't get her loan redone and still has to fight for principle reduction is the color of her skin. Can't be that the bank just doesn't want to lose money. It is just plain old racism!

Old 07-12-2015, 07:23 AM

29,223 posts, read 22,437,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshoe View Post
Wonder what?

The Fair Housing Act's purposes are quite clear. Application has been the difficult part.

All social legislation, conservative or liberal, is always a work in progress. All address a social need, and social needs continually change, and come and go. Cities change, as do sciences like sociology, which are used to create potential solutions to social problems.

None of it is ever fixed and settled for good, as nothing ever stays the same forever. What once worked yesterday never means it will continue to work forever, but the common good is always our government's prime responsibility, and ways to best achieve the common good will always be sought as things change.

Segregation has proven to be bad for the United States. It is a problem that will always remain party experimental, as its a problem that is always shifting and re-developing. The goal will never shift, but the means will, along with the changes that always come through time.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:54 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,746,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshoe View Post

Great! I need help in the field!!! Hope nobody complains when I hire a bunch of AA people to help out in the field working!!!!

Old 07-12-2015, 08:20 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,414,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I've never heard anyone say racism is dead except you.
racism is dead, had been since the early 70's. what we are seeing is an excuse to get something for free.

the flag coming down, it wasnt hurting anybody and hasnt but they needed an excuse. they could of pull that flag down in three minute, kinda lost the flag from going back up and then nobody would had an excuse for the fan fare we had all week.

so yes racism is dead,

Old 07-12-2015, 08:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,744,182 times
Quote:
Exactly. This has been the law of the land for decades. It's just never been enforced. It's sad that Zpresident Obama waited so long to try and enforce this law.

Again, these towns, cities, suburbs, etc take federal and state money given by the state or the federal government to support those towns, cities, suburbs, etc, this money comes from all people.

These Cities, towns, suburbs, etc as a condition to get this money have to say they are going to take steps to end residential racial segregation, and in turn these towns, cities, suburbs, etc are proven liars and in my opinion crooks when they do nothing to enforce the law.

HUD was given the power to enforce this in the 1968 fair housing act. HUD needs to enforce the law.

Notice the people running around insisting their hatred for illegals is all about breaking our laws, don't care one bit about our fair housing act laws regularly being broken.

I guess it depends on whose breaking what laws.
Indeed.

Whether people want to accept it not, steering absolutely does still occur and redlining still occurs.

But, I guess laws are only for other people.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,744,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Agreed-

low income= high crime. The criminals will reduce CO2 output by not having to drive so far to commit crimes. It is a liberal dream come true.

I wonder what will happen when low income, high crime America meets well armed, well funded, politically connected upper middle class and wealthy America?
It's fascinating to me how people automatically equate this with low income people.
Financially qualified minorities are routinely discriminated against with regard to mortgages, etc.

Wells Fargo settlement: An important victory for minority homeowners, communities | Need to Know | PBS

New Zillow Study Highlights Minority Discrimination in Home Finance

'Dual system': Minorities lose financial ground, critics say - USATODAY.com

Old 07-12-2015, 08:53 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,948,854 times
Well folks, enjoy watching your property values tumble. I inherited a house in an upper middle class neighborhood when my mother passed away. In the late 70's "affordable housing" was constructed in the area. Now that upper middle class neighborhood, (which many blacks resided in) has turned into a barrio. There is now a meth lab across the street and fortunately the dealers next door just moved out. I still own the house, but will never live there because of what the neighborhood has become. This has happened all over this country. Thanks progressives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies