Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 03:17 PM

922 posts, read 1,149,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly, and Obama implemented stays of deportation for millions of illegal aliens along with work permits by EO instead of going through congress. If that constitutes a good president then we are in deep trouble.
Reagan signed in to law the "Immigration Reform and Control Act" which granted amnesty to 3 MILLION illegals, and encouraged another 11 MILLION more to cross the border.

Yet Reagan is considered a demigod by the wing-nuts.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:20 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Then I hope you are anti-Trump and in favor of the Dream Act, which would provide a pathway to legalization, therefore removing your claimed objection to immigration (the fact that some lack papers).
I am neither anti or pro Trump. I am just glad to hear someone had the guts to speak out against illegal immigration instead of pandering to a racist, ethnocentric group that thinks their ethnic group is special and above our immigration laws. I am not in favor of the Dream Act either. It is rewarding parents for violating our immigration laws and bringing their kids here illegally. They need to return to their homelands and apply legally to come here and then we can talk about a possible path to citizenship and wait their turn in line. I don't object to "immigration" so what are you talking about? It is illegal immigration that I object to. The paper process start in an immigrant's homeland not here on our soil.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Reagan signed in to law the "Immigration Reform and Control Act" which granted amnesty to 3 MILLION illegals, and encouraged another 11 MILLION more to cross the border.

Yet Reagan is considered a demigod by the wing-nuts.
No, congress encouraged them by not securing the border. Reagan should never have signed that amnesty in the first place so, so much for your claims that he is a demigod to law abiding Americans. Wing nuts? My how civil of you. Fast forward to Obama that wants to amnesty quadruple that number and has given stays of deportation to millions of them along with work permits. Should we make the same mistake twice and expect different results? Yet Obama is idolized by many. Talk about demigodding.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:28 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Should we make the same mistake twice and expect different results?
It wasn't a mistake. Reagan made the right decision. It was a bipartison agreement back then, and the right thing to do.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:46 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Trump is just the opening act of the circus before the main clowns start squaring off in the presidential election.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Trump is just the opening act of the circus before the main clowns start squaring off in the presidential election.
Oh here we go again with the clown car BS again. Try some new material this one is getting old and while you're at it try debating like an adult.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:59 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I happen to are.. His problem stems from his "Self-absorbed perceptions of himself" and his perverted view of other's he is up against..I kind of goes along with.,"You are WITH ME or Against Me" philosophy mentality...IF They ( base of party) chose him..It would be a huge mistake..

Personality wise..and with his oodles of $$ he can run as long as he wishes..and even if GOP votes him out of Primary..He could well CHANGE to Independent...Thus splitting Republican's even worse ( and GOP know it )

I say yes he lunatic ( delusion's of Grandeur) but mainly "Crazy like a Fox"

It really doesn't matter..as"Trump-like thinkers", want to hear such "claimed" unbiased informations ( telling the truth??)..Fact Checker's have actually posted> Mostly False or pants on fire with his bombastic statements...Course that never stopped folks like him before has it? ROFLMBO

Old 07-12-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
It wasn't a mistake. Reagan made the right decision. It was a bipartison agreement back then, and the right thing to do.
No, it wasn't because now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. Fool me once....

Old 07-12-2015, 04:54 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,789,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
The longer he talks, the more he sounds like one. He used to at least be entertaining, now he's just a hatemonger. And his fantasies about how he's going to "take jobs back " ? What BS. The man is not grounded in reality.

Hatemonger? Is it hateful to speak the truth?

Illegals bring in drugs.
Illegals deliver drugs.
Illegals grow drugs.
Illegals get into shoot outs.

Donald may not solve that, but he's a "Businessman" he knows how to negotiate. He won't be like Obama saying "I won, get over it" he'll say "Let's work TOGETHER" and that will be a success. But liberals want to play the victim. never willing to shed blood for this country.

Old 07-12-2015, 05:01 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Hatemonger? Is it hateful to speak the truth?

Illegals bring in drugs.
Illegals deliver drugs.
Illegals grow drugs.
Illegals get into shoot outs.
These are all lies, so yes, it is hateful to spread such lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Donald may not solve that, but he's a "Businessman" he knows how to negotiate.
Not anymore. He lost all his business (which he inherited from his rich daddy, but that's another story).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies