Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 07:42 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Before Welfare, there was a father in the home who worked whatever jobs he could find to feed his family. Though oppressed by whites, the black family survived, took care of each other in their communities and held strong. They had little money, but they had something better - pride and unity.

Welfare killed all that.

It's time to admit it was a disastrous mistake. Revamp the idea and come up with a better system. We don't need to suddenly cut people off of welfare, but we can start easing them off. Send the illegal Mexicans back to Mexico. Let our welfare recipients work the fields and clean up our parks and highways.
People on the right closed all of that down with the WPA , and I would like you to bring that concept back. The African American population is made out to be the ( Poster Boys and Girls ) of the Entitlement Programs here in the USA , and no one care about theirs Pride and Self Esteem .

Old 07-14-2015, 07:43 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColombianMan View Post
So please tell us old wise one, what is your take on these stats?
1. I'm not old.

2. I never claimed to be wise.

3. It's not the stats or the study that disturb me - it's the plethora of racist comments and ignorance on this thread that disturb me.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Howest2008
Not true there are more than 1,000 Bi-Racial Families in the San Francisco Bay Area along. The survey sample is " extremely small " sorry to rain on your parade and your Bi-Racial MYTHS.......LOL.....

Quote:
Tell that to Stanford. I am sure their methodology is more credible than whatever you believe.
Let me see ( tell Stanford University ) that there are more than 1,000 Bi-Racial Family in the S.F. Bay Area......LOL. Boy you are a sharp Knife aren't you , however I did enjoy that Jazz Concert that I went to in 1980 on the grounds of Stanford University.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:56 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Well in this study it shows that not being married and having a kid leads to 82% of these women being on welfare. Keep knocking marriage all you want but having babies out of wedlock usually results on government dependence. How often do you see white guys who have mixed children not married to their partner. The answer is rarely.
I don't know, possibly because I'm not worried about what White men do with their children, has absolutely nothing to do with me.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I guarantee most of the women having these babies are not the most educated. This poll does not surprise me as this is part of black male culture.
This is not a part of Main Stream African American Culture , but is a part of the Under Class African American Culture .......( Racist Got To Keep On Hating ) don't they ?

Old 07-14-2015, 08:10 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
You can try to be a smart *ss all you want but like I said Stanford is a lot more credible than any fool on this forum. Just accept it black males are nothing but sperm donors who are the least responsible of all men. Facts hurt.
I don't care about from Stanford. It is bad study.
Studies are very misleading because they are very small sample size and they just assumed that they are not seeing their father because they don't live them.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dopo
I bet $1 million that this has to do more with being poor than about race.
But in this country people make everything about race.

Quote:
You would lose that bet. Just look at all the black athletes, actors and musicians who have many baby mommas. Those black men are rich and they still have many illegitimate children by multiple women. It is cultural.

No he wouldn't lose his bet because there are 1,000,000's of African American Men who don't live that way. You look at the glass as half empty , and I look at the glass as being half FULL......LOL

Old 07-14-2015, 08:34 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
1. I'm not old.

2. I never claimed to be wise.

3. It's not the stats or the study that disturb me - it's the plethora of racist comments and ignorance on this thread that disturb me.
Well, considering what I've learned about you and you're family, your family is living proof that there are Black men who are not just "sperm donors", but men who can marry and start a family. Alot of people just come to this thread to unleash their anger at Black men. Same reason the Cheerios commercial wound up with so much histrionics.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by ColombianMan
Unfortunately you are in the minority of black men "who aren't out there being stupid" and I believe the media is to blame in this situation. Why do I say this? Just look at the type of black men that get shown on TV more than other black men. It is mostly the "ghetto" rap type who are the "bad boys" and are constantly in the news. This is the type of black man that is being pushed and thus we get these results. I mean how else can you explain that out of 1,000 women with mixed-black kids only 80 were married. I am from Colombia living in California and I have come to the conclusion in my 6 years living here that American blacks are a disaster. Compare our Latino blacks in Latin America and you will see the difference in both attitude and having and raising children. Welfare has been the biggest enabler in the black community for having illegitimate children and now it is carrying over to non-black women who have children with black men. Sad times indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golabki View Post
I'm not so sure the media's to blame ... Seems to me TV and movies tend to portray black men as being intelligent, level-headed, courteous, and powerful with a great ability to lead and organize/run things. All the things I seldom see in real life.
No the Majority of African American on TV and Movies are in " The Rap Hip Hop Genre " sharp Knife you are.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:36 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
ConeyGirl, I'm going to talk to you, particularly, about history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
You have a point - up to the point where you label mixed race children as black. The reality of the situation, regardless of how scientists may classify them, is mixed race children know that they are BOTH, and yet, NEITHER.
That was not true up until the 80s and 90s. Remember that interracial marriage was not even legal in 19 states of the US until 1967--I was dating by then, and interracial marriage was illegal in my state when I began dating. In fact, it's still illegal--the legislature has refused to repeal the law even as late as last year because of "the message that would send." That's the attitude of the state even today.

Where interracial marriage was technically legal in the 60s, it was strongly socially discouraged. By strongly socially discouraged, I mean that the white partner lost his or her "white card." A professional white man marrying a black woman lost his job, lost his friends. He lost the right to live in a nice neighborhood. If he got stopped by a cop with his black wife beside him, he lost whatever "white privilege" that might have kept him out of jail. The case was worse for the white woman that married a black man.

For that reason, there were actually very few bi-racial children. By far, nearly all "light skinned" blacks were the product of genetic dice, or light-skinned blacks being careful to "never marry anyone darker than you." It's probably hard for young people today to conceive such a different social environment only three decades ago.

Because of that, in the relatively few cases that blacks married whites, their children were considered black by everyone. The concept of "biracial" had no social meaning whatsoever. It was a non-concept. I'm not saying colorism did not exist, I'm saying that even Lena Horne had to pee in a cup when entertaining in white venues. Being half-white did not let one drink at a "whites only" water fountain or join a "whites only" club. They had to teach their children to be black...the road otherwise led to the "tragic mulatto."

That began to change in the latter 70s into the 90s. The white spouse got to keep his or her "white card" socially. That meant, for instance, a white mother complaining to the school principle about the treatment of her bi-racial child was given more deference than the black mother complaining of the same treatment of her child.

What is happening in the US today is the creation of a the South African system whereby being half-white provides a mid-level of racial benefits. "Bi-racial" has a social meaning that it never had before...and that's not necessarily a good thing.

But I also think it's a transitional thing. I suspect that the Millennial generation actually is a post-racial generation, but right now and for the next 20-25 years the Millennial generation is forced to operate within the very racially oriented social framework of the Boomer Generation, which is still firmly in control of politics, industry, and media. We won't see what kind of world the Millennials will wrought until they are in control in another 20-25 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies