Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 04:20 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You mean Bob Dole and John McCain were not charismatic?
Hillary falls into their category. She constantly needs a nap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 04:23 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Totally agree.

As an aside, she doesn't seem engaged or excited about running for president. She just seems cranky.
Crankles.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:29 PM

491 posts, read 319,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You mean Bob Dole and John McCain were not charismatic?
Their lack of charisma is a big reason why both men lost, especially when compared to their opponents. Sadly, many people are superficial and care about things like charisma.

I could care less that Dole and McCain lack charisma. I greatly admire both men because of their incredible heroism and because of the extraordinary sacrifices both men made for this country. The voters exercised terrible judgment when they chose Clinton and Obama over Dole and McCain, respectively.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:41 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
Their lack of charisma is a big reason why both men lost, especially when compared to their opponents. Sadly, many people are superficial and care about things like charisma.

I could care less that Dole and McCain lack charisma. I greatly admire both men because of their incredible heroism and because of the extraordinary sacrifices both men made for this country. The voters exercised terrible judgment when they chose Clinton and Obama over Dole and McCain, respectively.
Unfortunately people today are shallow and don't look at the records, experience or skills. If they had, Obama would never been elected.

Got to be a young Rock Star today.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:41 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Quote:

Yes, both great Americans but poor candidates. Wrong place, wrong time.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:10 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Unfortunately people today are shallow and don't look at the records, experience or skills. If they had, Obama would never been elected.

Got to be a young Rock Star today.
Women tend to vote for the more youthful, charismatic and more attractive candidate. If they wouldn't consider dating the candidate, they won't vote for him lol. It's not very objective.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:14 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Women tend to vote for the more youthful, charismatic and more attractive candidate. If they wouldn't consider dating the candidate, they won't vote for him lol. It's not very objective.
That is a broad brush you are painting women with.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:20 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
To be fair, Hillary does seem to turn off people in general.

Yes and she is certainly not the candidate to draw men.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:22 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yes and she is certainly not the candidate to draw men.
I agree. Hillary seems to be more and more the "not republican" candidate.

Subjectively, who actually really thinks she would be a good president?

Old 07-13-2015, 05:50 PM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:

I think McCain lost mainly because of his own blunders. Had he opposed the bank bailouts, halted the stupid rhetoric about bombing Iran, and chose someone halfway competent as VP, I think his chances would have gone up tremendously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies