Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Donald Trump on the need to build a wall between Mexico and the U.S.?
I agree that we need to build a wall. 121 79.08%
I disagree that we need to build a wall. 32 20.92%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 11:56 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Oh yeah, terrorists are lined up at HR with their applications filled out.
Seems to be, I keep hearing on here that illegals are taking away jobs, and nonsense like that. Though I am more concerned about domestic terrorists that are born here, they are much more of a danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 03:29 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
A physical wall, I'm not sure about. Not saying no, just not sure. A figurative and legal wall? Absolutely.
One works.

The other assumes illegals will act in an ideological and legal manner.

Hmmmm.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:28 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,524,610 times
Yup. And drive the posts all the way to the water table. We have every reason to be concerned with the quality of people crossing the border, and monitoring it to make sure no nasty ones get across. Their problems can't be made ours. Sorry Mexico, you're poor and economically corrupt to no ends - fix it and you wont have the stigma that makes building a wall alluring.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:06 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Who knows. Many will agree to disagree. All I know is that of course we have good friends who were born in Mexico, legal residents of this Country, for sure. Some were born here of parent's from Mexico, OTHERS did immigrate here to become legal citizens, of what they call a great Country.

We have been told numerous times, the problems are getting much worse in Mexico with these drug cartel's and gangs. We were told, you cannot keep these cartel's or gangs from forming, they only get worse and more gruesome in their killings. They have told us so much, that will make you hair stand on end.

These cartel's and gangs, do not care if they blow whole homes to blitz and set on fire, with innocent people to make a point. They intimidate and do use fear tactics. We were told how easy it is for them to come to this Country, and most likely more of them here then we know. And yes this bothers these people very much, they have seen the destruction caused in their Country because of these Monster's.

Simply put, the way the husband put it, you will not keep them from coming to the US, they will come and even live among you, and would never know it, that is the scary part. He said if they come to the US and bring destruction here that they cause in their own Country, a lot of people will be killed. And this does concern me, coming from people who have lived there and seen first hand the destruction.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:29 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
No illegal would be able to afford to hire someone to drive or fly cash over the border.

Ban Cash? What makes you think illegals are only paid in cash? They can and do get checks from the business they illegally work for. They can go the bank the check was written from and (if they're good illegals) produce a fake ID or go to the local bodega and get it cashed. For a much higher % than is legal to do so at a legit check cashing business.

And restriction on moving money is easily beaten? Why don't you take all that you know about how to move money illegally to the Feds and get a job with that knowledge? testigfies

I love how folks who don't deal with it know all about it.
There are any number of places in this world where money can be sent without the use of a bank or service. As soon as there is no bank or service path these informal services start up. Generally a local merchant with easy access to cash.

Illegals don't do it. Wholesalers do. Likely the same people who smuggle drugs.

If illegals are paid by check the employment is likely legal. It leaves a paper trail. Note the law requires that you knowledgeably hire an illegal to commit a crime. That provides a very large escape path.

Your believe that being knowledgeable requires illegal or unavailable information testifies to a lack of knowledge not fact. Being dumb is not a defense that limits others.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:15 PM

62,980 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Well if you are going to rag on 1 president, then at least admit your heroes did nothing also. Is that so hard?
Heroes? Obama is the only president who granted stays of deportation for nearly 6 million illegal aliens along with work permits all by EO and bypassing congress.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Heroes? Obama is the only president who granted stays of deportation for nearly 6 million illegal aliens along with work permits all by EO and bypassing congress.
And the dumbest one to date. And your right.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:51 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
The wall will become the Mexican Olympic training ground for the Pole Vault competition. So make it high.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:56 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
neither party wants to solve the illegal immigration problem. republicans look at them as cheap labor, and democrats view them as a lifetime voter. I don't support a wall. I think it's an absurd and idiotic idea. I do support fining those who hire, and rent to illegals. but that's apparently racist as well.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:56 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Three 20 foot fences with the middle one electrified ought to do it.

We need to close our border with Mexico. We are literally being invaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies