Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 04:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Well technically it took five days for the flag to be lowered at the White House by Obama's order, as well as five days for the flag to be lowered at the Capitol by Republican order.

Not sure I would be too concerned with when the flag was lowered over this attack because it has been lowered to mourn this loss of life and this horrific attack. One should be satisfied with that gesture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 04:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well technically it took five days for the flag to be lowered at the White House by Obama's order, as well as five days for the flag to be lowered at the Capitol by Republican order.

Not sure I would be too concerned with when the flag was lowered over this attack because it has been lowered to mourn this loss of life and this horrific attack. One should be satisfied with that gesture.
Congress was out for break and only got back to work yesterday.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes, and I have no problem with when the flag was lowered at the White House or Capitol, the fact that it was lowered is good enough for me....but then again, you can always make a controversy out of nothing, all you need is some sticks, string, and some gum.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:41 PM

998 posts, read 665,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Man, people can invent a controversy just to be mad about something.

The flag isn't lowered every time something bad happens. Not even every time someone dies an unjust death. Not even every time a solider dies. You heard about this one, and since Obama's in office, he's 100% responsible for the flag not moving because you think it should.
Conservatives aren't angry, but maybe they should be. I think most are just disappointed. Disappointed that the clown in the White House has let the country down yet again. He hates the military, and he hates the USA. He promised hope and change, and brought hopelessness and misery.

The angriest people I know are leftists. Always angry that the world hasn't "discovered" them for their unique talents. They all seem to think the world "owes" them a living and a paycheck.

I told one of them that he's never going to be the success he thinks he deserves to be by sitting in his basement, eating cheetos and playing video games all day. He said he's "too smart" to work in the service industry. Conservatives are just disappointed, because let's face it, they're smarter people and they hate watching our leaders in this country -- who aren't very bright people -- drag everyone else down with their failed policies.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Lightbulb Why did it take the White House a week to lower the flag....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsnow View Post
for those 5 US soldiers that were murdered by that terrorist in Tennessee?

What difference does it make? No flag is going to bring those 5 servicemen back.

You Obamaphobes are so sensitive and politically correct.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:42 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Congress didn't order the flag at half staff. Boehner did near as I can tell.

Something he could have done at any time with a phone call.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:46 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Bingo! That was what I would have said.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:47 PM

1,204 posts, read 873,374 times
Back in the old days of Iraq II, there was a major stink raised when the flag was lowered by that state for a service man from that state that was killed in Irag or Afghanistan. Michigan for sure and certainly other states.

It was said at that time that it was a political stunt by the Dems in power in those states to rebuke the Pres. So if we shouldn't have been lowering it then because it was a political stunt, isn't wanting it lowered now a political stunt?

Old 07-22-2015, 04:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
The outrage and arguments are not really about the flag itself.

It ends up always being about D vs R.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
The outrage and arguments are not really about the flag itself.

It ends up always being about D vs R.
Well this is a political forum that is more about my party is better than yours rather than real issues....for that, I go to much better sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies