Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 05:23 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,178,080 times

Advertisements

Because Obama doesn't care and doesn't want to implicate Islam. Really people everyone who wants to know the truth already knows. You can't wake up those who are pretending to sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 05:28 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Because Obama doesn't care and doesn't want to implicate Islam. Really people everyone who wants to know the truth already knows. You can't wake up those who are pretending to sleep.
Which must be why he has lowered the flag in the past.

Where does this sort of nonsensical belief come from? I truly did not like Bush, but never for a second did I think he didnt care about the country. This is some insane stuff.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:28 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,100,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Conservatives aren't angry, but maybe they should be. I think most are just disappointed. Disappointed that the clown in the White House has let the country down yet again. He hates the military, and he hates the USA. He promised hope and change, and brought hopelessness and misery.

The angriest people I know are leftists. Always angry that the world hasn't "discovered" them for their unique talents. They all seem to think the world "owes" them a living and a paycheck.

I told one of them that he's never going to be the success he thinks he deserves to be by sitting in his basement, eating cheetos and playing video games all day. He said he's "too smart" to work in the service industry. Conservatives are just disappointed, because let's face it, they're smarter people and they hate watching our leaders in this country -- who aren't very bright people -- drag everyone else down with their failed policies.
This is a great post, and here's why. It's nonsense.

The first paragraph, conservative aren't angry? Umm... yeah they are. Gay marriage was legalized and the doomsday prophesies went crazy.

And yeah, plenty of liberals are angry. Everyone is ****ing angry all the time. People are miserable. We have more technology now than ever, we have a wealth of information at our fingertips; this amazing age is being wasted on the worst people possible. People who are so self important that the idea of someone disagreeing with them bothers them. Liberal PC is an example of this, as is your 'conservatives are just smarter people.'

No one matters as much as most people think they matter. We all matter, but only so much. The world doesn't revolve around anyone, and people need to get that. You're views are not superior to everyone's just because they're your views. I don't like everything about Obama either, but I don't create fake outrage to get some rep points on an internet forum.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:43 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,239,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Why did Boehner take a week to lower the Capitol Building flag?

Because Republicans really couldn't care less apart from the PR issue and the ability to capitalize on the crisis.
Boehner is a Republican (read: Blue Dog Democrat)... not a conservative. Big difference.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:50 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,569,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Which must be why he has lowered the flag in the past.

Where does this sort of nonsensical belief come from? I truly did not like Bush, but never for a second did I think he didnt care about the country. This is some insane stuff.
Bush was a reckless cowboy but you could see that he loved his country. Obama is smarter than Bush, but he holds US in contempt.

I am an immigrant and a 2008 Obama supporter, who is just calling it as it is.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:07 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,109,504 times
Quote:
Not all incidents cause the flag to be put at half staff. For example-the flags weren't at half staff following the recent church shooting. I suspect a white president would have, but if Obama had for this one the racists would have came out and made a farce of things.

This being a military one probably deserves it, but the specifics matter. Some things are cut and dried. The lack of information about the shooter and the causes probably slowed this one.

For example what if the shot marines had been shot by this kid because they did something to deserve it? Raped his sister for example?

I'd hesitate long enough to learn the facts personally. At a guess I suspect thats what may have caused the delay here.
Really??? That's quite a stretch don't ya think?? Not to mention how ridiculous it is.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:12 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,109,504 times
Quote:
A part of me says "we should never lower the flag for acts of terrorism"

I would hope if I were killed by a terrorist in some gruesome manner that the flag would NOT be lowered. Its letting those [bad words] win. Its changing our behavior because of them. Which is their goal.
When was the last time the flag was lowered for an "act of terrorism"?

Maybe you see it that way, but I'm sure that 99% of Americans don't.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:15 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,569,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Really??? That's quite a stretch don't ya think?? Not to mention how ridiculous it is.
The Leftists and Islamic terrorists have something in common.

Leftists say the Marines 'may' have deserved, the Islamists say the Marines 'definitely' deserved it.

You heard the Leftists say it, now hear the Islamists say it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssj_pOHM8pg

Old 07-23-2015, 10:18 AM

1,110 posts, read 673,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Obama wasn't briefed on it until fairly recently.
Or he hadn't seen it on the news yet...

Old 07-23-2015, 10:20 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,443,616 times
What'd you do with the flag at your house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies