Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 10:11 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
The mass media has been promoting a racial war for a while. I wonder if the CIA has infiltrated Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter, etc....

With the history of this country from Slavery to Jim Crow laws etc some of the worst times in American History. If there wasn't a race war then there won't be one now. Y'all better stop acting like the US is in some type of racial harmony. There are still deep buried hatred and racism in this country. People are just suppressing it due to the laws of this country. Trump has finally given. Those people a voice. That's why they are so pressed about this Freedom of Speech. They wanna be able to call a spade a spade without any consequences

Old 03-13-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Because you're a bunch of "political chumps" as Malcolm X, one of the most influential conservatives in American history, would have called you.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:12 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
last time I heard is that trump's poll is still leading other hopefuls and the recent primary results confirm that he is the preferred candidate by "the majority" republican voters. so where did you get your news source that the majority see trump as a danger? does blm have their own "mainstream" statistics?
I wont speak for the Rep voters. So far he leads the Republican primary process. Nothing succedes like success. He is steamrolling. Among the RNC, but frankly I am not suprised. Its the general where he will fail. My concern is the demage he will cause. Like Rubio said, t
today, there are people who are unhinged who will respond to what he says and will act out tragically. You dismiss this and I fear it for innocent people. Dont discount a Dylan Roof or Robert Dear JR coming out of the woodwork. Your not concerned with this ?

Old 03-13-2016, 10:15 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
last time I heard is that trump's poll is still leading other hopefuls and the recent primary results confirm that he is the preferred candidate by "the majority" republican voters. so where did you get your news source that the majority see trump as a danger? does blm have their own "mainstream" statistics?
The anti Trump statistics come from general election polls against Clinton, where he is currently doing very poorly while his GOP competitors are doing much better against Clinton than Trump is.

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Presidential Race

Old 03-13-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
If you think that the Democratic Party cares about minorities, then I have all three Brooklyn Bridges to sell you.

Republican Party is the Party of freedom, limited government, Capitalism, national sovereignty, individual responsibility.

Democratic Party is the party of deceit, economic slavery, anti-American, anti-Capitalism, dictatorship, lawlessness, tyranny. It is the party of compelling the individual in the service of the state.

It is the party of Saul Aulinski, Barak Obama, Hillary Clinton, Bill Ayers. It is the party of felons, rapists, murderers. Just see who these miscreants support.

Okay !!! I'll stay where I am. I don't want no parts of the Republican Party are the people associated with that party.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:27 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meldrc View Post
Someone posted above:

"This is the only quote that comes to mind when thinking about Trump's candidacy

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." - Adolf Hitler"

His quote definitely applies to supporters of left/Democratic candidates as well.

My roommate is voting for Hilary b/c...she started listening to NPR in the past 2 years, & b/c she likes the idea of a woman president. Period. She likes the idea of it, no deeper knowledge of Hillary's track record is required.

Most of the vehement/reflexive anti-Trump people I'm surrounded by seem to be reacting to the surface level of things, taking the "liberal media" portrayal of him at face value, i.e: going with the identity politics angle on things ONLY ----- & implying that any other candidate would be SOOOO much better than him....

They have no idea the big money & agendas those prim-faced candidates are tied to under the surface. Nor do they want to know it seems (for the info is out there)!

If they haven't heard about it on Jimmy Fallon or SNL.... it doesn't exist.

I've lived in NYC 7 years now, &.... have actually become more conservative since I've lived here. Partly b/c of getting older I suppose, & partly b/c I see that most knee-jerk liberals don't actually do much research, they just go with the identity-politics social media echo chamber.

Not saying I'm a die-hard Trump supporter (I always stay independent), but..... I like that he's shaking things up, I like that he's largely self-funded, & I think the elephant in the room issues he's bringing up, like immigration, are critically important. And ---- who else was going to do it???

That said, I'm sure there are less divisive, more tactful ways to get some of these oh-so important issues on the table for discussion. And it would be nice to see more of that.
the left has low information voters. But they are if ignorant hopeful and much less angry. Shaking things up is fine. However, I have asked Trump supporters specifically about immigration how does he implement in a fiscally conservative way ? The wall will be paid for Mexico is the answer. How do you pay for and implement rounding up millions of illegal immigrants who overstay their visas. In NYC you might envision the illegal Mexican guy at the pizzeria or at the store. Do you imagine the non latino white illegals who entered legally and stayed years later. Or the Asians or Africans ? Building a wall is the easy and most inexpensive part. How do you pay for the rest. Dont you think this is a wedge issue to target a vulnerable group in the US exploiting American anger ? How is that type of canidate good for America ? Regardless of what your roomate thinks, and why she supports a Hillary Clinton. You dont see danger ahead with this type of nationalistic anger ? I go one further Trump becomes president and then doesnt keep his pledge to build a wall or deport illegals ? What happens to the rage of those who supported him ? How will these angry people react to their covenant being broken, which also concerns me. He is not going to be able to implement any of those policies. To do so he would need bipartisan congressional support and you know the Dems and many Republicans will oppose him. Then his angry base will react how ? Paint me a constructive and positive path forward. Is the shakeup you speak of going to benefit us. The wealthy donor class will still be erill

Last edited by bxlover; 03-13-2016 at 10:41 AM..

Old 03-13-2016, 10:30 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Answer: Trump.

Just stop, it's too easy. We've awoken. We won't be silenced via the typical tactics anymore. As the republican establishment has learned, you either deal with us or get steamrolled. Soon the dems will learn the same. Dismissing us will no longer do. We have found a standard bearer and have come to collect our debts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Sorry brother, these little tools the agenda has created to marginalize, compartmentalize and silence the opposition don't work on me.

The only cry for help you'll ever hear from me is, "cover me while I move!"

I'm the anti-BLM, the anti-safe space crusader. I'm the guy who laughs when confronted by a professional "community activist".

We worry people, especially around this region, because they've slipped so far from American Ideals that they're now the ones garnering our attention. You can only go around blasting us in the media, on the internet and in the public sphere for so long before we fight back. We are no longer the "quiet majority" shrugging our shoulders while trudging off to work to pay other people's bills, be that propping up the welfare state or greasing the corporatists' palms. Both sides know it, and they are scared. We're the only people who get things done, and they can no longer control us.

It's okay when a few thousand fools rampage through towns and cities across America as long as they are championing a liberal/minority cause. But the minute someone voices their opinion AGAINST such savagery, there's a problem.

Well I hate to break it to you, but real Americans of all races, colors and creeds still exist, and we are ready to fight. Currently, we're manifesting as Trump supporters, but should the leftist anti-American agenda prevail in the sphere of politics, we will exercise other options to return this country to some sense of normalcy, some sense of Americanism as intended by the Constitution.
So true...the revolution has begun...

Old 03-13-2016, 10:37 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
[/b]

So true...the revolution has begun...

Wake up. There isn't going to be any revolution.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:39 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Yes Sir he does. Bring jobs back, bring factories back, respect the police, and kick illegals out. All excellent points!
I agree. As is the case for the others as well, Trump read people like a book.

With Trump though - he knows exactly what to say and how.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:39 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Wake up. There isn't going to be any revolution.

We agree because we're going to stop it in it's tracks by voting for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies