Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 06:03 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So basically you use black and white hyperbole....one problem, abortions aren't unlawful, therefore by your own definition, they are not murder. I get it, abortions are bad and are morally wrong for you, but they are legal thus making them not murder.
Legal does not always equal moral, and moral does not always equal legal.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Relatives make the decision to pull the plug/terminate people all of the time, perfectly legal.

Parents also decide to pull the plug on children who are brain dead, etc. They also donate their children's organs, without permission from their child.

A woman making the decision to donate an aborted fetus is no different.
"Pulling the plug" has at least in every hospital administrative rules that must be followed in the best interests of the comatose(It always requires a medical ethics review board examine the patients case.).

Many states have additional regulations that must be followed in regards to this.

As a side note "Pulling the plug" doesn't actually "kill" anyone; it withholds life support.

A slight but notable distinction.

Note we do not smother brain dead patients with a pillow for instance.

And those aborted fetus' are sold specifically for profit which is a violation of the 1984 National Organ Transplant Act.

I can't crack open a brain dead child's chest and start hawking the organs on the street...if I obey the law that is.

False comparison.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:38 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
"Pulling the plug" has at least in every hospital administrative rules that must be followed in the best interests of the comatose(It always requires a medical ethics review board examine the patients case.).

Many states have additional regulations that must be followed in regards to this.
All states have regulations that must be followed in regards to abortion

Quote:
As a side note "Pulling the plug" doesn't actually "kill" anyone; it withholds life support.

A slight but notable distinction.
A fetus is a POTENTIAL human life - no brain, no brain waves. An abortion "kills" no one.

A big notable distinction.

Quote:
Note we do not smother brain dead patients with a pillow for instance

And those aborted fetus' are sold specifically for profit which is a violation of the 1984 National Organ Transplant Act.
BS. PP facilitated the legal donations of of legally aborted fetuses. PP has been and is currently being investigated by the RWNJ states - no violations have been discovered.

Quote:
I can't crack open a brain dead child's chest and start hawking the organs on the street...if I obey the law that is.

False comparison.
A bean sized, no brain fetus is NOT a child.

False comparison.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:32 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Where did the poster say anything about denying treatment? My my you guys are really getting sloppy in your **** poor attempts at diverting the subject.

thefragile, I know you can look it up but off top of your head can you tell me the last medical research using fetus or "parts" was that resulted in a medical treatment used today? F no you cant and you know it.

So please sit down and try to think of something worthwhile to inject into this discussion.....
Calm down, Francis.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:40 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I don't know what it would take for the vile human beings who support PP's actions to drop their support......perhaps if they hunted lions?
That would do it for me.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:08 AM

884 posts, read 716,113 times
Quote:
Just so you know, your profile is blocked to anyone you are not friends with, and I don't believe we are friends.

Though what I can do is make a judgment based on what you write here, thought I am laughing at your second paragraph. You are upset over fantasy? No one is aborting perfectly healthy, about to be born babies for research. Where did you even get that nonsense? But seriously, I fell out of my chair laughing when I read that, so thank you for that good laugh.

If a woman carries a fetus to full term, a woman is going to give birth to that baby, that is just a common sense fact. What you are upset over is just fiction, unicorns are more real than that.
Urban, please watch a couple of the videos before posting. Let me just ask you to do that before making anymore comments about why some of us are so upset. OK? Please?

Old 08-06-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
So basically you would rather the fetus or embryo or full term fetus as you have mentioned to be put here and not be given to science and research....
If its one day or 36 weeks and is a still born maybe, mom and dad donate the body to science I have NO problem with that at all urban, NONE.. I implore you once more to watch a couple of those videos and see what is going on. Please....

Old 08-06-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Calm down, Francis.
ok

Old 08-06-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
All states have regulations that must be followed in regards to abortion

A fetus is a POTENTIAL human life - no brain, no brain waves. An abortion "kills" no one.

A big notable distinction.

BS. PP facilitated the legal donations of of legally aborted fetuses. PP has been and is currently being investigated by the RWNJ states - no violations have been discovered.

A bean sized, no brain fetus is NOT a child.

False comparison.

Neural tube differentiates into brain+spinal cord at ~5 weeks.

I can have this conversation without Google.

Go back to the kids table boy.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:44 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Neural tube differentiates into brain+spinal cord at ~5 weeks.

I can have this conversation without Google.

Go back to the kids table boy.
Differentiated cells =/= functioning brain.

There are no brain waves. There is no person. There is no baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies