Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 09:23 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is called a fetus, we went over this....not sure why you aren't getting this, it is common knowledge on how a baby is made.
What ever helps people sleep at night I guess.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
PP does not use a dime of federal money to fund abortions. The majority of its work , 70%, is STD testing/ treatment and contraception.

Makes no sense to me to cut off their funding because they recycle aborted fetuses for profit.

If doing so is against a law, go after management responsible.

If Congress does not want to use public funds to pay for STD testing/ treatment and contraception, then say so.

It is extremely unlikely any Congress or president is going to ever stop feeding, educating and providing healthcare to children born into poverty.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 08-04-2015 at 10:36 PM..

Old 08-05-2015, 12:15 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Government should stop giving money to any organization that breaks the law and selling body parts no matter from any body, baby or fetus or adult is breaking the law.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:17 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Default I wonder how many women end up not being able to have childen after an abortion

"Abortion Is A Lie And A Betrayal To Women..." - Chicks on the Right

Old 08-05-2015, 12:32 AM

31,084 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Our prisons are full of people that should have been aborted. $500 abortion vs. $100s of thousands keeping them locked up for life, makes the former look like a good deal.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:08 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
I hope you condemn all medical/pharmaceutical businesses because believe me big bucks far outweigh ethics for some. Medicine has become a big business. I personally do not believe PPH is in this camp, but perhaps there are some who are not there for the good of the patient.

I assume you would also tell the people who want to donate their body parts upon death that they are contributing to evil. If a viable organ from a fetus would save another fetus, why is that evil?
No. I'm a registered organ donor and so is most of my family. The difference is I chose to become one. Nobody made that choice for me. Fetuses don't get to decide to be aborted. The parents, normally the mother, make that choice.

Now, it's one thing if she sits down with her family, her doctor and her faith and determines that having an abortion is the right thing to do. It's no one's place to come between her and her healthcare decisions. HOWEVER, it's something else entirely when a clinic employee sits down and strongly encourages her to have that abortion with the surreptitious motivation of making a profit off the baby's body parts.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:30 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh I have better things to do with my life than to sit through 90+ minutes of an edited video to make right wingers believe their hatred for Planned Parenthood to be true. It has been explained time and time again what is actually happening, though if you don't choose listen, no one is going to force you.
AKA - I have blinders on so don't annoy me with the facts because I don't want to hear anything other than my interpretation of the truth.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:35 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
PP does not use a dime of federal money to fund abortions. The majority of its work , 70%, is STD testing/ treatment and contraception.

Makes no sense to me to cut off their funding because they recycle aborted fetuses for profit.

If doing so is against a law, go after management responsible.

If Congress does not want to use public funds to pay for STD testing/ treatment and contraception, then say so.

It is extremely unlikely any Congress or president is going to ever stop feeding, educating and providing healthcare to children born into poverty.
1. you cannot say funding for one part of a business does not affect another part of the same business.
2. if PP is so all fired concerned about providing STD Testing and getting the federal government to pay for it, then spin off the abortion business and let that be a separate company unconnected to the rest of their efforts.
3. PP does not need federal dollars to provide contraception to poor women because the ACA mandates that is now free.
4. If a man were to only hit his wife during 30% of their fights, you would be outraged.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:18 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
AKA - I have blinders on so don't annoy me with the facts because I don't want to hear anything other than my interpretation of the truth.
Right wingers have yet to provide any facts that show Planned Parenthood breaking the law....though they different show a video that may have been illegally recorded.

Or did you think that it was all suppose to be free? You do realize non profit doesn't mean free, right?

Old 08-05-2015, 09:20 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
1. you cannot say funding for one part of a business does not affect another part of the same business.
2. if PP is so all fired concerned about providing STD Testing and getting the federal government to pay for it, then spin off the abortion business and let that be a separate company unconnected to the rest of their efforts.
3. PP does not need federal dollars to provide contraception to poor women because the ACA mandates that is now free.
4. If a man were to only hit his wife during 30% of their fights, you would be outraged.
Yes, and many of those women are on medicaid which pays for the bc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies