Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won in your opinion the 9 pm debate
Trump 71 42.77%
Bush 3 1.81%
Huckabee 3 1.81%
Walker 1 0.60%
Carson 9 5.42%
Paul 6 3.61%
Christie 5 3.01%
Kasick 28 16.87%
Cruz 13 7.83%
Rubio 27 16.27%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 08:11 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

I will vote for the person Fox hated the most

Donald Trump and Rand Paul.

Fox was CLEARLY not fair and balanced, what a joke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The "questions" were more like statements with a "how about that?" added to the end. I get the idea: challenge them on the criticisms that have been leveled, but it was too obvious, especially in the case of Trump and Bush, that they were using "questions" to shape opinion, and in Bush's case set the table for him getting out his message, rather than get answers.

As for the non-loaded question part, I was frustrated by the format because I found myself saying "who cares what that one has to say, I want to hear this other one's take on that issue". Maybe CNN can figure out a better approach for the next debate.
Agree. How could they possibly ask "deals" questions and not ask Trump to answer who makes deals all of the time.

Almost every question was based on a negative and for some, more than others. No question about Bush the registered lobbyist who rails against lobbyists. No question about Rubio and the trade bill with the immigration paragraphs and whether he read the bill before he voted for it.

Now we'll go to CNN and they'll ask Democrat issue interest questions to Republican candidates.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

God, I hate the media.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-07-2015 at 08:51 AM..

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Trump said nothing about third party last night. He said he wouldn't pledge to support the Republican candidate until he saw who that person was.
He didn't say that either. Trump supporters pleasse don't make up stuff. This is what he said:

BAIER: Is there anyone on stage, and can I see hands, who is unwilling tonight to pledge your support to the eventual nominee of the Republican party and pledge to not run an independent campaign against that person.

TRUMP: I cannot say(that he can make the pledge) I have to respect the person that, if it’s not me, the person that wins, if I do win, and I’m leading by quite a bit, that’s what I want to do. I can totally make that pledge. If I’m the nominee, I will pledge I will not run as an independent. But — and I am discussing it with everybody, but I’m, you know, talking about a lot of leverage. We want to win, and we will win. But I want to win as the Republican. I want to run as the Republican nominee.

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The fact that not one of the people on stage called out Trump on his treatment of Kelly, pretty much says it all. They are spineless and completely afraid of the Thumper.
Kelly, you ignorant . . .

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Hillary is very disliked but Trump is the only figure that is disliked even more than her and that's just sad. He is too negative, never has a straight answer. All he does is say 3 or 4 negative comments about the current state of the nation and then say "I'll fix it". Ok Donald could you please elaborate? Other candidates seem to have no problem with that, even rookies like Rubio and Carson
Yet Trump can fill a venue to the point of overflowing. Hillary can't. Most of the places she has gone so far have been mostly empty. Even the much touted, 2nd announcement that "I'm A candidate" event in NYC was barely attended.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:15 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The media is always biased. Liberal media does the same thing. At least republicans have more candidates.
LOL. There is no liberal MSM media in the USA. There is media that appeals to a few social wedge issues that people calling themselves liberal, subscribe too. But without exception, beyond that, they are all just alike. i.e.
  • Support for war mongering.
  • Support for big business.
  • Unconditional support for wall street, bankers and the entire scam of the finance industry.
  • All parrot official government statistics without question
Most Americans have no idea what it really means to be "liberal" or rather leftist.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:16 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
That she doesn't like Trump is clear. A professional doesn't allow her/his personal opinions affect their job performance to any great degree especially on critical matters. Megyn failed as a professional last night.

As for Trump, he impressed me with how he handled Megyn although his closing statement was a rehash from earlier comments. Still Trump's attack on Political Correctness (Nazis to me), has me almost open to consider him. But the fact he identified some problem and says he's going to fix it is fine. Explain to me how you're going to do that.
Are you kidding me????? Professionals at FOX????? Give me a break, this is an entertainment network and all these guys knew it, it's just a platform to give them exposure. Trump is just as sensationalizing as the people he tries to intimidate and hides behind his boisterous rhetoric. You seem to like Trump's attack on political correctness, in my day the term was called civility, Trump seems to think words don't matter but they do. If you want to vote for him, it's your right and protected by the Constitution, but I won't, he's an a**hole. Don't bother throwing the "L" word back at me because I'm far from it, and it'll fall on deaf ears.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:16 AM

312 posts, read 268,581 times
Default The Truth About Fox New's GOP Debate Moderators

I've been reading a lot of threads after last night and a lot are pretty mean, especially toward Megyn Kelly. Here is the thing. This debate was meant to be tough. It was meant to challenge people's views and past. It was meant to weed out the GOP hopefuls and prove who is really presidential. And that's what the moderators did. People say they had it out for Trump. Here is the thing, he pulled a liberal on us. He dodged the question, refused to present the facts, and played the victim. Everyone got asked tough questions. Even Bush (who Trump claims was asked softball questions) was asked again whether he supported Iraq or not. I don't understand the fuss. The idea was to point out the flaws of each candidate and see how they could defend them (i.e. DONALD HAS A LOT OF FLAWS) And I agree the moderators could have been more professional but hey, It's prime time television. They aren't gonna make it boring. It was exciting. And the biggest thing people need to realize is that this is the only debate that will not hand out softball questions. This debate was purely designed to show who is presidential.

THE MODERATORS ASKED THE QUESTIONS THAT NEEDED TO BE ASKED i.e. Donald's flip flop with political parties and views. Best question of the night!

Here is my question to Trump: Where is your proof that Mexico is intentionally sending illegals to the US? How will you build that wall on the border? How will you bring jobs back to America (i.e how will you convince Ford to move their plant back to the US)?

I agree with his talking points, especially about PC but he needs to answer these questions!

Fox News GOP debate: Brett Baier, Megyn Kelly, and Chris Wallace got the job done.

Now please, don't change your view on Fox News. Don't say you aren't watching Bret or Megyn anymore. Where else are you going to get your conservative news? I found the debate fair and balanced, like both moderator's show. KEEP WATCHING THEM. You know Trump isn't the best candidate. Neither is Bush and they touched on that issue. If you want someone similar to Trump, vote CARLY FIORINA 2016!

Old 08-07-2015, 08:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Trump did not win the debate.

He offered no specifics whatsoever and has zero appeal to the serious silent majority that makes up the bulk of the GOP primary electorate. No actual conservative is going to vote for someone who supports single payer.
I like how he evolved on pro-life. He said that a friend was considering abortion and decided against it. He now knows the child and is thankful they chose not to abort.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:18 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
she is such a pretty woman, but when she opens her mouth, it ruins her...not to mention, she is a very nasty woman....

Extremely self imposed....I don't like her to much....she isn't any better for what she said....I actually put her right up there with Hillary, which isn't very high at all.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies