Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 04:23 PM

9,520 posts, read 4,346,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
I live in the infamous land of Alex Jones, the crying man who school children watch memes of and laugh when he says things like "The Frogs are all gay".

I remember when his magazine had the cover with "Obama wants your guns!" got all y'all real riled up and sweaty....

I have no idea what the "land of Alex Jones" is. In fact, all I know about Alex Jones is that he's apparently some sort of ultra left/right (don't know and don't care which) whacko who got banned from social media or something. But, I, digress. I'm not kidding when I say there is zero gun advertising in my area (central Maryland). I suppose there are gun shops around, but the only ones I know of in my area are Bass Pro Shops and 1 independent shop. I would genuinely like to know where you live that has such a prevalent gun culture? Is gun violence higher there than other areas? I live within 20 minutes of Baltimore and there is no gun advertising there, yet very high gun violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 04:25 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Anyone else tired of the "Let's all have a gun!" culture?

In what country do they have that???

Old 09-07-2018, 04:26 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
The OP is different tahn me, for me it is not just the purchase pressure but the gun culture pressure in general.

I live in Texas. I grew u in the bible belt in Arlington. I saw gun shows, flea markets from a young age with fat, white rednecks selling to anyone who looked like them with no questions asked. I have seen guns sold out of trunks of cars. I have found guns hidden in places(that were not well hidden) as a kid and 20 something in others homes.

The ads here for the sporting gun stores sell Uzi's. CPL classes signs, pawns shops with "we sell bullets now" signs, gun stores signs.

it is just a death culture feeling.

And the people, the gun owners are just rabid with pro-gunness and "they gonna take my gun". It just feels like an overload of it.

Thanks for asking.
Well, you definitely live up to your chosen poster name. I would be creeped out listening to you speak in public.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:34 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
Like Abraham Lincoln said:

Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant to step the ocean and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia, and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest, with a Bonaparte for a commander, could not by force take a drink from the Ohio or make a track on the Blue Ridge in a trial of a thousand years. At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer. If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

America will be the architect of its own destruction and having an heavily armed society is like soaking your own home in gasoline. Once a spark happens its going to burn the whole thing down.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:45 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times
They'll learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies