Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 12:52 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
You sound like a troll.

Please stop.
why, b/c he/she says things you don't want to hear? That person is sharing their beliefs, like it or not.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:58 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Being rude is not a crime. Prisons are not full of people who were rude to others. Prison's are not full of people who cursed out people.

If anyone else responded to a nasty attitude with physical violence, they would be in prison. And the argument of, well, I had to attack the woman because she was impeding my job of providing customer service, is not a valid argument.
that wasn't being rude, that went over the top and beyond being rude....

she was wrong, period. If I would have ever talked to my parents like that, they would have cuffed me good....what is it with people today, using foul language to express themselves and to call people foul names like she did....that was unbelievable and if that is how any of you here express yourselves, then I feel very sorry for you, b/c you'll never get it...and the sad thing is, her parents never taught her mannors....if they had, she wouldn't have been in prison and dead today. All she had to do was put out her cig, and keep her mouth shut...that's all, and frankly, if she'd have talked like that to me, I'd have called the cops.

He was a cop!!!! Get that through your thick head!!! Cops enforce the LAW....and you have no business talking to them the way you do. He was nice to her, he didn't scream at her, he was patient with her, period. She escalated it...period!

Honesly I'm very very sorry she died....but, she was so totally wrong and I've got a lot of black friends that agree...believe me....people that are law abiding people. Yanno what most of them say? They fear the Klu Klux Clan more then they do cops and if these cop haters would just stop, it would be a much better world for them. And these are corporate people....church people, people who work hard for a living...

As a matter of fact, this was the topic for our church the other week. Bad parenting and kids that now believe it's ok to disobey the law.
She said, sure there are bad cops, there is good and bad in everything, however, not to the magnitude you would like to believe. And the sorry part is, you refuse to see it.

I would love to go out to Ferguson and interview those people, ask them where they live, what they do for a living, and where do they go to church. I bet over half of them don't work, and don't go to church, and sell drugs, rob people for a living.

That is not a role model....and no one anyone else should be proud of.

Watch this again....please....
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/v...ment-must-see/

Old 08-13-2015, 01:41 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
that wasn't being rude, that went over the top and beyond being rude....

she was wrong, period. If I would have ever talked to my parents like that, they would have cuffed me good....what is it with people today, using foul language to express themselves and to call people foul names like she did....that was unbelievable and if that is how any of you here express yourselves, then I feel very sorry for you, b/c you'll never get it...and the sad thing is, her parents never taught her mannors....if they had, she wouldn't have been in prison and dead today. All she had to do was put out her cig, and keep her mouth shut...that's all, and frankly, if she'd have talked like that to me, I'd have called the cops.

He was a cop!!!! Get that through your thick head!!! Cops enforce the LAW....and you have no business talking to them the way you do. He was nice to her, he didn't scream at her, he was patient with her, period. She escalated it...period!

Honesly I'm very very sorry she died....but, she was so totally wrong and I've got a lot of black friends that agree...believe me....people that are law abiding people. Yanno what most of them say? They fear the Klu Klux Clan more then they do cops and if these cop haters would just stop, it would be a much better world for them. And these are corporate people....church people, people who work hard for a living...

As a matter of fact, this was the topic for our church the other week. Bad parenting and kids that now believe it's ok to disobey the law.
She said, sure there are bad cops, there is good and bad in everything, however, not to the magnitude you would like to believe. And the sorry part is, you refuse to see it.

I would love to go out to Ferguson and interview those people, ask them where they live, what they do for a living, and where do they go to church. I bet over half of them don't work, and don't go to church, and sell drugs, rob people for a living.

That is not a role model....and no one anyone else should be proud of.

Watch this again....please....
VIDEO: Sheriff Clarke EXPOSES Ferguson Lies and "Black Lives Matters" Movement (MUST SEE) - The Political Insider
Being rude is not a crime dude. Get that through your thick head. Cops do not have the right to throw people in jail on trumped up charges because the population does not show them enough deference.

If someone was rude to you, and you called the cops, guess what would happen? They'd tell you to go your way, and her to go her way, that's it. It's not a crime to be rude. If however, you attacked her, you'd be in jail.

She committed no crime. Contempt of cop is not a crime. He had no business arresting her. It is not a crime to give someone, ANYONE, a bad attitude. Hell, I'm giving you an attitude. I think you're an idiot. Learn to stop using punctuation to simulate pauses in your stilted speech. Also, are you saying that if you're not a churchgoing, hardworking white collar employee that you are somehow a criminal? Is that what you think of black people? You're a racist and you don't even know it. You have no black friends who sit around with you and talk about the KKK. You're a liar, a fake, and a fool. Yanno?

Old 08-13-2015, 02:39 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,847 times
QUESTION:

If you are out and about and encounter ... let's say bear or lion in person how do you know you should fear it or be careful or cautious?

It never hurt you before....

Please answer... (waiting with popcorn here)

Old 08-13-2015, 02:45 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
why, b/c he/she says things you don't want to hear? That person is sharing their beliefs, like it or not.
Because the things that person says are stupid and not true. I've never seen a black person get offended by being called black. That alone tells me what the person says is nonsense.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Crime rate has dropped across the board for all races.

Crime is most closely linked to socioeconomic issues. As long as blacks are disproportionately poor and grow up in single family households they will continue to be a larger percentage of the criminal population. You also have the chicken and the egg affect in poor areas where crime is high. Crime is high, so more police are present, more arrests made, shows crime is high, more police present, more arrest made, and the cycle continues.

In the end, living a decent life in America for anyone is pretty easily attainable if you do just a few things
It is hard to work full time, if white felons get more callbacks for jobs than black college grads. Not a socioeconomic problem, it is more like systemic racism.

http://thinkprogress.org/education/2...tion-race-gap/

Old 08-13-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That we have many of the violent people mostly black and hispanic locked up is why the crime rate is lower, genius. If you were to release these people, which liberals try to do, the violent crime rate would shoot up.
No, genius, most of the people in jail right now are there for non-violent offenses: small amounts of drug possession. No harm in letting these people out. Some probably shouldn't be in jail at all.

Just How Much The War On Drugs Impacts Our Overcrowded Prisons, In One Chart

Old 08-13-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Just stop. My arguments are rock solid and and I posted the desired sources. This is embarrasing even for the apologists.

You are ashamed of the black community and need to make silly excuses to disregard anyone who tries to hold up a mirror. You and people like you are holding blacks on the welfare planation whiles all other races continue to rise. Shame on you.

These are your facts, for all of the world to see, whether you like it or not:

Only 7% of Detroit Public-School 8th Graders Proficient in Reading

http://www.live5news.com/story/26227...econd-language

These are your facts. Have the courage to pull your head from the sand and face them. This is not a legacy of slavery. This is not the results of white racism. This is blacks not trying to succeed. And unless people like you correct your poor, apologist behavior and demand a higer standard from american blacks, i will be making the same excellent points in 20 years and you will still be trying to find silly reasons to dismiss them.
Let's talk about the real facts. The Civil Rights Movement happened about 50 years ago. Racism didn't end with slavery. And it didn't end when the Civil Rights Movement happen. Widespread government sanctioned housing discrimination happened well into the 1970s. So best case we have 2 generations of black people with "full access" to equal opportunity. I am not going to discuss systemic racism issues right now.

Despite all of this institution stuff happening, the Black poverty rate is in generally decline and has declined significantly since the Civil Rights Movement:
Source: Poverty in the 50 years since ‘The Other America,’ in five charts - The Washington Post

Black women are outpacing everyone in attending college and closing the gap between other women:
Black Women Are Breaking Barriers But Still Not Getting Compensated For It | ThinkProgress
Quote:
Young black women have increased their high school graduation rate by 63 percent over the past 50 years, more than tripling it and “virtually eliminating the gap with Asian women (down to 2%), and significantly narrowing the gap with white women (7%),” the report notes. That gap between the rates of black women and white women has shrunk from 22 percent in 1960. They’ve also decreased their dropout rates, particularly in recent years. In 2006, 12 percent of black women dropped out of high school, and that number has declined consistently since 2007, falling by more than 40 percent and reaching 6.4 percent in 2011.
But we still have a long way to go. Schools are even more segregated now than they were 50 years ago.
Brown v. Board of Education 60th anniversary: America’s schools are segregating again.

But back to your links. Looks like only one is working. And it looks like the Michigan schools are failing quite miserably.
Quote:
Statewide in Michigan, only 32 percent of public-school eighth graders scored grade-level proficient or better in reading, and only 31 percent scored grade-level proficient or better in math.

68 percent of Michigan public-school eighth graders are not proficient in reading and 69 percent are not proficient in math.
That looks like a broader Michigan problem to me.

What's embarrassing, is your insistence that everything is so "terrible" and that no one is doing anything, when on every measure black people are doing better than ever. But it is a lot more fun to find the negative stories.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:24 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I know the word "black" offends a lot of you, so I promise that from now on I will only use "African American".

Having said that, do you think it's a good idea to use a figure like Michael Brown as a rallying cry, considering that he was, after all, a criminal?

I'm an ex-cop. During the years that I worked as a cop, I pulled over some people that were rude and some people that were just as professional as I was toward them. Ever since I stopped being a cop, I've gotten pulled over a few times. And every single one of those times, I was always courteous to the officers and they were always courteous back to me.

I am not white. I belong to a relatively small minority group in the US. As a matter of fact, members of my group are often the butt of people's jokes. To deal with that, we just keep to ourselves and go on with our lives. Even the liberal movie makers are so afraid that people wouldn't watch their movies if they had the main character as someone from our group that they had to cast a white guy to play a clearly minority character. Think Dragon Ball Z.

My suggestion is if you want your message to be more effective, please choose another name that isn't connected to criminal activity to glorify. Every time I hear "Michael Brown", I can't help but get reminded that he was, after all, a criminal.
Technically, if you have ever taken a pencil or pen that was not yours......that is stealing and your a criminal. If you ever ripped the tag off a mattress in the past....you are a criminal. If you ever ran a red light....you are a criminal, because such is against the law.

Micheal Brown never murdered anyone.....that we know of. Micheal Brown worse offense, that I know of, is stealing cigars and grabbing the shirt of a store owner.

Here is a question for you. If the police apprehended Micheal Brown for stealing Cigars and shoving the store owner and then put on trial and sentence to death and executed for those crimes, do you think blacks would be justified to be outraged by that?

This is an issue of punishment fitting the crime, if you are going to make this an issue about his criminality.

Finally, your little small minority group does not have to protest. Why? You inherit the benefits of BLACK PROTEST past and present. You don't have to complain because we have complained and now you benefit from the human rights gained from our complaints and protest.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:39 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Crime rate has dropped across the board for all races.

Crime is most closely linked to socioeconomic issues. As long as blacks are disproportionately poor and grow up in single family households they will continue to be a larger percentage of the criminal population. You also have the chicken and the egg affect in poor areas where crime is high. Crime is high, so more police are present, more arrests made, shows crime is high, more police present, more arrest made, and the cycle continues.

In the end, living a decent life in America for anyone is pretty easily attainable if you do just a few things
Your quote missed the most important part: 4. Stop voting for the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies