Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Jon Stewart be on/near the top of your list?
Yes and I'm a Democrat 20 14.49%
Yes and I'm a Republicans 2 1.45%
Yes and I'm an Independent 21 15.22%
No and I'm a Democrat 7 5.07%
No and I'm a Republicans 29 21.01%
No and I'm an Independent 59 42.75%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 05:16 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

As for lying about Congress being open during Christmas because nobody cares, your own link shows that Congress was in session during Christmas and did not adjourn for Christmas like they do today.
U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Dates of Sessions of the Congress
http://www.politifact.com/rhode-isla...-met-most-chr/

Read the facts in detail - Politifact says you just told a liar pants on fire lie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 05:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes, blame the victim that Jon Stewart lied to and then misconstrued their words to make them say things that they actually didn't. But you are tacitly agreeing with me that Jon Stewart distorts.

Also you dodged the false statement that I pointed out Stewart made.

So far you tacitly admit I have 2 examples of Stewart being dishonest.

I've already proven he distorts with several links that you dodge -- Let's go for a third example that you can sleepily ignore, but this time about his ignorance.

When Jon Stewart said that there was no such thing as a National Debt under Bill Clinton - was he knowledgeable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdDr7yYSPV4
Yes, I do blame the victim who is too stupid to understand what they are getting into. Anyone with two brain cells can watch TV and comprehend what was going to happen if they agree to an interview.

No one forced morons to be interviewed.

As for the Christmas thing, the link you posted shows Congress did not adjourn for Christmas like they do today.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
http://www.politifact.com/rhode-isla...-met-most-chr/

Read the facts in detail - Politifact says you just told a liar pants on fire lie!
Yes, and I read their link. PolitiFact is saying they probably weren't in office for Christmas, but their link shows damn well they were in session for Christmas.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Why are you lying to defend your liar? Don't be such a weak person.

Click my links, Stewart's show DID LIE to several people they interviewed. Why are you lying about it?

I can admit that Fox News has people that lie, MSNBC lies, and so does John Stewart. Have some integrity.

At least educate yourself a bit.
You do know Jon Stewart is a professional comedian and his program on Comedy Central was a comic/satirical show, right?

Trump also has a comical show, but he's calling it a political campaign.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do blame the victim who is too stupid to understand what they are getting into. Anyone with two brain cells can watch TV and comprehend what was going to happen if they agree to an interview.

No one forced morons to be interviewed.

As for the Christmas thing, the link you posted shows Congress did not adjourn for Christmas like they do today.
So you admit Stewart lied to guests - that is a distortion.

So you admit that you won't fairly compare what Stewart said to the facts, which is why politifact gave Stewart a pants on fire lie for that quote.

Sheep.

You'd probably be clapping along in the audience as Stewart spouted off such irrational BS.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You do know Jon Stewart is a professional comedian and his program on Comedy Central was a comic/satirical show, right?

Trump also has a comical show, but he's calling it a political campaign.
A comedy show that lied, distorted, spun...and many people take as truth telling.

Look at all the sheep on here defending lies and spinning. Proves my point and these same sheep correctly call out FoxNews for distortions, but can't even admit Stewart lies, distorts, etc.

Sheep.

Stewart has the best of both worlds. He can be called the "last honest newsman" by sycophants in the media and lie and distort and then when that is pointed out as fact, his fans either be a sheep about it or play the "he is just a comedian" card.

Fact - he lied and distorted often.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
So you admit Stewart lied to guests - that is a distortion.

So you admit that you won't fairly compare what Stewart said to the facts, which is why politifact gave Stewart a pants on fire lie for that quote.

Sheep.

You'd probably be clapping along in the audience as Stewart spouted off such irrational BS.

So are you saying those that went on the show to be interviewed were incapable of watching his show to know what they were getting into?

As for what the debt and deficit is, this site alone proves that is something many have a hard time truly understanding. Was either of them right 100%? No. But I accept that fact that Stewart isn't 100% right about everything because we all make errors in life. But that doesn't change the fact that I will miss his entertaining way of looking at the political world we live in.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Fact - he lied and distorted often.
Just like Fox News does?

Old 08-14-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Just like Fox News does?
Yes! Of course, I've already said FoxNews distorts several times on this thread. I am the one being objective. You are the one spinning in a partisan fashion to defend someone's lies, because you like their humor and politics.

Quote:
So are you saying those that went on the show to be interviewed were incapable of watching his show to know what they were getting into?
If you were smarter, you would realize that this statement and similar statements you have made fundamentally agrees with me.

Interviewees should know that if Jon Stewart PROMISES he won't do certain things in an interview, he will BREAK THAT PROMISE, because his show is BUILT ON DISHONESTY.

Interviewees should know that their comments will be taken out of context, because his show is built on distortions.

Interviewees should know that they cannot record the interview on their own device, because Stewart wants 100% control so he can manipulate BS with it!

You agree with me...Stewart distorts! Guests should know that and if they go on, know that Stewart will LIE in advance about what will and won't happen during the interview!

He also makes many factually incorrect statements or half truths when just normal commentary - YES< JUST LIKE FOX NEWS!!!

Quote:
As for what the debt and deficit is, this site alone proves that is something many have a hard time truly understanding. Was either of them right 100%? No. But I accept that fact that Stewart isn't 100% right about everything because we all make errors in life. But that doesn't change the fact that I will miss his entertaining way of looking at the political world we live in.
He actually prepared for the debate and that is a really ridiculous error. Off script he isn't that knowledgeable.

You can enjoy his entertaining spin and his opinions and his commentary. Yes he can be funny. Yes, he has made me laugh before. Yes, I have even used some of his material in lesson plans before.

But don't tell me that he doesn't lie, he doesn't distort, and etc... And then don't BS me with excuses for his politifact pants on fire lies.

Thank you.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Yes! Of course, I've already said FoxNews distorts several times on this thread. I am the one being objective. You are the one spinning in a partisan fashion to defend someone's lies, because you like their humor and politics.

If you were smarter, you would realize that this statement and similar statements you have made fundamentally agrees with me.

Interviewees should know that if Jon Stewart PROMISES he won't do certain things in an interview, he will BREAK THAT PROMISE, because his show is BUILT ON DISHONESTY.

Interviewees should know that their comments will be taken out of context, because his show is built on distortions.

Interviewees should know that they cannot record the interview on their own device, because Stewart wants 100% control so he can manipulate BS with it!

You agree with me...Stewart distorts! Guests should know that and if they go on, know that Stewart will LIE in advance about what will and won't happen during the interview!

He also makes many factually incorrect statements or half truths when just normal commentary - YES< JUST LIKE FOX NEWS!!!

He actually prepared for the debate and that is a really ridiculous error. Off script he isn't that knowledgeable.

You can enjoy his entertaining spin and his opinions and his commentary. Yes he can be funny. Yes, he has made me laugh before. Yes, I have even used some of his material in lesson plans before.

But don't tell me that he doesn't lie, he doesn't distort, and etc... And then don't BS me with excuses for his politifact pants on fire lies.

Thank you.
If one doesn't know what they are getting into when doing an interview on the Daily Show, then that person is a moron, no excuse you give will make that any better.

I also wonder if you know what the term adjourn means because it seems like PolitiFact doesn't.....

You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies