Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Jon Stewart be on/near the top of your list?
Yes and I'm a Democrat 20 14.49%
Yes and I'm a Republicans 2 1.45%
Yes and I'm an Independent 21 15.22%
No and I'm a Democrat 7 5.07%
No and I'm a Republicans 29 21.01%
No and I'm an Independent 59 42.75%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 10:12 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times

Advertisements

No, I would never vote for a Democrat, except for a local candidate, when it wouldn't affect national policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 10:50 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Yes. He's very smart, compassionate, thoughtful, honest, level-headed and trustworthy. And to anyone who will come along and thumb their nose at the idea of someone in his profession running for a political office, I give your Ronald Reagan.
John Stewart is no Ronald Reagan! Besides have you forgotten (or did you even know) that R.R. had been a two term governor of California prior to running for President?

Old 08-11-2015, 10:53 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Yes. He's very smart, compassionate, thoughtful, honest, level-headed and trustworthy. And to anyone who will come along and thumb their nose at the idea of someone in his profession running for a political office, I give your Ronald Reagan.
Did you just compare Ronald Reagan to Jon Stewart?

I suggest you Wiki Ronald Reagan.

Btw, Stewart had like 11 writers for his show.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:04 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Did you just compare Ronald Reagan to Jon Stewart?

I suggest you Wiki Ronald Reagan.

Btw, Stewart had like 11 writers for his show.
I didn't compare him to Ronald Reagan at all. I compared their careers both being in the entertainment field before entering politics. Ya I know Stewart had writers, and he also produced the show, managed a huge crew and did thousands of off the cuff interviews over the years. A person could not watch him four days a week for 16 years without knowing the real Jon and knowing how his mind works. I'd trust him to govern fairly over Cruz, Walker or Trump any day---inexperience in government and all. Although Trump fans discount inexperience these days so forget I said that. IF Jon wanted to get into politics he'd be smart enough to start with a local or state office instead of at the top.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:48 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What has John Stewart actually accomplished where you see he's done anything except talk.
He's not running for president, so the point is moot.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. cocaine user

2. raised by communists

3. associated with communists throughout his life

4. no one saw him at Columbia

5. transcripts never seen at Columbia or Harvard

6. never held a job

7. No sources of financial support, yet had school paid

8. prof at Univ of Chicago- colleagues said he was lazy

9. community organizer

10. state senator in Illinois

11. 1.5 years as US senator from Illinois

12. spent four years in a Muslim school as a child

13. self proclaimed "poor student"

I think that about sizes it up. And the majority of US citizens elected a man with these "credentials" TWICE!
Well at least you are half right, that has to account for something.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:07 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Not even for Dog Catcher.....

Old 08-11-2015, 07:13 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
No. He is an actor and a comedian, mediocre at best. The fact that this is even a real question as well as the number of people that rely on satire for "news" , makes me weep a bit inside.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
No. He is an actor and a comedian, mediocre at best. The fact that this is even a real question as well as the number of people that rely on satire for "news" , makes me weep a bit inside.
Satire makes the best news because it has to be true,to be funny, but news channels don't have to be true when reporting what they call "news."

Old 08-11-2015, 07:43 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well at least you are half right, that has to account for something.
I am afraid "completely right" is more accurate.

Who in their right mind would have ever elected a man with so little experience, a dubious past with communist associates, a muslim indoctrination as a child, and no transcripts of his academic record?

Even the most biased, partisan liberals must accept that Obama was not properly vetted, cleared, or prepared for the presidency.

The results of Obama's presidency (which has been determined to be the worst in US history by all of those except far left Obama partisans) suggests that perhaps placing a community organizer, with a dubios past, a Muslim indoctrination as a child, and no executive experience was, at best, reckeless and bordering on lunacy.

Thankfully this moron has only 16 more months in office. Given the damage he has already created, I am fearful as to what he will do when he senses the end of his absolute power will be ending soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies