Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 08:18 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I strongly support MGTOW......Leaves more options for me..

You can have those options.

Hope it works out for you.

When you finally wake up and have an awakening, MGTOW will still be around and stronger than ever.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:06 AM

1,759 posts, read 1,879,512 times
Standard MGTOW thread on a public forum:
1. People who understand and wish good luck.
2. People who are made uncomfortable by a man withdrawing his resources from female benefit or invalidating their life choices using a wide array of shaming tactics.

Fortunately, MGTOW is the one group of males on whom shaming doesn't work. To the OP, I recommend ignoring all the shamers. They are trying to get a rise out of you, do not drop to that level.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:08 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime704 View Post
Soooo what about "relief"
He repeatedly stated earlier in the thread that he prefers taking matters in his own hands.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:28 AM

204 posts, read 145,499 times
Well, I just spent tonight reading 48 pages.

There’s a million ways to miss a point, and fewer ways to hear it correctly. Everybody has their learning curve and one has to let them live it. No doubt the OP realizes this, as I do.

In the midst of all of the criticisms the OP has received, of all of the points made back and forth, of all of the side discussions, of all the digressions and fractured thoughts, of all the eloquence of the words within, one important thing about MGTOW happened right under your very nose.

The OP, in one swift initial post, took away your ability to say, ”But no one told me.”

You’ll never notice that’s what has happened if you are distracted by the others things I have described.

Except I just pointed it out to you. And for some/many of you, you likely still don’t care. You’ll post as much. But you’ve been told. One of your arrows has been removed from your quiver. This arrow is quite important.

It doesn’t matter what you say to me about what I am telling you. You can laugh among yourselves for the next 5 pages over what I say here. It doesn’t matter.

You have been notified.

That one act of notification will end more future confusion and wasted discussion than what it caused in 48 pages.

That makes it well worth it, that Original Post. For the future.

One criticism recurring here from women is why do men talk about women so much if they are Going Their Own Way? Women shouldn't assume that GYOW is an instant thing and that all discussion about women stops and that men just quietly disperse into the night, never again to mention women to each other. Likely many men do go hermit while we see only the men who talk online. Men talk about stuff. Some men more than others. Men learn what's been happening to themselves by listening and conversing with other men. Men want to assist other men. It takes a while to deprogram from a lifetime of brainwashing. Men learn a lot by hanging around and reading what other men say. To learn how others manage and managed. Men themselves are ok with what forms this self-education takes, how it manifests, are ok with the differing rates of speed that men participate, and are ok with the knowledge that women are watching and criticizing.

These things should be obvious to a self-thinking woman. Women certainly are quite ok when women manifest as they process. Yet, not ok when men do it. Why be sexist in your understanding, ladies, except that it comforts you to do so? Why the double-standard? Women can get ok with MGTOW, if they chose to. I think a major perception problem of women is that they gravitate to primal descriptions too easily. Contrary to the belief of many, these men are not hating women, certainly not like women hate men. Mostly, men don't trust women anymore. Women hate men, but men don't trust women. Women see it as hate from men because they view it through their primal vocabularies. That's on women. If I were a woman, I would skip over your obvious perception and focus on the less noticeable pattern of indifference that is developing. But, then, this level of depth disallows women of self-comforting, dismissive things to say.

Feminists are not interested in equality. We are only reminded of the word 'equality' when it is used by women as a salve for men's complaints. The word "feminism" itself is sexist and biased. I challenge the supporters of feminism to substitute the word "equality" in place of the word "feminism" in every instance and see where it goes. Feminists know what they will lose by doing that. So do I. Feminism and equality are not equivalent terms.

When a feminist says "man up", she is really saying "put on this leash." When women say that men are just immature boys who live in their parents' basement and play video games, they are really saying, "They won't put on the leash".

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 09-22-2015 at 07:43 AM..

Old 09-23-2015, 11:00 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times
MGTOW is growing by leaps and bounds:

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=mgtow

Nothing is more freeing than breaking the shackles of American societal expectations when it comes to marriage, relationships, and how a man should live his life. Modern extreme materialism driven feminism/ hypergamy/ one-swipe hookup culture has all but completely ruined the dynamic between men and women in modern American society. Stay single. Keep your money. Save your sanity. Live your life. You are a human being, not a disposable utility.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:34 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
You are a human being, not a disposable utility.
Yes, this applies to all people, not just men.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:46 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,243,087 times
I am a middle aged dude who has read a lot on this subject, watched YouTube videos, etc. and I must say This whole MGTOW thing is creepy and to be frank-- gay as hell. This is nothing but an Internet outlet for deadbeats, losers, narcissistic homosexuals, and other biological dead-ends. I think it is time to turn off the internet and open your minds.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:55 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
What?
I know, right! WTF is this thread even about?

I'm a male who adores the opposite sex, and sex for that matter. I like holding doors open for women, allowing my wife to enter ahead of me, walking on the outside on a street... etc.

I don't see it as being "what society expects of me" but rather more of what I expect of myself.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:06 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
MGTOW is growing by leaps and bounds:

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=mgtow

Nothing is more freeing than breaking the shackles of American societal expectations when it comes to marriage, relationships, and how a man should live his life. Modern extreme materialism driven feminism/ hypergamy/ one-swipe hookup culture has all but completely ruined the dynamic between men and women in modern American society. Stay single. Keep your money. Save your sanity. Live your life. You are a human being, not a disposable utility.
For a reality check...do that Google Trends comparison alongside "Lena Dunham".

lol.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:13 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
One perspective of MGTOW is this. Many argue that it attracts the "outcasts", "socially inept" and the like. One reason there are posts stating that virginity is a sign of social ineptitude. On the other hand, there is another thing to look at. I got curious and found several videos about this movement. The more I listen, the more I don't know who to believe. On one hand, I get that for men,marriage isn't advantageous, particularly in the court system. On the other hand, I'm wondering "will this happen to me if I get married"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies