Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 02:33 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You have summed it up well.

It is kind of weird to have a movement that elevates masturbation. Big deal, don't most boys start that around puberty?

Masturbation is to sex what what eating vegetables and organic low-fat chicken is to fast-food.

Relationships are just not worth it as far as I am concerned. I would rather have a vid I can watch, get the act done with, and go back to writing or watching/observing insects (which I've just discovered is actually fascinating) then have a relationship with an actual woman who would want attention, affection, etc.

That and not everyone likes physical sexually contact. I tried it, and it wasn't that fun.

And yes, turning over rotting logs and finding and trying to identify grubs is indeed more interesting than going to a bar or having a date, and a lot less draining. Relationships and "romance" is just not worth the stress.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
That's right.

I notice quite a few men on CD feel a need to make public announcements about their apparent rejection of marriage and other middle-class values.

There are probably just as many women, if not more, including me, who have no desire to marry. Some have never been married; some of us already have. But we don't feel any need to publicly proclaim our commitment to singledom, let alone to get all political about it by forming a "movement" around the idea and posting about it in P&OC.

Yep, that never happens!

oh wait....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0p7_x-92OE

But of course, the classic double-standard rears it's head: it's okay for women, but when men do it, it's sexism.

And I am not just rejecting marriage, but the whole dating, romance and two-person sex thing. After watching a feral cat chase a squirrel all the way up a tree and devour it I suddenly had an epiphany: observing is more interesting than observing a woman I am on a date with. And a whole lot less stressful.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Fixed that for you.

Individuals are being oppressed and have been oppressed by society, men and women. That is the issue.

Relationships are another tool of oppression. Why should I or any other man be expected to sacrifice himself to a relationship? That is what I am saying, and it has nothing to do with feminism or women.

Why is it so hard to talk about men and men alone without someone throwing "womyn are being oppressed!!!!!!" in there? Honestly, would you crash a study on testicular cancer to scream about women's health issues and how by studying men's health the doctors are hurting women?

Old 09-02-2015, 02:52 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yep, that never happens!

oh wait....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0p7_x-92OE

But of course, the classic double-standard rears it's head: it's okay for women, but when men do it, it's sexism.

And I am not just rejecting marriage, but the whole dating, romance and two-person sex thing.

After watching a feral cat chase a squirrel all the way up a tree and devour it I suddenly had an epiphany: observing is more interesting than observing a woman I am on a date with. And a whole lot less stressful.
Stop presenting yourself as part of a movement. You are ill. Not an incapacitating or dangerous illness, but ill nonetheless.

Most MGTOW are normal, but find developing or being in relationships less fulfilling than other pursuits. You do not 'reject' relationships; you find them rather sickening.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:53 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If that is you gripe wouldn't your efforts be better spent rallying for more homeless shelters for men, working on domestic violence awareness and men's health and educational issues?
Because misogynists would rather ***** about women, rather than actually put the effort in to make real change, in what they're supposedly so concerned about.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Because misogynists would rather ***** about women, rather than actually put the effort in to make real change, in what they're supposedly so concerned about.

So by saying "I would vote for a woman as president (just not Hillary) want more women CEOs and in congress etc but just don't want to have sex or a relationship with women" I am a "woman-hater." Okay

Old 09-02-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Stop presenting yourself as part of a movement. You are ill. Not an incapacitating or dangerous illness, but ill nonetheless.

So finding sex to be overrated makes me "ill"? Really?

I think people who don't like cheesecake have something wrong with them too. Should they be medicated?

Old 09-02-2015, 03:22 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So by saying "I would vote for a woman as president (just not Hillary) want more women CEOs and in congress etc but just don't want to have sex or a relationship with women" I am a "woman-hater." Okay
Huh? Not all about you. Sheesh
I quoted 2mares, who responded to incorrectPolitically ,

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 09-02-2015 at 03:53 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 03:45 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,439,011 times
Finding sex "overrated " is one thing. Espousing the joys of turning over rotting logs and examining grubs over dating is a whole 'nother level of disconnect from the normal parameters of human connections. In your case MGTOW is less about "male liberation" than a (failed) explanation for your personal shibboleths, which include disgust for any contact with another human body and feeling that the smells and sounds of the whole "sex thing" are "horrible". Your words.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:05 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times
I can kind of see where the OP is coming from. Im naturally really introverted and I used to have a lot of stress and anxiety in social situations, even though I seemed pretty normal to most people. Here's the thing I noticed though...once I pushed myself out of my comfort zone, went through the awkwardness of forcing myself to be more outgoing, and started getting confidence in my social skills, I actually started enjoying things that I used to completely hate...parties, meeting people, going out to bars or clubs, etc.

I think that when you're not a natural in some area of your life, you'll rationalize that you aren't "that type of person". It makes sense because the experience isn't enjoyable until you become more experienced or competent. I'm not saying that's the case for the OP, but I think it's easy to just convince yourself you're naturally a certain way and stick to what's comfortable. You might miss out on things you never imagined yourself liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies