Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 08:51 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That is what MGTOW is. It is men's liberation finally here and finally spreading. Deal with it
So after 38 pages I still dont get it. What is it this group does, what are you being liberated from.

There is a faction of men who have no desire date or have girlfriends much less to marry and have families. I get that. That is nothing new nor limited to men. There are no laws saying you must date or marry, you are not discriminated against because of it, not denied jobs, not paid less or prevented from engaging in or being denied access to any organization or establishment.

I dont find any information suggesting this group lobbies for or is involved in any way with fathers rights, family court advocacy, male reproductive technology, men's health or education. No support, no sponsorship, no awareness. Which is a real shame.

So exactly what is it "we" need to deal with.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:59 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,385 times
So dont date or get married. Not all people into that lifestyle. So fight the good life,stick your middle finger out there for dad and gramps. And try to get out of your bed in the morning on the right side of the bed. You have a bad case of the grumpys.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:20 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So after 38 pages I still dont get it. What is it this group does, what are you being liberated from.

There is a faction of men who have no desire date or have girlfriends much less to marry and have families. I get that. That is nothing new nor limited to men. There are no laws saying you must date or marry, you are not discriminated against because of it, not denied jobs, not paid less or prevented from engaging in or being denied access to any organization or establishment.

I dont find any information suggesting this group lobbies for or is involved in any way with fathers rights, family court advocacy, male reproductive technology, men's health or education. No support, no sponsorship, no awareness. Which is a real shame.

So exactly what is it "we" need to deal with.
We're supposed to mourn their deciding to take themselves out of the running because they're just oh so desirable and now we have to pick from lesser men.

What's funny about them complaining is there is nothing to be fixed here. If someone has no desire to date or marry they have no desire to date or marry. There is NOTHING we could do to change their minds and why would we want to? I certainly would not want to be married to someone who had to be coerced into it. Go your own way and enjoy your life. It's your life to live ANY way you want that doesn't harm someone else and opting out harms no one. I know both men and women who have opted out. It's actually quite normal to have a certain percentage of the population opt out.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:44 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
We're supposed to mourn their deciding to take themselves out of the running because they're just oh so desirable and now we have to pick from lesser men.

What's funny about them complaining is there is nothing to be fixed here. If someone has no desire to date or marry they have no desire to date or marry. There is NOTHING we could do to change their minds and why would we want to?
Thats what I thought. I'm just trying to make sure I'm not missing something.
I will go home and have myself a good cry over not being having the privilege to date guys I wouldn't want to date.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:03 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
While I fully understand a person not wanting to be stuck in a relationship I don't understand the (MGTOW) thing. That's some strange stuff.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:54 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
While I fully understand a person not wanting to be stuck in a relationship I don't understand the (MGTOW) thing. That's some strange stuff.
Exactly. I know many people of both sexes that are quite comfortable being single. Most never married, some married and divorced. In my personal experience, the ones who never married seem most comfortable in their lifestyle. All are in their 40's or 50's but none ever felt the need to join a club to validate their choice to remain single. It seems quite odd. I suspect these men think they are breaking new ground but they are just slapping a silky name on it.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,845,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
And WHY do you feel compelled to announce this?

I don't think anyone cares if you go your own way. It's your life. Enjoy. We are each entitled to do what makes us happy. You don't need anyone's approval.
That's right.

I notice quite a few men on CD feel a need to make public announcements about their apparent rejection of marriage and other middle-class values.

There are probably just as many women, if not more, including me, who have no desire to marry. Some have never been married; some of us already have. But we don't feel any need to publicly proclaim our commitment to singledom, let alone to get all political about it by forming a "movement" around the idea and posting about it in P&OC. Notice that there is no WGTOW. We just quietly go about our business, and let others go on with theirs.

If you want to always stay single, that's just fine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that; heck, I think there are lots of people who marry who shouldn't, so good for you. Honestly, though, me thinks you guys doth protest way too much.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:16 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
I am gonna take my ball and go home! " shrug " ok.... See ya!

Old 08-31-2015, 10:12 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am gonna take my ball and go home! " shrug " ok.... See ya!
It's 'balls' and going home to a house that the owner will not have to ever give 50% of to another person because of a marriage license.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:26 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Thanks, you men "going your own way" can go jerk off in a corner somewhere... I'm gonna continue to get laid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies