Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2015, 06:42 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
It's 'balls' and going home to a house that the owner will not have to ever give 50% of to another person because of a marriage license.
Your landlord?

Old 09-01-2015, 08:43 AM

14 posts, read 16,694 times
Men are the majority of homeless, but women have the VAST majority of homeless shelters. Men are the majority of the unemployed, but the focus is on the made up pay gap. Domestic violence is pretty much an even split - but the focus is on male domestic violence. The majority of discretionary spending for health, education and welfare goes to women. Women now outnumber men on college campus - so unbelievably fake statistics were made up to persecute college men for regret-sex. Women get lower sentences or probation for equal crimes. That - or they just don't get arrested at all. You have Yes Means Yes - a movement by women to remove men's rights to presumption of innocence and due process. The list of con-games against men goes on and on.

That women were the historically oppressed, not men, is the biggest scam ever pulled on men, right after marriage-is-good-for-you and the white-knight-inspired laws for alimony and alimony+ (child support). If society didn't create the idea of provider and protector and drill this man-hating concept into men's heads through religion and media - most men would never have gotten married - and later destroyed by women through divorce.

Thanks to concepts like MGTOW, men are waking up to the scam called marriage and opting out the globe over - so much so that countries are now forcing defacto marriage through cohabitation - stating that the poor women get the short end of the stick in breakups with their boyfriends.

MGTOW exists due the the tens upon tens of millions of men's lives destroyed through marriage over the past 50+ years - in the US alone. MGTOW exists due to the tens upon tens of thousands of men that take their own lives every year as a result of divorce - in the US alone.

The most important thing I've learned regarding relationships with women is MGTOW.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:49 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Thanks, you men "going your own way" can go jerk off in a corner somewhere... I'm gonna continue to get laid.
You have summed it up well.

It is kind of weird to have a movement that elevates masturbation. Big deal, don't most boys start that around puberty?

Old 09-01-2015, 12:17 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
It's 'balls' and going home to a house that the owner will not have to ever give 50% of to another person because of a marriage license.

Ok then take your " balls " and go home. NOBODY CARES!

Old 09-01-2015, 12:24 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
I'm amazed this thread hasn't already died.... Most of us really don't care if MGTOW. Please do go your own way.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was a late bloomer and didn't really start dating until I was well into my 20s and lost my virginity closer to 30 than 20. Maybe that's why I don't see what all the fuss is about. I mean really, sex is overrated, and so are relationships. And yet, society expects me and other men to do x,y and z to "impress women" and "get girls" and go through all these hopes, do all this effort, just to attract a female. And once we get said female we are suppose to "grow up" and basically prostitute ourselves to a 9-5, even if we hate said 9-5, give up our own ambitions in favor of having kids, supporting a wife (so much for "independent women") and family and have no dreams aside from maybe getting a McMansion.

Enter MGTOW, an idea that was around before it had a name. It is about men rejecting the ideas of society and not denying ourselves to satisfy some woman's expectations or what society expects of men. It is NOT about men who don't want to grow up. The opposite, actually: I have a nice job, pay my own bills and even volunteer at a local animal shelter. I just don't spend any more time pursuing women because relationships as a whole are really not worth it. I would rather spend my time becoming a better writer of horror and fantasy or backpacking than trying to meet women at bars or online.

And it is not about hating women. I have more female friends than I do male friends. I have nothing against women as a whole. We don't believe women should be back in the kitchen. Most of us understand that women should be free to pursue whatever ambition they desire. Likewise, we want our own dreams to be OURS and not what society tells us. MGTOW is not anti-woman, but it is pro-men being free and liberated. Women do not have to stay in the kitchen and with the kids any more (thank God) and men don't have to climb the corporate ladder and jump through hopes to attract women and be hubbies anymore (thank God)

Also, MGTOW is as much a middle-finger to the older generation of men as it is to certain (but not all) women. We are telling our fathers and grandfathers that we see the lies they didn't see and that we know why they have grown into old, bitter men: they fell for it. The idea that I as a male have to become a walking ATM machine for a baby-factory who doesn't really care for me and I have to sell my soul for a "dream" of an ugly house filled with brats is dead. That McMansion is a gilded cage...emphasis on the cage part

And finally it is not about feminism. It may have been inspired by some ideas of feminism (if women can be liberated, than so can we) but this is not men giving up because women "refuse to be ladies". Even if I was around "Stepford Wife" kind of women I would still not want to go back to dating...in fact, that would be even worse! At least modern women can actually work and provide something material to a relationship in theory. Back in the day they were just free-loaders. Honestly: is a relationship and sex so important that I would give up my freedom to a free-loader? Not for me, it isn't, and not for a growing number of men.

That is what MGTOW is. It is men's liberation finally here and finally spreading. Deal with it
Your more bitter than relating anything wide spread. Hope you get help for your anger.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:46 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncorrectPolitically View Post
That women were the historically oppressed, not men, is the biggest scam ever pulled on men,
I was wondering when the tinfoil brigade would show up.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
I was wondering when the tinfoil brigade would show up.
Tinfoil Brigade = Anyone that disagrees with feminist ideology or doesn't white knight for feminists.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:14 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncorrectPolitically View Post
Tinfoil Brigade = Anyone that thinks that men have been "historically oppressed".
Fixed that for you.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Fixed that for you.
"Fix" it all you want. We'll still win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies